**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

revive farming nerf timing -- has it happened?

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
Like many, to reduce the cost of exploring Necropolis, I am spending excess energy farming revives, mostly on 5.3.6.

I know several weeks ago that it has been stated that due to the fact 7 star r2s can autofight 5.3.6, that it is going to have to be nerfed. I can't find the exact quote (I think it was on a stream), but vaguely remember hearing "next year".

anyway... after completing my 4th run, getting an average of maybe 2 revives 10% of the time, 1 revive 50%, and independently a full revive about 70% of the time (which I had so many refills I wouldn't always bother to get if there was a revive and it was too far away).. I've noticed that starting around Saturday evening, the full energy refills all but disappeared, and I haven't seen one now in 15+runs. Additionally, I'd say the revive % is down to about 20-25%.

I begrudgingly understand the need, and in fact thank Kabam for the idea of trying autofighting (I didn't realize that most of the paths had the class disadvantage taken away when 5.3.6 was nerfed, and that even 6 star champs could easily autofight it... and very much took the warning as "get the revives while you can.

I was anticipating having at least until the January release in about 9 days to continue autofighting, or until the Jan 15 "kill event" is completed, and certainly before any kind of "February love event" when revives are often sold... but if that was just a bad assumption, and that time has come to pass, would just like some kind of confirmation / transparency.

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★
    edited January 1
    I would farm 5.4.6. I did 5.3.6 for my first two necro runs, and then found that 5.4.6 is way better.

Jax said they would be nerfing it in early January. I'll see if I can find his exact quote. However, I would think that the January update would be more realistic. Anyways, I would just keep farming revives until none show up, and then do my nerco run(s) if I were you.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    They are going to tell us.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★
    I don’t think it’s nerfed yet but my RNG has been trash lately
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Just do 5.4.6
    You gety atleast one every alternative runs
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 77
    edited January 1
    I don’t think it’s happened but I’m suspecting that kabam quest AI triggers overplaying a quest and then reduces the items on paths to deter repeating that quest because I’ve farmed 60+ revives and done 2 path of necropolis and I’m starting to see diminishing returns on farming. At first I could get 2 revives/ refill. Now my rate is 1 revive per refill. It’s frustrating that they aren’t giving us the exact day they’re nerfing it. It’s not transparent enough.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

I'm suspecting that kabam quest AI triggers overplaying a quest and then reduces the items on paths to deter repeating that quest

This is just not true
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    All I'll say is this... I started this thread...

And then RNG got more or less back to normal. Maybe someone read it and reset things back... or maybe things are just averaging out... who knows.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    I just completed necropolis, so I thought I would farm again. 0 for the first 5! Then it was back to normal.

RNG
  • Options

All I'll say is this... I started this thread...

And then RNG got more or less back to normal. Maybe someone read it and reset things back... or maybe things are just averaging out... who knows.

Come on, dude lmao