**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

F2P Paragon Speedrun Record Attempt

Comments

• Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 194 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

So I believe I now hold the world record for fastest f2p paragon push, previously held by Nagase on 23 days.

I can’t officially confirm that, but I do not believe the devs are aware of a faster run, as there was some discussion about whether it was possible or not. My money was on you, by the way.
    Oooo interesting.
    Am I able to get some more info on this run (aka how long it took) or does it have to be kept secret cause of security reasons?
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    Now valiant speedrun
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Woohooo my boii did it.
    Now push for necropolis and valiant speedrun, jk.
  • Options
    Sarah245 said:

Now valiant speedrun

A valiant Speedrun is tempting as it is the next progression level, but I wouldn’t attempt it until 8.4 is released.
    Realistically, 100% necro would either be very dependent on getting aegon, Kate bishop or shuri, or would cost an insane amount of units.
    When 8.4 is released and act 8 exploration has a 7 star 2-3 gem, I will probably attempt it as I then only have to do 1 necro path.
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Sarah245 said:

Now valiant speedrun

A valiant Speedrun is tempting as it is the next progression level, but I wouldn’t attempt it until 8.4 is released.
    Realistically, 100% necro would either be very dependent on getting aegon, Kate bishop or shuri, or would cost an insane amount of units.
    When 8.4 is released and act 8 exploration has a 7 star 2-3 gem, I will probably attempt it as I then only have to do 1 necro path.
    Then the best is shut this down account until that day, and pushing for valiant in maybe 5-6 more days (depends on how much unit you have for necro)
  • Options

Cantona59 said:

Sarah245 said:

Now valiant speedrun

Then the best is shut this down account until that day, and pushing for valiant in maybe 5-6 more days (depends on how much unit you have for necro)
    Yeah valiant Speedrun would change the ball game a bit.
    Depending on what @DNA3000 gets back with about this other paragon Speedrun that was faster, I might end up creating a whole new account to go for valiant, but try and snag the paragon record at the same time.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited January 11
    Cantona59 said:

DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

So I believe I now hold the world record for fastest f2p paragon push, previously held by Nagase on 23 days.

I can’t officially confirm that, but I do not believe the devs are aware of a faster run, as there was some discussion about whether it was possible or not. My money was on you, by the way.
    Oooo interesting.
    Am I able to get some more info on this run (aka how long it took) or does it have to be kept secret cause of security reasons?
    Cantona59 said:

Depending on what @DNA3000 gets back with about this other paragon Speedrun that was faster

If I understand it correctly, @DNA3000 does NOT believe the devs are aware of a faster run…
  • Options
    Oh my word I cannot read 😂.
    For some reason I read it as “the devs are aware of a faster run” which is not what he put.
    Ok phew, I was a bit confused at how someone had done it faster but that doesn’t matter now.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★
    Incredible job! I’ve been following this post from the beginning. Truly incredible. Great, great job man.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
    Absolutely insane skills and games knowledge. Well done!!
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    This is crazy, kudos, hopefully kabam acknowledges this
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Looking through this, champ RNG plays such a huge role in speed.

You could have easily pulled Iron Patriot, OG Cap and Winter Soldier instead of Fantman, Overseer and Stealthy. That would have added so much more time.

On the other hand, you could have pulled Herc, Nimrod and Doom and possibly gone quicker.
  • Options

You could have easily pulled Iron Patriot, OG Cap and Winter Soldier instead of Fantman, Overseer and Stealthy. That would have added so much more time.

On the other hand, you could have pulled Herc, Nimrod and Doom and possibly gone quicker.

Not much.
    Yes iron patriot or cap og has no use , but even if op got mid champs like squirrel girl, cap sam or she hulk, he can manage to achieve this because, most champs can tackle something a provide a value in the game.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Not much.
    Yes iron patriot or cap og has no use , but even if op got mid champs like squirrel girl, cap sam or she hulk, he can manage to achieve this because, most champs can tackle something a provide a value in the game.
    Disagree. There are some bosses that need counters that those bad champs couldn't take. Also, having to use more items/units to get tough content due to bad champs would also slow him down.
  • Options

Not much.
    Disagree. There are some bosses that need counters that those bad champs couldn't take. Also, having to use more items/units to get tough content due to bad champs would also slow him down.
    I ain't talking about bad champs, I'm talking about the mid ones. You see, a tough boss has 10 counters, two of them are already great rankups like doom or abs man, others, let's say soc supreme, works well but most don't have her rankedup or doesn't know how to use her. But op stated he has good knowledge bout game, so he can make use of most champs.

You're talking about meme tier champs, they are different, yes groot or iron patriot isn't going to clear anything. But mid and underrated champs like ikarus or doc oct works for experienced players.

I agree, luck plays a important role, but even the unlucky can do this speedrun cuz, 6*s are very common + experienced players can play with mid tier champs as well.

But yeah, if you're unlucky enough to pull groot and iron patriot again and again ( I had a friend whose first 3 6*s are cyclops red and dupe), you can forget about these speedruns.
  • Options
    While I agree that you need some luck to get specific boss counters, at the same time there is a very high chance you get at least 1 of them.

For example my account ended with around 20-25 6 star champs and probably 40 5 stars, so if I didn’t get a single counter for certain bosses, I would be pretty surprised.
  • Options
    Also between now and a possible valiant Speedrun when 8.4 releases, I would like to do 1 or 2 other challenges, as they are one of the most enjoyable things for me in this game.

If anyone has a good idea for a challenge, please lmk in this thread.
    Could be something along the lines of “get (progression title) in x days” or something else that you would be interested in seeing me attempt
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian

Cantona59 said:

Depending on what @DNA3000 gets back with about this other paragon Speedrun that was faster

If I understand it correctly, @DNA3000 does NOT believe the devs are aware of a faster run…
    That's correct. I'm saying as far as I'm aware, you're the fastest Cantona.

I say that because while I'm not the authority on speed runs, I discussed your past runs with the devs (due to the whole ban oopsie thing) and discussed this one with them specifically when you announced this one so they could watch it. During that discussion, there was some question about whether your run was even possible, and there was some doubt about the particulars lining up in the right way to make it possible.

If the people who monitor such things is unsure if your run is even possible, that suggests no one has done it anywhere near as fast before. So I believe absent some evidence to the contrary, you're the unofficial Speed King to Paragon as of now.
  • Options

mid champs like squirrel girl

😢
    Sorry, I personally like her tho.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

That's correct. I'm saying as far as I'm aware, you're the fastest Cantona.

I say that because while I'm not the authority on speed runs, I discussed your past runs with the devs (due to the whole ban oopsie thing) and discussed this one with them specifically when you announced this one so they could watch it. During that discussion, there was some question about whether your run was even possible, and there was some doubt about the particulars lining up in the right way to make it possible.

If the people who monitor such things is unsure if your run is even possible, that suggests no one has done it anywhere near as fast before. So I believe absent some evidence to the contrary, you're the unofficial Speed King to Paragon as of now.
    Wow
    You know you did a thing when you have devs discussing if it was possible 😅.
    I do get why it seems a bit ridiculous though, tbh if you said to me 2 weeks ago that somebody got paragon in 9 days I would have questioned it.
  • Options
    So @Cantona59 , which fight was the most difficult/spent most of your units on? Or the fight which sucked out all your energy or even made you thinking about giving up?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

Holros said:

Tbh what I would want to happen is just Kabam acknowledge this is possible and change their banning system for new accounts based on this.
    For those who don’t know the backstory, I had 2 separate challenges accounts like this banned either midway through the run, or after the run. By documenting what I did in a thread like this, I was able to get help from DNA as he was able to go to Kabam devs with evidence that I hadn’t cheated. They was able to unban my second account because of that, and I found out the ban was cause of a system that monitors new accounts progression.
    I know that other people have probably had a situation like that, but not been able to be unbanned because Kabam support will just keep feeding an automated response, and there is nobody else to turn to, so if this account leads to the system changing, and honest summoners avoiding incorrect bans, that’s a W imo.
    I am not privy to the specifics, but I can tell you your speed runs have prompted the devs to review and revise their anti-cheat detection mechanisms. So players do have you to thank for that. I mean, it will be just a handful of lunatics that get anywhere close to this kind of achievement, but they will have you to thank all the same.
    This is a great success then overall.
    Let the lunatics come for the record, if they snag it then I will try and take it straight back 😂
  • Options

So @Cantona59 , which fight was the most difficult/spent most of your units on? Or the fight which sucked out all your energy or even made you thinking about giving up?

I would probably have to say that superior Kang beat me around the most.
    I do think I was having a few device/input issues (idk which) but when it got past phase 1 and certain abilities had the speed up/speed down stuff, I was really struggling to dex them.

There was also 1 path in 8.3 exploration that was just ridiculously long because I was using a r1 6 star venom for the whole path 😅. It was the cosmic path in 8.3.5, and it took me probably nearly an hour for that path alone.

(Also I’ve just remembered I didn’t upload the final path from 8.3 to YouTube I’ll quickly do that incase anyone wants to take a look)
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Wow
    You know you did a thing when you have devs discussing if it was possible 😅.
    I do get why it seems a bit ridiculous though, tbh if you said to me 2 weeks ago that somebody got paragon in 9 days I would have questioned it.

If...only if someone suspect of your amazing speed run on Acts 1-8.3, show them the screens with date you should have taken. Or the main screen with actual menus.

Of course, someone doing their game in 9 days ,Kabam may get scaried and analyze🤣
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

Holros said:

Tbh what I would want to happen is just Kabam acknowledge this is possible and change their banning system for new accounts based on this.
    For those who don’t know the backstory, I had 2 separate challenges accounts like this banned either midway through the run, or after the run. By documenting what I did in a thread like this, I was able to get help from DNA as he was able to go to Kabam devs with evidence that I hadn’t cheated. They was able to unban my second account because of that, and I found out the ban was cause of a system that monitors new accounts progression.
    I know that other people have probably had a situation like that, but not been able to be unbanned because Kabam support will just keep feeding an automated response, and there is nobody else to turn to, so if this account leads to the system changing, and honest summoners avoiding incorrect bans, that’s a W imo.
    I am not privy to the specifics, but I can tell you your speed runs have prompted the devs to review and revise their anti-cheat detection mechanisms. So players do have you to thank for that. I mean, it will be just a handful of lunatics that get anywhere close to this kind of achievement, but they will have you to thank all the same.
    This is a great success then overall.
    The fact that they haven't banned you and the next three generations of your progeny for this achievement is another plus.
    I am very happy that the account hasn’t been banned. Honestly the worse case scenario was I go to login mid Speedrun and the ban screen comes up and delays the whole thing.