7* Adam Warlock

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
So I’ve been doing a lot of testing with him since yesterday to get better with his aggressive play style and I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with him as a whole (all of this is rank 1 7* with no synergies/suicides/boosts). I only had experience with a r3 6* before, so this was this was the first major extensive testing I’ve done with him

For one, there is a nice (small) bonus to his crit damage via the crit stat focus. He went from 14,620 damage on a medium with one fury to 15,074. With 2 furies it goes from 21,332 to 21,994. He already hits like a truck but it’s nice to have even more damage on top of that on every hit.

On top of that, it’s super nice to have his combat power rate maxed out already. He really wants to have a bar of power as often as he can for additional control over the fight, so this is super helpful. Pair him up with a 5-6* relic and it’s much easier to control the fight because of how well he synergizes with it

I’m sure most people are familiar with his play style already, but I thought I’d just go over how it worked out in some forms of content. I tested him in story content, ROL, LOL, and a little in Necro. Through a combination of his pod, throwing special ones from across the screen, and utilizing the striker, I rarely ever lost the sovereignty buff and was able to keep the aggression up.

Honestly the biggest thing for Adam is being able to react quickly if the AI is uncooperative. If the AI is playing ball, it’s extremely easy to nuke them. When they aren’t, it’s still very possible to take them out if you make that split second decision (firing off the striker, using your pod, or throwing a special). It’s not as complicated as a lot of people make it seem, but it does take some practice

Even against ROL Juggs who plays extremely passively and constantly goes unstoppable, I was able to keep his sovereignty up the entire time by alternating between the special one and strikers + one pod use.

TLDR;
- 7* has maxed combat power rate which is super nice on him and feels way better than my 6* r3
- Even more damage on crits (which is pretty much every hit) with the 7*
- There’s a lot of helpful guides out there on how to maintain his play style and I found it to be tricky at times, but certainly not impractical, especially for the damage he puts out
- He’s definitely not for everyone (which I’m sure everyone knows) but I’ve always been a fan and I think he’s very fun to play
- His main downside other than his need for quick thinking is not being stun immune while in the pod. Does he need it for most matchups? No, but the ones he doesn’t have them for are certainly annoying.

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    So crit damage rating is his best stat? I wasn't sure yesterday so.

Also, as someone who absolutely despised Adam for the first couple of months because of AI, I've found light intercepts extremely reliable with him not sure if everyone else is using him this way but it works. If they dash in you clip them, if they hold block you have enough time to react and dash in, and the great thing about playing him this way is the AI will never randomly throw a light attack and intercept you which does happen 50% of the time when you go for medium intercepts. I think he is easily top 5 (top 3 imo) cosmics in the game, sad I didn't pull 7*.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,028 ★★★★★
    Does it matter WHICH Relic to put on him? Or just any?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★

Also, as someone who absolutely despised Adam for the first couple of months because of AI, I've found light intercepts extremely reliable with him not sure if everyone else is using him this way but it works. If they dash in you clip them, if they hold block you have enough time to react and dash in, and the great thing about playing him this way is the AI will never randomly throw a light attack and intercept you which does happen 50% of the time when you go for medium intercepts. I think he is easily top 5 (top 3 imo) cosmics in the game, sad I didn't pull 7*.

It does seem to be! You were right that it’s better to go for crit damage since he crits on most attacks instead of the special damage

Light intercepts are certainly great on him and I remember that you weren’t a fan of him at first lol. I don’t blame you, he is high risk with certain AI’s, but I quickly changed my mind on him after seeing how top players played around the AI. For some reason I find him super fun to play even while facing an uncooperative opponent. He’s my top 1 in the cosmic class when it comes to pure fun :)
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Member Posts: 286 ★★★
    Jealous
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

It does seem to be! You were right that it’s better to go for crit damage since he crits on most attacks instead of the special damage

Light intercepts are certainly great on him and I remember that you weren’t a fan of him at first lol. I don’t blame you, he is high risk with certain AI’s, but I quickly changed my mind on him after seeing how top players played around the AI. For some reason I find him super fun to play even while facing an uncooperative opponent. He’s my top 1 in the cosmic class when it comes to pure fun :)
    Great, yeah it's kinda what made the most sense to me cause when I use him and I start sovereignty counter I'm never worried about specials I try to save them in case AI refuses to cooperate, so I just worry about punching like crazy.

Not my proudest moment lol but yeah he's very fun now that I've learned how to use him properly.
    Emilia90 said:

I personally run him with Ms. Marvel because it synergizes with his true damage. I think Gamora and Thor would be great too because they give him more fury potency but I don’t have them ranked higher/at a higher star level than Ms. Marvel
    OK cool - my Ms Marvel is on Hercules atm but I think I have a Gamora floating around

Emilia90 said:

I personally run him with Ms. Marvel because it synergizes with his true damage. I think Gamora and Thor would be great too because they give him more fury potency but I don’t have them ranked higher/at a higher star level than Ms. Marvel
    OK cool - my Ms Marvel is on Hercules atm but I think I have a Gamora floating around
    Awesome, she should definitely pair well with him. Not sure if there’s an objective best relic for him so I might do a comparison of those too to see if it changes much
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 417 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Awesome, she should definitely pair well with him. Not sure if there’s an objective best relic for him so I might do a comparison of those too to see if it changes much
    Thanks for doing this

I currently have 5* thor relic on him

don't have 5 or 6* Ms. Marvel so If you can please share results of your testing
    @PantherusNZ @Wolf911

Here’s the final results of my testing! 5* Gamora and Marvel and 4* Thor relic. All the same fight, no synergies, and with the crit damage stat focus

Definitely go for Gamora or Thor. Ms.M actually turned out to be the worst and Thor really surprised me!
    Good to know!!
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Does 7* Adam need dupe to do Necropolis? I still only have 5* Aegon and not sure the last place should be him…
    5* Aegon
    6* Proxima
    6* Heimdall
    7* Wiccan
    7* Adam?

Thanks.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,727 ★★★★★

Adam warlock is the worst champion from the gifted crystal. Totally not because I got Moondragon and Diablo out of mine 😩 I didn't want Adam Warlock anyway.

Diablo is top two pulls in that crystal imo
    SammyDe said:

Does 7* Adam need dupe to do Necropolis? I still only have 5* Aegon and not sure the last place should be him…
    5* Aegon
    6* Proxima
    6* Heimdall
    7* Wiccan
    7* Adam?

Thanks.

Nope, it’s just a nice bonus. The regen you get can keep you topped up and the stun is a nice pod bonus. He’s still extremely viable without it, he just won’t have some extra neat stuff. The 7* still beats the 6* even unduped imo because your challenger rating will be much higher

Adam warlock is the worst champion from the gifted crystal. Totally not because I got Moondragon and Diablo out of mine 😩 I didn't want Adam Warlock anyway.

Diablo is top two pulls in that crystal imo
    Diablo is slept on for sure. I wouldn’t say top 2 for me, but I know there are some big fans out there. He was my 3rd most wanted after Adam and Shocker
  • avengersunit24avengersunit24 Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2023
    I already had him as 6* r3 before getting his 7* so I have already tested him throughout all contents of the game, I agree that his damage is bonkers once he's ramped and the problem of him being to overly reliant on the Ai and whether or not they throw specials annoys a bit when you're starting to practice him.

while testing him in lol and rol, I noticed that his taunt worked overly fine and the AI's would tend to throw specials but when I tested him in other parts of the game in most cases the AI was always uncooperative and which forced me to either enter stasis pod or cash my in relic to not lose sovereignty.
    like in aq, aw, bgs and even eq

I feel like in matches where the ai is being uncooperative once ur able to get 20 sovereignty counter the match becomes at least a bit more maintainable cause of the sp1 stun.
    but i do hate how small is heavy reach is tho other than that hes a pretty strong champ and I was planning on r4ing my r3 prior before pulling the 7*
    I'm only gutted about pulling Adam because I'd taken Cosmic for the Abyss crystal in the hopes of getting Hulkling or Galan - and got offered neither, chose Adam since he was the next best...then got him in the 7* - wishing I'd taken sig levels on Herc instead :disappointed:

I already had him as 6* r3 before getting his 7* so I have already tested him throughout all contents of the game, I agree that his damage is bonkers once he's ramped and the problem of him being to overly reliant on the Ai and whether or not they throw specials annoys a bit when you're starting to practice him.

while testing him in lol and rol, I noticed that his taunt worked overly fine and the AI's would tend to throw specials but when I tested him in other parts of the game in most cases the AI was always uncooperative and which forced me to either enter stasis pod or cash my in relic to not lose sovereignty.
    like in aq, aw, bgs and even eq

I feel like in matches where the ai is being uncooperative once ur able to get 20 sovereignty counter the match becomes at least a bit more maintainable cause of the sp1 stun.
    but i do hate how small is heavy reach is tho other than that hes a pretty strong champ and I was planning on r4ing my r3 prior before pulling the 7*

Yeah the AI is wildly different every time. I never had any extensive practice with him in battlegrounds (I’ll have to do it once it comes back) but I never dropped my counter when testing him out in Necro. Honestly, the reason I’ve lost the counter the most was accidental parrying. It’s muscle memory and it sucks when it happens in a really good Adam fight
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
    Thanks @Emilia90 - great write up. I just pulled him yesterday - pretty excited since I didn’t even have him as a 6*. I’m definitely struggling with the same parry muscle memory issue - but those few times when I manage to avoid it I can just start to see some of his potential.

Contemplating R2 for him now… We’ll see.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Definitely go for Gamora or Thor. Ms.M actually turned out to be the worst and Thor really surprised me!

That just makes no sense… the Ms M relic is the best for him.