Options

Honestly necropolis isn't as bad as I thought

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,578 ★★★★★
So I finally decided to give my necropolis run after days of "over-preparation".

As I finally got the t2 dust thanks to alliance banquet event, I ascended my kate and went into necropolis. I'm midway and took a break, and thought of sharing my experience.

My team - r5 ascended doom, r5 ascended kate, chavez 5*, nf 5* and wiccan 6* r3.
Stash - 4500 units, 25 l1 revs, 35 l2 revs, 5 l3 revs and couple of pots.

Titania - The only solo I got, I fought her like a million times as part of "practice", and today I finally managed to solo her, That moment I decided I'm gtg.

Vision aarkus- A fight completely designed to be anti doom.I went in few times with doom and not able to chip some serious damage, So I just went in with kate and spammed cryo arrows. Down with 6 revs.

Omega Sentinel - I understand for aegon players, she is a headache, but for kate, she is the easiest matchup in the entire path. Pretty straightforward fight, could've been a solo but I become over confident nd tried to dex her sp2 instead of block, but ended miserably taking 2 sp2 directly. Used 1 revive

Air walker - made for doom, mine is dead, so revived him nd able to take him to 17% , could've been a solo, but my relic whiffed (honestly kabam, just fix relics already) nd he launched his sp3, used another revive to get him down.

Cap britain - this one sucks. Kabam be like, let's just add reverse controls to make her difficult. Pure dogshit and I sucked with kate, doom can overcome her reverse control, but the trap node sucked and his rotation is badly affected time to time. Also took a lot of sp2s on the face thanks to unpredictable ai (skill issue). Used 8 revs.

Wiccan - this is the one I afraid the most, as I don't have champs who reverse heal,So went with doom. Wiccan is way easier than I thought, I mean it. Just don't parry him and bait his heavy and punish them (his heavy is one hit so you can just take it on the face with doom). Should've been a solo, but messed up and used 4 revs.

Psycho- he is the most fun fight in Titania lane, I thought he might just mess up Kate's rotation (He did obviously) but the fun part is his missions had actual "realistic" timers.He is easily soloable but at this point I'm fed up and did some mistakes. Ended up using 5 revs.

Guardian - My another fear, his energy resistance is higher than expected (for reference,my r5 ascended kate no sucides and full boosts did 3500 per tick with 3 coldsnaps, Usually she deal around 22k with the same. Also I learnt that always push him to sp2, it's way easier to dex actually compared to quick sp1. Used 7 revives.

Valkyrie - The most fun fight in the entire necropolis imo!! For the players who beat og act6, they can do this one easily( just like the old days, just bait sp1 and never block), valkyrie ai is ultra agressive when she has a bar of power and no pierce, Took me to old days where I punished sp1 all the day. Very fun fight as opposed to the common opinion of being tough( I understand you Aegon users).

Currently I'm at red guardian, I hope all the roadblocks have been cleared already ( Dragonman, is he tough with stun immunity?).

Also tips for doom, especially from the ones who did phase 3 with reverse control immune champs, how it went?

Also guys, If I can do it, anyone can do it, so go get it done noww!

Comments

• Options
    Forgive any typos, I got it done on a phone.
  • Options
    Update - Soloed red guardian
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 589 ★★★
    Necropolis is the Ægon moment event, he males it really easy

Imo, Kabam Everest content is Abyss of legends
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,882 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Aarkus was bad with kate but valk was the worst fight on the lane, aggressive AI made it difficult to hit into block without them intercepting. Passive AI made it difficult for them to throw sp1 . I would end up being special intercepted sometimes too when they were holding block

Im going to start path 2 with mr fantastic with her today so i hope i can adapt to the trap node quick
  • Options

I believe kate is better than aegon for necropolis even with minimal skills
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Aarkus was bad with kate but valk was the worst fight on the lane, aggressive AI made it difficult to hit into block without them intercepting. Passive AI made it difficult for them to throw sp1 . I would end up being special intercepted sometimes too when they were holding block

The ai for me was always between aggressive and normal, guess I may be lucky.
    But honestly, is valk the worst tho? Just bait sp1 and hit blocks constantly? I fel guardian more troublesome
  • Options

Aegon is better for paths 4-6 on the right side. Think @Aomine_Daiki10 used both and said that
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Aegon is better for paths 4-6 on the right side. Think @Aomine_Daiki10 used both and said that
    Yeah aegon is definitely more useful with brute force, but for titania path, kate team is more cheap
  • Options
    Guys who should I use for dragonman?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★
    I mean the fact that we don't have to deal with that stupid AOL's evade node and the other one that stuns you, it's a huge W, surely made our lives easier xD also i think necropolis has fewer fights than aol
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,063 ★★★★
    Honestly great to hear, I just ascended my Kate yesterday and started revive farming in preparation. Glad that most of the fights with Kate aren’t too much of an issue and even for the ones that are, 5ish revives is not that big of a deal. Also for dragonman I’ve heard Kate can take him just fine just play around the stun immunity. Good luck man!
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I completed necropolis with zero units (all with farmed revives) will post rewards soon
  • Options
    @Nemesis_17 kate is great in necropolis, but make sure you're good with reverse controls otherwise grandmaster 3rd phase will be hell.
    Also, I don't recommend kate for guardian, he can handle everyone else in titania/guardian path (need 3/3 despair for wiccan and you have only two chance against air walker)
  • Options
    Good luck with the pulls. She’s actually just as good for the Sauron and Mr Fantastic paths (or so I’ve heard). You still have some time before the revive farming is nerfed to the ground to get 1 maybe even 2 paths done. Exploration rewards are worth it
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Good luck with the pulls. She’s actually just as good for the Sauron and Mr Fantastic paths (or so I’ve heard). You still have some time before the revive farming is nerfed to the ground to get 1 maybe even 2 paths done. Exploration rewards are worth it

Thanks, I'm happy I got 7* venom (my fav champ) and another surprise you'll actually love (I might post later)
  • Options

@Nemesis_17 kate is great in necropolis, but make sure you're good with reverse controls otherwise grandmaster 3rd phase will be hell.
    Also, I don't recommend kate for guardian, he can handle everyone else in titania/guardian path (need 3/3 despair for wiccan and you have only two chance against air walker)

Gm 3rd phase is basically my only concern left at this point. I’ll have herc for guardian and/or psycho man, and for airwalker I have r2 Chavez if my first 2 attempts with Kate don’t go well. I was gonna bring r4 shuri for cap Britain/dragon man, maybe psycho man and as a grandmaster option. I should have more than enough revives but might need to look into a grandmaster counter specifically because that 3rd phase scares me lol.
  • Options

Gm 3rd phase is basically my only concern left at this point. I’ll have herc for guardian and/or psycho man, and for airwalker I have r2 Chavez if my first 2 attempts with Kate don’t go well. I was gonna bring r4 shuri for cap Britain/dragon man, maybe psycho man and as a grandmaster option. I should have more than enough revives but might need to look into a grandmaster counter specifically because that 3rd phase scares me lol.
    Either drop herc or shuri in favour of nick fury, that 20% attack increase is huge for kate, chavez and the other hero in your team.
    Practice reverse controls on 6.3.1 until you're comfortable with it
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Either drop herc or shuri in favour of nick fury, that 20% attack increase is huge for kate, chavez and the other hero in your team.
    Hmm appreciate the info. I honestly might drop shuri because her damage at r4 is just lackluster. Kate with 2 unramped coldsnaps does basically the same amount and at that point I might as well use Kate. That just means I have to git gud with reverse controls because shuri was a grandmaster option. I’ll go check out 6.3.1 and practice, thanks.
  • Options

Also guys, If I can do it, anyone can do it, so go get it done noww!

I think any veteran end game player who has spent time growing roster and developing content clearing skills - which means both the twitch skills and the more mental ones - can do Necropolis. It does test your roster to a degree, your skills to a degree, your ability and willingness to read nodes and understand fights to a degree, and your resource management to a degree. Anyone with sufficient strength in all of those, and who is a) willing to do it and b) willing to persevere through it without getting frustrated will eventually be able to clear it.

Can everyone do it? Not really. Some aren't strong enough, some don't have the roster yet, and some haven't developed the skill set yet. But really, the big barrier for players who otherwise might be able to do it are that some players are too hesitant to try, and some players are much farther along progress-wise on paper than their actual skills and determination. in other words, many can do it but don't think they can, and many look like they should on paper but aren't as strong as their roster and content completion status would suggest.

Still, it can't hurt to try.
  • Options

Hmm appreciate the info. I honestly might drop shuri because her damage at r4 is just lackluster. Kate with 2 unramped coldsnaps does basically the same amount and at that point I might as well use Kate. That just means I have to git gud with reverse controls because shuri was a grandmaster option. I’ll go check out 6.3.1 and practice, thanks.
    Good luck