Options

Maybe a solution for block people abbuse on forums at Weekends/Hollidays

peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,394 ★★★
Some users just open topics with matters not related to McoC or "goodbye ones" with the feeling nothing will happen.

As, Kabam guys are in a real game called Life, these users simply forgot and post here to irritate a lot of others, causing trolling and flame war.

The forums are inclusive as pointed Pikolu once and someone from Kabam agreed. But here is a space to share game info, ask if a champ/team is good or no, to ask for tips on a quest, and of course complain about game related things(BG, Iso, Revives...)

So, explained the situation let me say some solutions...

Weekends/Holidays
Auto=Forum restrict one topic per day to all users or 24 hours after last one
- Some sensitive words like suic.... You know that an user posted this night on a topic may be censored and if possible the related topic is sent to approval.

Now, the second solution...

If nobody from Kabam, only if... can't be at Forums these days, maybe some of best users here could agree to Mod with only the possibility to delete abbusive posts or even comments.
Of course the ban hammer may be only used by Kabam guys after they return.

I will post 3 names here ,they are the guys with better answers overall and if they don't agree, sorry, but I see they are around here with some frequency.
Pikolu, MrSakuragi, DNA3000

Just posting this to help for better forums

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I feel like the easiest option is just a report button that takes down a post at 20 reports or some arbitrary number. Would filter stuff significantly easier
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 741 ★★★★
    I remember use to have a button to "Ignore" forum members. Which seem to have been removed

Also, on the profile these along the how many Insightful, Disagree, Agree, ect, there are also Spam and Abuse. So I assume there use to be option for these and reporting too.

Now I can't seem to even find an option to report, not to say I want to report anyone, just that option doesn't even seem to be there.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    Report buttons are on most forums I regular but for some reason not here.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,517 ★★★
    Fryday said:

I remember use to have a button to "Ignore" forum members. Which seem to have been removed

Also, on the profile these along the how many Insightful, Disagree, Agree, ect, there are also Spam and Abuse. So I assume there use to be option for these and reporting too.

Now I can't seem to even find an option to report, not to say I want to report anyone, just that option doesn't even seem to be there.

Oh yh I think you are right. I'm guessing though that if you get enough abuses kabam will check what you have written and make a decision based on that, rather than going through every report that gets sent to them when someone doesn't agree with someone else. Could someone like @Pikolu shed some light on this and correct me if I'm wrong
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,815 Guardian

Fryday said:

Oh yh I think you are right. I'm guessing though that if you get enough abuses kabam will check what you have written and make a decision based on that, rather than going through every report that gets sent to them when someone doesn't agree with someone else. Could someone like Pikolu shed some light on this and correct me if I'm wrong
    How kabam moderates abuse reports, I don't know. I just typically tell them, hey this person has been doing X and they handle it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,305 ★★★★★

Report buttons are on most forums I regular but for some reason not here.

They used to be. It was disabled and replaced with the Disagree function because people spammed it to troll opinions they didn't agree with or people they didn't like.
  • Options
    Which led to backing up the review load the Mods had.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 455 ★★★
    I just wanna say, don’t forget about the entertainment value. Some stuff is just priceless!
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,079 ★★★★

Odachi said:

The ignore button only works if you go to that players profile then from there you can select to ignore them. It still shows you if they have posted, however.

Why ya ignored me tho😢
    You're my example of someone who isn't ignored compared to the other two, thats why I can see your post.

It's like noise cancelling headphones on an airplane when you are sat near a baby.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,257 ★★★★★

Odachi said:

The ignore button only works if you go to that players profile then from there you can select to ignore them. It still shows you if they have posted, however.

Why ya ignored me tho😢
    Probably just to show what it looks like. But I dunno.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I feel like the easiest option is just a report button that takes down a post at 20 reports or some arbitrary number. Would filter stuff significantly easier

Ahmynuts and I would be disappeared...
  • Options
    There's also a difference between someone posting abusive Threads, and someone we don't agree with or don't like.
    Very few really abusive cases have I seen over the years.
    There are Threads that become personal and go south, and that definitely falls under that category, but I think it needs to be said that it's a public forum on the Internet. People are going to get on your nerves. They're going to post things that you don't agree with and that annoy you. That doesn't make it an abusive misuse of the Forum.
  • Options

There's also a difference between someone posting abusive Threads, and someone we don't agree with or don't like.
    There are Threads that become personal and go south, and that definitely falls under that category, but I think it needs to be said that it's a public forum on the Internet. People are going to get on your nerves. They're going to post things that you don't agree with and that annoy you. That doesn't make it an abusive misuse of the Forum.

Thanks for you and all others replying to this with suggestions.

But, Grounded Wisdom, about what I said on the 1st post ,I don't know if you saw, this new guy posted some topic that has sensitive words inside....

It's somewhat dangerous to read someone saying he was about to commit *you-know-what*

So, only in cases like this , some action would be necessary by some weekend moderators. And if someone post topics one after other...

Or in other drastic situations.
  • Options

Thanks for you and all others replying to this with suggestions.

But, Grounded Wisdom, about what I said on the 1st post ,I don't know if you saw, this new guy posted some topic that has sensitive words inside....

It's somewhat dangerous to read someone saying he was about to commit *you-know-what*

So, only in cases like this , some action would be necessary by some weekend moderators. And if someone post topics one after other...

Or in other drastic situations.
    Well, yes. I agree that there are situations which need to be shut down. I'm just not sure what their current staffing situation is. I think it becomes problematic when you're talking about allowing Guardians to ban Members.
    To be clear, I don't feel any of the current Guardians would abuse that. I just think it blurs the lines of responsibilities. Guardians are not actually employees.
  • Options

Well, yes. I agree that there are situations which need to be shut down. I'm just not sure what their current staffing situation is. I think it becomes problematic when you're talking about allowing Guardians to ban Members.
    To be clear, I don't feel any of the current Guardians would abuse that. I just think it blurs the lines of responsibilities. Guardians are not actually employees.

Maybe you've missed this part near the end of my first post=
    "Of course the ban hammer may be only used by Kabam guys after they return."
    👍