**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

To Kate or not to Kate

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,231 ★★★★★
I saw a similar post about this yesterday, but I had a couple questions for some of the more experienced players before I tackle the bottom half of necropolis. I’ve been thinking about building a team with both Kate and Aegon (with Chavez, Juggs, and Guilly) to tackle path 4 but bringing both doesn’t leave me much room for options for Knull/a better counter for spidey supreme

I’m fairly confident in my Kate skills and I’ve watched a ton of videos, so I was thinking I’d ramp Aegon on the first fight and then use kate on the fights that I’m more comfortable with. I was thinking I’d be able to take Ibom, Claire, Sunspot, Sandman, QS and a couple others with Kate and do the problem fights like Spidey 2099, spot, and Future ant man with Aegon

So just a couple questions (if anyone can answer any one of them, I’d really appreciate it:))

1. Is Aegon still worth running with no suicides?
2. Is it worth bringing both, or will it be cheaper to bring a team around one? I was thinking that I could potentially solo some of the Kate fights above which would save me revives in the long run, and use Aegon for the fights I’d have trouble with. I’m fine with spending a little to ramp him if he’ll make my life easier
3. What’s the strategy with Aegon?

Comments

  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,922 Guardian
    Ægon is a great spidey counter because you just hit his block and gain furies.

    In my opinion, I'd bring just Kate since the fights you can use Ægon for, you can do easily with Kate.

    The path I'd recommend bringing Ægon for is the stryfe path because the trap node sucks, stryfe sucks, and it really isn't a good time. Also if you have Wiccan, he handles the knull pretty well. Chavez can beat galan fairly easily too.

    Gamora also beats spidey supreme and shocker pretty easily.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,231 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

    Ægon is a great spidey counter because you just hit his block and gain furies.

    In my opinion, I'd bring just Kate since the fights you can use Ægon for, you can do easily with Kate.

    The path I'd recommend bringing Ægon for is the stryfe path because the trap node sucks, stryfe sucks, and it really isn't a good time. Also if you have Wiccan, he handles the knull pretty well. Chavez can beat galan fairly easily too.

    Gamora also beats spidey supreme and shocker pretty easily.

    I don’t have Wiccan, but Chavez will be r2 as a 7* by the time I run it so I was thinking that I’d potentially use her for both Knull and Galan

    Thanks for the tips! I do have gamora and Vox which should be good for shocker/spidey, so I’ll bring one of them along if it makes the fights easier.

    I’ll rank Aegon for the Stryfe path and Kate the rest. I’m still a little worried about Silver Centurion and FAM with her, though I know it’s possible to do. I’m still confident that Kate can handle like 90% of the paths well, I’m just worried about some of those fights that are sprinkled in that might be a rev sink with her
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,922 Guardian
    Emilia90 said:

    Pikolu said:

    Ægon is a great spidey counter because you just hit his block and gain furies.

    In my opinion, I'd bring just Kate since the fights you can use Ægon for, you can do easily with Kate.

    The path I'd recommend bringing Ægon for is the stryfe path because the trap node sucks, stryfe sucks, and it really isn't a good time. Also if you have Wiccan, he handles the knull pretty well. Chavez can beat galan fairly easily too.

    Gamora also beats spidey supreme and shocker pretty easily.

    I don’t have Wiccan, but Chavez will be r2 as a 7* by the time I run it so I was thinking that I’d potentially use her for both Knull and Galan

    Thanks for the tips! I do have gamora and Vox which should be good for shocker/spidey, so I’ll bring one of them along if it makes the fights easier.

    I’ll rank Aegon for the Stryfe path and Kate the rest. I’m still a little worried about Silver Centurion and FAM with her, though I know it’s possible to do. I’m still confident that Kate can handle like 90% of the paths well, I’m just worried about some of those fights that are sprinkled in that might be a rev sink with her
    I'm pretty sure I used gamora for fantman, but I had a lot of fun doing silver centurion with Kate. It is a difficult fight, but not impossible (unless you have his first special after locked on be the sp2). G99 still wrecks silver centurion though
  • Options
    SiggManSiggMan Posts: 26
    Emilia90 said:

    I saw a similar post about this yesterday, but I had a couple questions for some of the more experienced players before I tackle the bottom half of necropolis. I’ve been thinking about building a team with both Kate and Aegon (with Chavez, Juggs, and Guilly) to tackle path 4 but bringing both doesn’t leave me much room for options for Knull/a better counter for spidey supreme

    I’m fairly confident in my Kate skills and I’ve watched a ton of videos, so I was thinking I’d ramp Aegon on the first fight and then use kate on the fights that I’m more comfortable with. I was thinking I’d be able to take Ibom, Claire, Sunspot, Sandman, QS and a couple others with Kate and do the problem fights like Spidey 2099, spot, and Future ant man with Aegon

    So just a couple questions (if anyone can answer any one of them, I’d really appreciate it:))

    1. Is Aegon still worth running with no suicides?
    2. Is it worth bringing both, or will it be cheaper to bring a team around one? I was thinking that I could potentially solo some of the Kate fights above which would save me revives in the long run, and use Aegon for the fights I’d have trouble with. I’m fine with spending a little to ramp him if he’ll make my life easier
    3. What’s the strategy with Aegon?

    I just aegoned it, only 2 fights I found were super painful, stryfe and silver centurion. I didn't use the recoil/ outchy masteries but I did max out on the furry masteries. With the silver centurion I sp3ed, got as much power as I could and spammed lights, the ai would let me throw 2-5 extra sp3s, sometimes hit me to get big furries. I managed to brute force it quite cheaply all things considered. I did the red goblin and odin path in 70 revives together, the jubilee path took about 40-50 revives, mostly on ramp and Stryfe.

    But stryfe...... Was not fun.... you hit him, he glances, you didn't finish your combo since he glanced, so you make him untouchable, then repeat, it was by far the most expensive fight for me. Bringing ht or kate to counter this fight is a great option, kate will work well with the tracking to just ignore everything imo. HT also can work here and diablo.

    Aegon counters knull somewhat well if you ramp him, you've just got to be somewhat confident in reverse controls.

    Spidey sucks, but aegon is one of the better options. It just takes a while no matter what you do.

    Fanta man isn't that bad as long as you know how his kit works. E.g.... go for intercepts and try not to end your combo when he's in surging swarm. He can suck, but aegons damage is just so insane you can easily do 20-40% of his health in a single revive.

    On the jubilee path there are 3 fights you need to plan around, stryfe, diablo and galan, bringing wiccan (also for the last phase of gm) is what I did here, he worked great and saved me a lot of revives. I brought my 7* sandman because, SANDMAN, but brining ht for diablo and stryfe would have been smarter. With diablo, it can be really hard to keep track of the icons as it moves around so much, but its perfectly doable with a lot of champs, I've seen aegon used here as well.

    I'd personally pick a champ route and go down that, either kate and bring counters for the fights she can't do, or go super soldier with aegon and send it with him. After all, you'll be the one doing the fights.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,797 ★★★★★
    Id just go with kate, plus juggs is already a great counter for mystic spidey as he gains buffs with each hit. I recommend bring in abs man instead of Aegon for Knull, as my r4 one cooked him. Kate can do Spot just fine if you mange to keep the tracking on(also the tranquilize so he doesnt place ruptures). She can also take spidey 2099 with the caltrops damage plus the reduced coldsnap damage as a little boost. Lastly she can also take FAM too although he can get a bit tricky, you can also use chaves since he gains lots of buffs. I personally just used Kate since i only had a 6 star r1 chavez at the time and it took me 4 revives
Sign In or Register to comment.