**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Aegon worthy of r5 if I ‘only’ have two paths in Necropolis left?

OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
Only have the Jubilee and Odin path left. The first three paths I was very excited to spend as little revives as possible, playing super careful.

Noticed that I gotten a bit tired from doing this and path 4 was done by Aegon, i really want to become Valiant, mainly for the daily crystals. Don’t want to waste too much time anymore being paragon :)

Don’t feel like playing careful and just want to smash my way through. Is Aegon worthy of r5 to at least save me some units or will it make a super small difference.

Is Aegon worthy of r5 if I ‘only’ have two paths in Necropolis left? 90 votes

Yes
65%
LuciusVorenusphillgreenCupidLucky7LucianoHeattblasttRepto23Moosetiptronic10or_Strong_Sham_PandingoKlyph_1edricGreekhitItsClobberinTimePolygonGardoshJJBoy19JounaaPeeVedant_MehtaSparty6 59 votes
No
34%
GamerbenshbSIlverProfessorManup456ege999menSungjTheBroookZsirhcZdfmoore26IKONspiderbites0196Justcause102Mother_Flerkencaptain_rogersFilledPizzaSwarmOfRavensBeastDadXguard77MᗅՏᗅCRENogood22 31 votes

Comments

• Options

It’s taking people fewer revives with non-aegon teams so if you’re wanting to save units keep doing what you’re doing.

Yeah you are right, have been playing ‘surprisingly’ good and cheap so far. Just the feeling of two more paths.. haha. If it would be one left I don’t think I would have even considered it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    No
    I didn’t even have him for my initial run, no need.
  • Options
    FilledPizzaFilledPizza Posts: 119
    No
    Aegon runs are really expensive compared to other runs, better to do it with whatever champs you used for the other paths and use less resources
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Yes
    For the first 3 paths on the left side Kate works well, but for the bottom /right paths, Aegon is more convenient (most people that had Kate still used him for those paths). I couldn’t find any Kate streams on those paths unless it was from top end players like MSD, Bero etc
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    Yes
    My vote is simply due to the below.
    Omedenn said:

Don’t feel like playing careful and just want to smash my way through.

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Yes

Ashacekar said:

I have r5ed and ascended aegon without doing any paths in Necro so... why not

Get’cha ass in there and bring us some deaths. Time to be a team player!
    I do have some contribution though with the only incomplete run i did. Prob: 40+ deaths
    Ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352526/my-first-necropolis-run#latest
  • Options
    Yes
    Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

For the first 3 paths on the left side Kate works well, but for the bottom /right paths, Aegon is more convenient (most people that had Kate still used him for those paths). I couldn’t find any Kate streams on those paths unless it was from top end players like MSD, Bero etc

Pretty sure that Kate can solo a lot of the bottom path too
    Yeah there’s probably some fights she can work on like iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker

But it makes you wonder, why did every streamer that was skilled with Kate and used her initially end up switching to using Aegon for those last 3 paths on the bottom
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

I have r5ed and ascended aegon without doing any paths in Necro so... why not

Get’cha ass in there and bring us some deaths. Time to be a team player!
    I do have some contribution though with the only incomplete run i did. Prob: 40+ deaths
    Ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352526/my-first-necropolis-run#latest
    Ahh, I do remember seeing your initial post about that. Well, good on you for trying as far as you could go 😎
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Yeah there’s probably some fights she can work on like iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker

But it makes you wonder, why did every streamer that was skilled with Kate and used her initially end up switching to using Aegon for those last 3 paths on the bottom
    Aegon is just the less stressful but more costly option, whereas Kate cost way less revives but requires way more concentration/skill. She did just fine for me on the bottom paths when i was still exploring
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yes
    Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Aegon is just the less stressful but more costly option, whereas Kate cost way less revives but requires way more concentration/skill. She did just fine for me on the bottom paths when i was still exploring
    How much more skill does she need for the bottom paths compared to like the Titania lane?

Someone thats a celestial BGs player told me it isnt worth running Kate for the bottom paths unless you’re very skilled with her. I managed to get a solo on a good amount of fights path 1 like titania, OS, cap iw, air walker, captain sam. cap britain could’ve been a solo but made a mistake.

I know he could’ve been wrong but the reason I ended up taking his word is because I can’t find any streams using Kate for those 3 paths, and you know somethings off when the only one putting vids of Kate fights on those paths is someone like MSD lol

Also I’ve seen people on the forums that used Kate for the 3 left paths say they ranked Aegon just for the bottom ones like @Aomine_Daiki10
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    No
    Y'all are getting it wrong here.
    Kate brute force is absolutely possible, and is still less costly than aegon brute force.
    Don't go with the mindset of all or nothing with kate, you can still chip down damage in most matches.
  • Options
    Yeah thank you guys for the replies! Just finished my 5th run. Odin path, could ramp up Aegon to 999 fairly easily on that Odin fight. Than used him for more fights than planned. No motivation to play it safe anymore just watching a movie and smashing my way through the lanes.

Anyway, thanks again and I’ll prepare myself mentally for the last run. Jubilee path :)
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Yes
    A r5 won't make that big of a difference in BG, but a r5 boosted Aegon will on necropolis
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

How much more skill does she need for the bottom paths compared to like the Titania lane?

Someone thats a celestial BGs player told me it isnt worth running Kate for the bottom paths unless you’re very skilled with her. I managed to get a solo on a good amount of fights path 1 like titania, OS, cap iw, air walker, captain sam. cap britain could’ve been a solo but made a mistake.

I know he could’ve been wrong but the reason I ended up taking his word is because I can’t find any streams using Kate for those 3 paths, and you know somethings off when the only one putting vids of Kate fights on those paths is someone like MSD lol

Also I’ve seen people on the forums that used Kate for the 3 left paths say they ranked Aegon just for the bottom ones like @Aomine_Daiki10
    I'd say you'll need a lot of more skill, its kind of hard to go into specifics but if you have a certain fight youre worried about i can give advice
  • Options
    Yes
    Omedenn said:

Yeah thank you guys for the replies! Just finished my 5th run. Odin path, could ramp up Aegon to 999 fairly easily on that Odin fight. Than used him for more fights than planned. No motivation to play it safe anymore just watching a movie and smashing my way through the lanes.

Anyway, thanks again and I’ll prepare myself mentally for the last run. Jubilee path :)

How bad was it compared to the Roblin path? Any annoying /problem fights?

Are the reverse controls that bad? Alliance mate told me if you dash in fast enough you can ignore the reverse control. Or if you use your relic too to play out the timer

I’m planning on turning suicides after i hit 999
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Omedenn said:

Are the reverse controls that bad? Alliance mate told me if you dash in fast enough you can ignore the reverse control. Or if you use your relic too to play out the timer

I didn’t find it to be too bad. Honestly this path combined with GM Phase 3 and Cap Britain and I’m starting to feel like I can do reverse controls.

Basically the reverse controls starts about a second after the special finishes, and lasts as long as roughly two five hit cycles. So, you can dash in with ‘normal’ controls and get a few hits in, but if you do an MLLLM combo the last M will pull you back out. So, either do an MLLLL or do a reverse swipe on the last M of your MLLLM combo.

The only fight I found it to be really challenging on this was Odin as his heavy’s give him and you unstoppable/unblockable/etc - if that came up while I was under reverse controls I occasionally had issues remembering to swipe forward to get out of the way and keep my combo.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Omedenn said:

Wasn’t too bad I would say! It’s just getting used to it and it happens after every special attack from the defender, so you can first safely dex the special attack and only than the reversed control starts. So it doesn’t come as a surprise. And you can also just parry while reversed controls are on, gives you time to think before swiping again and makes the timer go down.

True, if you dash in directly after their special attack you ‘ignore’ the first second, but it really isn’t that hard. Wasn’t looking forward to it, but i like this so much more than a chance to evade for example.

No roadblocks, if you want you can fully Aegon it, future antman was annoying. And the Spider-Man supreme fight I don’t particularly like.
  • Options
    Yes
    Good suggestions also since Aegon can be ramped early in the fights you can just spam LLLL after getting the initial medium in since Aegon will be unstoppable.