Options

Raids: Am I the only one thinking bout this?

PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 967 ★★★★
edited January 17 in General Discussion
Ok so the raid team has 10 members, 9 of which lead the charge and the last one is a backup if things go south.
As far as I'm aware we're locked with the champ we once enter for the ENTIRE week and we have to get in the first day or we're locked out.
Suppose I'm a BACKUP VANGUARD . And one of the assault guys just keeps screwing up it's the last day there's no more revives left or he's run out of units or he just can't play for some reason.
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP??
I have a vanguard champ I can't just take on the role of assault because the buffs will simply not do much for me.
What is the purpose of having a back up when I'm already locked into a category?? Is this GET IN THE FIRST DAY thing really necessary?

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    Someone posted (I think @Pikolu) that a dev confirmed you don’t need to join on the first day.
  • Options

Someone posted (I think @Pikolu) that a dev confirmed you don’t need to join on the first day.

The in-game raids screen reads
    "You need to participate day 1 to play Raids"
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,816 ★★★★★
    The last guy (call him king or whatever) should be able to complete every mission of attacker, vanguard, support
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,879 Guardian
    The text is there to say you have to be in the alliance before day 1 to join the raid, but you can join at literally any time.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

The text is there to say you have to be in the alliance before day 1 to join the raid, but you can join at literally any time.

Then why is there only a SPECTATE option my guy
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 963 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

Maybe cause the bg is full?🤷‍♂️
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Maybe cause the bg is full?🤷‍♂️
    Nope
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Idk, you haven't provided any SCs, so I don't know how you expect me to see something that isn't there?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Idk, you haven't provided any SCs, so I don't know how you expect me to see something that isn't there?
    My bad that's on me here's the screenshot tho

• Options
    @Pikolu so what am I missing here?
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    edited January 17
    Did u recently joined the alliance?
  • Options

Did u recently joined the alliance?

Nope, have been in this very alliance for the past 1.5 years
  • Options
    This post creation is way too late into the 2nd day, where obviously tons of people out there had not joined during first day, and now did successfully join on 2nd day, without massive complaint posts being made all day long today, if such a “lockout” case were true.

NO, THAT IS FALSE.
    Individuals can join a Raid group AFTER day-1 if they want to (just so long as there is still room in that BG) (and maybe/probably also that they have to have already been a member of the alliance as of the beginning of the AQ week ?)

The text there is basically (maybe badly) worded to indicate that RAIDS must be setup in advance to start on Day-1.
    Unlike other AQ Maps where you can change the Map #'s (1-8) and BG's running them at any subsequent time during the week for next days. That can NOT be done with RAIDS.

Here is @Cat_Murdock replying elsewhere with what she got from developers..

We asked the main Raid dev about this, and he said no you don’t need to join on Day 1. You need to be Enlisted and have the Raid start on Day 1, but that doesn’t affect individual members themselves joining after Monday

**Additionally (haven’t seen this commented yet, but is probably the case..)
    I don’t think you would be able to join a normal AQ BG day (like Day-1, in BG-1 or BG-3 in your Ally Pic you provided, assuming you had either of them setup for Map 1-8 on day-1, and then no-BG on day-2).
    And then on a later day try and join in the Raid Week.
    I’m guessing if you want to be pat of Raid Week, you can NOT double dip (even if not same days) with also doing another BG's normal AQ on an earlier day, and then try switching over to joining a Raid BG on a later day.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★

No, but the backup is kind of screwed out of revives due to the economy management. We can only hold two, ones in the stash expire in a day, it forces backups to either watch revives expire or jump into an area early where they might be needed elsewhere later.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Did you join an AQ map yesterday?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Did you join an AQ map yesterday?
    Yes I did, although I would like to add that I didn't complete it. I was halfway thru the map but didn't have time to see it thru completion
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    edited January 17

Yes I did, although I would like to add that I didn't complete it. I was halfway thru the map but didn't have time to see it thru completion

Than it explains it, u can't join normal aq and aq raids in the same week. Doesn't matter u completed it or not, just joining matters.
  • Options

Than it explains it, u can't join normal aq and aq raids in the same week. Doesn't matter u completed it or not, just joining matters.
    Huh so that's it. I could have sworn tho that after I joined the map I could still see the join button on the raids.