The New War Brackets are giving very frustrating demotions

TeiberiousTeiberious Member Posts: 10

So when Kabam announced that they were doing new war brackets, I was excited, as I thought there would be more opportunity to move up, but in most cases, it is going to be a demotion.

For instance, if you used to be at the bottom of Platinum 4, you will now be in Platinum 6. If you were just past the middle of Gold 1, you will now be in Gold2.

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★
    It’s a net win for the new rewards. Going from old Plat 4 to New Plat 6 you now get 2 nexus class crystals instead of 1.

You’ll also move from 33750 t3a shards to 58,500. From 42,750 t6b shards to 74,100. 7* shards stay the same at 1,000. 4* and 5* relic shards stay the same, adding in 1,000 6* relic shards. T6CC stays the same. T5CC stays the same. 6* shards stay the same.

If you end up in plat 4 or 5, it’s an even better deal for you.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    Very helpful side-by-side chart.

Misguided logic on “demotion”.
    If you were being demoted out of an actual Category, such as Masters, Platinum, or Gold, that would be one thing. But you’re not.

Plat is still in Plat (and in fact another 100 move UP INTO it).
    And Gold still Gold (with another 500 actually moving UP into it).

Just because they split some into further divisions, doesn’t mean you are losing ground by suddenly having a # further down the chart, when that # didn’t exist before under the old system.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

So when Kabam announced that they were doing new war brackets, I was excited, as I thought there would be more opportunity to move up, but in most cases, it is going to be a demotion.

For instance, if you used to be at the bottom of Platinum 4, you will now be in Platinum 6. If you were just past the middle of Gold 1, you will now be in Gold2.

Am I missing something here?

Yes, you’re fixated on a meaningless label instead of the rewards being given and the alliance’s rank. It’s fine.