Any update on relic releases?

jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
I haven't seen any official news on the timeframe for new relics since the official August announcement. Has there been any update on when (or whether) Kabam will be releasing new relics?

Like a lot of folks, I have been holding onto shards for low-star relics because I already have nearly all of them duped, and it's much more valuable for me to get more relics than to re-dupe the ones I have. But I don't want to hold onto them forever if there's no point. So I'm hoping for an update!

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,261 ★★★★★
    They spoke about it on stream and are not ready to share information on it yet
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    Cool, thanks for the info! Hopefully they'll be able to share information soon.
    jdschw said:

iirc they mentioned they had something interesting with them cooking but i don't remember exactly what it was. Only that they didn't want to reveal anything yet
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,281 ★★★★
    @ahmynuts did they use the word cooking? Could be venompool...
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

jdschw said:

iirc they mentioned they had something interesting with them cooking but i don't remember exactly what it was. Only that they didn't want to reveal anything yet
    Seems like whatever they decide, will be weirdly received, regardless.

If they drastically change the whole Relic system, players who use and love the current system are gonna be mad. Especially if they have already invested by ranking some relics.

If they introduce new Relics with completely different mechanic types but leave the earlier released relics intact, then players who have been opening Relic crystals instead of hoarding, are gonna be mad.

If they simply introduce new Relics with similar but slightly different effects, then players of both the two prior buckets are gonna be mad, plus players will be confused as to why it was paused at all for such a small change.
    edited January 2

@ahmynuts did they use the word cooking? Could be venompool...

No i don't think they did. It was definitely a more official pr term and not the actual word cooking lol. Though a venompool relic kinda would slap.

I'm guessing they're going to start making non-striker relics that you can equip to add different abilities but we barely have any battlecasts so idk how people would receive that like Altavista said above
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    altavista said:

ahmynuts said:

jdschw said:

Seems like whatever they decide, will be weirdly received, regardless.

If they drastically change the whole Relic system, players who use and love the current system are gonna be mad. Especially if they have already invested by ranking some relics.

If they introduce new Relics with completely different mechanic types but leave the earlier released relics intact, then players who have been opening Relic crystals instead of hoarding, are gonna be mad.

If they simply introduce new Relics with similar but slightly different effects, then players of both the two prior buckets are gonna be mad, plus players will be confused as to why it was paused at all for such a small change.
    so Kabam can never make you happy? I’d be happy if they improved the relic’s effects on heroes and relaxed the requirement for applying a relic to certain hero.