**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yet another Valiant rank up poll

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
Now that Crypt rewards are out, I’m going to make my final Necro exploration run today.

I’ve had no luck pulling Shuri as a 7*, so she will be my choice from the selector given I got a 2-3 Tech gem.

Given that, I need to choose my final Valiant rank up. I’ve got a number of good options (Roster below). While story content is my top priority, I do enough BGs that ideally I’d want to have the R3 be a dual threat (as Shuri is). I also am pretty certain that we are going to get a 2-3 Gem (vs generic) from 8.4 exploration, so ideally I also want to keep at least one good option in each class.

Given all that, I’m leaning very heavily towards Spider Ham as my Valiant R3. He’s great and underrated, and is a definite dual threat. That would leave me Titania if I pull a Science gem from the exploration rewards. The other option I’ve been seriously looking at is Domino since she is awakened, but she already gets banned so much I feel like if I rank her up she’ll be almost a perma ban. I do have Sunspot that I could R3 with the Exploration gem if I pull mutant with 8.4 so that’s not a bad option either.

However, interested to see if others have a different recommendation. My current R2s are SpiderHam, Venom, Titania, and Domino. However I have enough 1-2 gems and other mats that I can R2 any of my R1s as well.

Yet another Valiant rank up poll 59 votes

Spiderham
15%
Wicket329Rockyshockyo_oYagaSchnoodleFrostGiantLord13579rebel_Marvelfan30Sarah245 9 votes
Titania
45%
danielmathXSquaddfmoore26Powerofpain1001Maratoxjcphillips7Kirito_kunReignkingTWDrummerboips3Sparx265LpooJaximosArocPart2ThePredator1001UltragamerKruger8214DoomflameBluChAxewDab_west 27 votes
Domino
27%
ege999menMonk1WhoDaPooValkyrion99KORNJoshua_EiversBeastDadjaythekidCoach_G1Rugbyman371TribalChiefMixtapevol02SubzeroCNewtrelArmageddønPoesie66959 16 votes
Venom
8%
captain_rogersKennyPLHonorable_BluJayTheShinyDomeGrub88 5 votes
Other (please specify)
3%
PikoluToomuchwork2do 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Necro exploration gives a Titan as well, right? Might want to wait on that if you're not planning on using this R3 for your run.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    Titania
    Duped Titania would be an awesome r3, but you could also wait for the Titan

Side note, how much have you been spending for the bottom paths of Necro? I’m also starting my final push today and wanted to get an estimate
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,161 ★★★★
    Spiderham
    Ham or venom imo
  • Options

Necro exploration gives a Titan as well, right? Might want to wait on that if you're not planning on using this R3 for your run.

I am going to hold my Titan till Feb, and want to make Valiant sooner than that. So, my current pool is the solution set.
  • Options
    edited January 17
    Emilia90 said:

Duped Titania would be an awesome r3, but you could also wait for the Titan

Side note, how much have you been spending for the bottom paths of Necro? I’m also starting my final push today and wanted to get an estimate

@Emilia90 Well I think you are a far better player than me, so probably a lot less than I did. I had one bad path (Odin) as I had forgotten to put my relic on Aegon. That one was like 136 revives. Most of the others I averaged about 100 per path. I think as long as you have good counters for Diablo and Stryfe on the Jubilee path you should be good. I used HT.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    I would definitely do a science in case you get a science gem from 8.4 and need to double dip.

I'm not sure how good spam unduped is on defense, but I know he takes tricky defenders down real fast like thing

• Options
    Interesting that so many folks are choosing Titania. Obviously she is great - have her at sig 80 and R2 already. But she really isn’t much of a dual threat as far as I can see.

Am I overestimating Spiderham’s defensive capability since he isn’t duped? Or is Titania a better defender than I think?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

A r3 Peni Parker would be extremely cool imo.

@Pikolu Yes, although I think I’d want her duped to do that. It could happen with my Titan pull in Feb.
  • Options
    Anyone have any final input on this prior to me doing the rank up? Strong votes for Titania, so thinking of her now vs. SpiderHam. Going to do some looking around on how viable he is unduped as a BG defender.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Other (please specify)

Anyone have any final input on this prior to me doing the rank up? Strong votes for Titania, so thinking of her now vs. SpiderHam. Going to do some looking around on how viable he is unduped as a BG defender.

Between the 2 I'd do ham just cause
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    edited January 18
    Spiderham
    I'd go with Ham. He's really fun to play, and watching those Porker Poppers pop is pretty satisfying
  • Options

I'd go with Ham. He's really fun to play, and watching those Porker Poppers pop is pretty satisfying

Pikolu said:

Between the 2 I'd do ham just cause
    Yup that’s what I did. I thought about it some more and I just enjoy playing Ham a bit more than Titania, and I do think he is a dual threat. Obviously will take Titania to R3 should I pull a science gem from 8.4.

Also was pretty happy with my first Valiant crystal.

Thanks everyone.