Comments

• FlareKingFlareKing Member Posts: 9
    No
    Sandman doesn’t suck he just doesn’t live up to the hype
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Yes
    FlareKing said:

Sandman doesn’t suck he just doesn’t live up to the hype

I have no idea why they would penalize him with the inability to deal more damage with his physical vul rotation and also give him a terrible block proficiency so he gets chipped down in any fight he takes. On top of that he has ZERO survivability, Shocker has a damn special autoblock safety net, he’s got nothing.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    No

There is no "huge damage" after being sig 200, it’s average damage at sig 200. Unawakened his damage is complete trash, terrible, unusable in battlegrounds since he would always time out no matter what.

Reversing healing isn’t a huge achievement. Especially when your sp1 takes 7 seconds from start to finish.

I never said it was a huge achievement, I listed it as an aspect of his available utility and ease of use.

I could have used better phrasing rather than "huge damage" but I meant it to be personal to him, that's why I said "his". Even awoken, the access to damage he has isn't game changing. It's barely character changing. It's nice to have, but it is the only thing locked behind his sig. Damage. Well, damage really isn't everything.

You're saying he's unusable in Battlegrounds and are talking about the length of his special, so clearly you have a predominant interest in a specific aspect of the game when you judge. So to you he sucks. That's fine and that's all the question is asking.

I am not saying he's amazing, just that (to me) he doesn't suck. Underwhelming? Yes. Disappointing? No, but predominantly because I don't place damage as my highest value. Suck? Absolutely not. In this specific context, it doesn't actually matter if another character can do it better. If Sandman were your only character, he'd get the job done in a lot of situations. His utility and versatility would make him usable in a lot of situations. That's why he doesn't suck.
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike are y’all happy with where he landed or will you guys continue looking into his performance?
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    No
    He isn't bad.. but Sandman deserves another look over for buff.. the leaked video from CCP show how good he was, then after tweaks to prevent him from becoming too OP, the release buff gimp the great buff into a mediocre buff. Did it make him better? yeah probably.

In all honesty, Sandman needs Gamora buff treatment, back to the drawing board until he is better than what he is now.. at least make him immune to root mechanic.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    No
    Rookiie said:

@Kabam Miike are y’all happy with where he landed or will you guys continue looking into his performance?

Kabam never stops looking at champions, that's pretty evident with how many times Maw, Gamora, Luke Cage* received buffs. Even more so with Hood. Even after a champion's rebalancing is done and announced, I'm pretty certain that Kabam doesn't just throw them back at us and wash their hands of it because now they have completely new data to process and compare against benchmarks, goals, etc...

I'd find it hard to believe that Sandman (and many others) aren't still being monitored. Does this mean Sandman will be changed again or we will get another update in a few months? Not impossible. But we shouldn't hold our breaths.

The update would be nice though. Not for all champions, I wouldn't expect a follow-up on champions who went through the rebalancing and had no changes made to them. I'm certain Kabam continues to read the data provided, but we don't need an update every three months or so to say: "Hey, yeah, Adam Warlock? Still no changes being planned!"

But for champions where changes have been made? That would be nice.
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Kabam never stops looking at champions,

Ever heard of DDHK?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,083 ★★★★★
    No
    Not completely but he's outshined by the rest of the 2023 science champs.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    Yes

i pulled moondragon and this wet noodle as a 7 star....wish i could say he is good
  • Mikes_momMikes_mom Member Posts: 136
    Yes
    Mikes_mom said:

No, he just needs a high Sig and an aggressive playstyle. Nine times out of 10 when people complain that the character sucks, it's usually because they just wanted another Hercules.

I just wanted one of the other 5 champs in the pull.
    My 2nd Gifted Paragon crystal

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,083 ★★★★★
    No
    @Mikes_mom well that’s actually a good pull because Sandman’s dupe offers him extra damage
  • Mikes_momMikes_mom Member Posts: 136
    Yes
    EdisonLaw said:

@Mikes_mom well that’s actually a good pull because Sandman’s dupe offers him extra damage

Tbh, I am enjoying questing with him. Treble immunity is rare & useful when running recoil, but he still needs high-max sig & that is just impossible for a new FTP Paragon like me. Also, he is my only dupe so I felt like Kabam are sticking it to me.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 364 ★★★
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

Pulled him from this ‘Gifted Guardian’ crystal. Stepped back from the game from June so had no idea what he does or where he landed until a hour ago. Reading comments and watching videos have gotten me feeling like that was an L.

So, what is the consensus on Sandman? Does he really suck?

From 0 to 10, I would give it a 5.
    I don't know if that means it's bad, I know that by reversing heal it's better than Void, but I like Void more.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    No
    He was really handy in this month’s EQ.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    No
    I duped the 7* so I took him to R2 and he’s been great! Even useful in BG this season as a defender