Options

Raids: Highlights Issues w/ Input Drop & Relics

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
If nothing else, Raids has provided a stark reminder to me of the costs of malfunctioning game mechanics.

In a mode that gives two (free) revives a day, having a striker fail, whiff or spontaneously activate against a defender with a load of furies really, really hurts.

Likewise when a special fails to fire. The resulting combo to face and KO—preventing the *gratifying fulfillment* of taking the full 10% health, dying from a timeout or eating a Sp3–is very demoralizing.

Please, please get to fixing this.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    edited January 20
    Axew said:

I’ve also been experiencing random lag spikes throughout the match. Makes it almost unplayable because it always happens at start of match and when specials are activated, so timing the parry/dex is impossible. It’s disappointing when you waste one of two revives because the parry failed on start of match.

Another issue I’ve encountered as well as others in a chat I’m in. I’m not at liberty to share the video, but one showed me an almost one second pause in the frames being rendered. That’s pretty bad in any content, but especially so in top tier modes like Raids.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Yeah I died because right before a Kang sp2 the game lagged and then it made me dex early so I got clipped
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,399 ★★★★★

You can watch Kabam Devs streams and see them struggle with the same issues you’re talking about.

I don’t think the fixes are that easy for a game this old and convoluted.

Mcoc-2 then 😘
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 241 ★★★
    @DrZola remember a few years ago when they gave out compensation in the form of potions every week for this exact problem, and then just stopped without bringing a solution to the issue that caused the higher need for potions in the first place?

Yeah, Kabam are great 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

If nothing else, Raids has provided a stark reminder to me of the costs of malfunctioning game mechanics.

In a mode that gives two (free) revives a day, having a striker fail, whiff or spontaneously activate against a defender with a load of furies really, really hurts.

Likewise when a special fails to fire. The resulting combo to face and KO—preventing the *gratifying fulfillment* of taking the full 10% health, dying from a timeout or eating a Sp3–is very demoralizing.

Dr. Zola

Well said. Sadly my expectation for this thread will be to putter out without a meaningful response or update about strikers, inputs misfires, or latency issues.
  • Options
    Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 174 ★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Thought I screwed up. Also on vacation so blamed wifi but sounds like it is actually the game.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 562 ★★★★

@DrZola remember a few years ago when they gave out compensation in the form of potions every week for this exact problem, and then just stopped without bringing a solution to the issue that caused the higher need for potions in the first place?

What a brilliant time that was. Kabam not only acknowledging issues, but helping us deal with them until a fix is implemented
  • Options

Yep that was solid. Took a while to get there, but they definitely tried to help out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 539 ★★★
    I will say, if raids continue as they are with the state of the game, I would be content never doing another one.