Reverse Control Champs and Necropolis GM

Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 338 ★★★
Once GM falls below 30%, controls are reversed. I have a hard time playing with reverse controls. The first path I did, I brought juggernaut and literally beat GM without doing missions, which took lots of revives. This time I brought wiccan but he was even worse since his damage is so low and of course he was taking degen damage…

Any tips/tricks for this phase?

Comments

• KingofENGKingofENG Member Posts: 135
    Persistence will gain improvement. The more you jump in the easier it will eventually get. Go with what you know works best and do what you can to give yourself the best possible chance(boost/heal or even rank or ascend)
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    I was so stupid and thought I have to do his stupid missions in phase-3 reverse control 🤓 wasted 5+ revives there till I got fed-up and started to punch him randomly only to notice Aegon doing massive damage to him anyway 😳

Finished him off then right away xD

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You can use reverse control immune like Juggernaut no issues. I used him for third and 4th phsse
  • AadhyVanAadhyVan Member Posts: 80
    Those champions only tackle the inverted controls of the fight. If you want a higher damage output, it's MANDATORY to do the challenges to push the GM into his wounded state. During the wounded state, your champion's attack and critical rating increases with the number of Tokens (Adequacy and Guile). Again, these tokens are awarded for each successful challenge. IMO, for reducing revive usage, brute forcing wouldn't be recommended.
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 338 ★★★
    AadhyVan said:

Those champions only tackle the inverted controls of the fight. If you want a higher damage output, it's MANDATORY to do the challenges to push the GM into his wounded state. During the wounded state, your champion's attack and critical rating increases with the number of Tokens (Adequacy and Guile). Again, these tokens are awarded for each successful challenge. IMO, for reducing revive usage, brute forcing wouldn't be recommended.

if i were able to do them, why would i open such a thread? :D
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    You really do want to do the missions; it will make a massive difference.

Remember that it is the direction of swipes only (not the left of screen becomes right i.e. attack becomes defense)

This means that blocks and light attacks are the same.
    This means you only have to remember to reverse dex for the sp1 and when you need to evade the projectiles as part of the challenges. During the normal flow of play, you don't really need to worry about dashing and dexing.

If he has less than one bar of power you can get away with a lot just by spamming light attacks.
    It allows you to light intercept him or take the single hit while you're unstoppable and then continue into a combo with massive furies while taking little damage.

Take it from someone that didn't use a reverse control in Phase 4.
    Corkscrew said:

Remember that it is the direction of swipes only (not the left of screen becomes right i.e. attack becomes defense)

This means you only have to remember to reverse dex for the sp1 and when you need to evade the projectiles as part of the challenges. During the normal flow of play, you don't really need to worry about dashing and dexing.

If he has less than one bar of power you can get away with a lot just by spamming light attacks.
    It allows you to light intercept him or take the single hit while you're unstoppable and then continue into a combo with massive furies while taking little damage.

GM also fills up his power bar little too fast. Sometimes even failing to throw his sp1 when i’m trying to bait him and then reverse controls. I wish there was a place to practice reverse controls.

I used a ramped up Aegon every time and he was able to do it in very few revives without doing GM's missions.

If I were to bring aegon, shuri and kate bishop; who would you pick as your latter two?

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,472 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    If you want to use someone reverse control immune then wiccan or juggernaut

Corkscrew said:

GM also fills up his power bar little too fast. Sometimes even failing to throw his sp1 when i’m trying to bait him and then reverse controls. I wish there was a place to practice reverse controls.
    In which case, you are going to have to swipe right to back off and create space. The upside is you're already in the mindset of swiping right to dex. I would just never bother dashing towards him - he's going to come at you anyway. The less swiping you do, the better it is.
  • HendrossHendross Member Posts: 956 ★★★
    Since Kabam has yet to resolve the (black panther) relic, physical vulnerability prompt overwriting the grandmaster commands.
    I've yet to get him into a wounded state, its been just plowing through with Aegon and Unit Man.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★
    Try practicing reverse control matchups on 6.3.1 medusa quest delerium path.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian

Corkscrew said:

Have you tried just rewiring how your brain works? Worked extremely well for me and I think I only made like 1 mistake with the reverse controls in phase 3. Permanent reverse controls are much easier to handle than temporary ones.

As for his power gain, if you use Chavez and get a heavy off, he gains almost no power. You can get the heavy off easiest off of a relic
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    If you bring in Moondragon you can use her charge to make Aegon immune to reversed controls. I haven't done Necropolis so I don't know if that's a viable option

Try practicing reverse control matchups on 6.3.1 medusa quest delerium path.

Completely forgot about this. Thanks!

If you bring in Moondragon you can use her charge to make Aegon immune to reversed controls. I haven't done Necropolis so I don't know if that's a viable option

Quite interesting so moondragon can make any champ reverse immune?
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I soloed with Wiccan, the only mission you should fail is the parry one since you're literally at 1 hp

Quite interesting so moondragon can make any champ reverse immune?
    No its weird it gets consumed after the first couple times
    Pikolu said:

Corkscrew said:

Have you tried just rewiring how your brain works? Worked extremely well for me and I think I only made like 1 mistake with the reverse controls in phase 3. Permanent reverse controls are much easier to handle than temporary ones.
    Sounds like rewiring isn't an option if they said they took a ton of revives and didn't get him to wounded state. More a case of working within the limitations.

I watched MSD do the phase 4 reverse controls when I realized I forgot the counter. It truly does mess with you, so I just reduced the number of things I had to think about. Stop swiping, just have the goal of getting one of your specials off per revive. It won't be pretty, but he will go down.

• ege999menege999men Member Posts: 323 ★★
    Does the damage on the reverse control counter matter? Can I go in with r3 6* juggs or even lower?
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 830 ★★★

I used a ramped up Aegon every time and he was able to do it in very few revives without doing GM's missions.

If I were to bring aegon, shuri and kate bishop; who would you pick as your latter two?

Heimdall and juggernaut
  • Wonderfulloser1948Wonderfulloser1948 Member Posts: 38
    I have questions guys,
    Is we need to do sp1,sp2, and sp3 in Grandmaster Last 1% phase in one run?

I have questions guys,

Nope it saves progress
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,944 ★★★★★

I have questions guys,

Any number of runs and can do them in any order
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,006 ★★★★★
    Ramped up Aegon did that phase in 2 or 3 revives. Grandmaster isn’t quick to throw his SP3 and you can do a lot of damage by ignoring the way the phase should be played and just going all in on trying getting damage in.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,006 ★★★★★

I have questions guys,

No and you can do them in any order. I did SP1, SP3 them SP2.
  • Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Member Posts: 51
    I’m terrible with reverse controls but aegon will get you through it. I tried Wiccan and he works but it’s super slow. I definitely recommend Wiccan for the final phase though as he makes it easy.
  • VotkuKetkuVotkuKetku Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2023
    ege999men said:

Does the damage on the reverse control counter matter? Can I go in with r3 6* juggs or even lower?

Yes, you can. The fun part of this boss is that the degen won't kill you.. ..and neither will his sp2. Your health will be ridiculously low and you'll need to intercept, but it's doable with any reverse immune.