**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it worth grinding arena round 2 to duplicate Yondu?

RheumatoRheumato Posts: 39
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
I already got Yondu from Arena. He's good even unduped. Do u guys think it's worth enough to grind for next round to wake him?

Is it worth grinding arena round 2 to duplicate Yondu? 51 votes

Yes
41% 21 votes
No
27% 14 votes
Not sure
31% 16 votes

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Unless you will be using him for defence, not that much
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    NDK13 wrote: »
    You'll get only 1 Sig level why waste time on it.

Really? The difference between unawakened and sig 1 is huge. I hardly ever go for 4*s from arena anymore. Don't know that I'll go for another unless they finally make Wolverine a basic champ. But if you are interested in getting a particular 4* and you can do that much arena it's totally worth it.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I already grind him yesterday to dup him (I had my @ R4, knowing I can dup him from arena). Good luck on your dupping.
  • NDK13 wrote: »

The first 1.5 million in the basic arena is always worth the milestone rewards. The next 250k more or less guarantees the 11% rank rewards which is also worth it for the small incremental effort required.

Yondu will likely require something on the order of about 1.5 million points above that to dup him. That's a relatively small amount of arena points to awaken him, if you decide to awaken the basic champ. It is also worth an additional 100 5* fragments if you do. That's borderline, but if it doesn't take you a lot of effort to score 1.5 million in the basic arena I'd say it is probably worth it.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    His sig specifically is niche, I’ll admit but it can come in handy at times. It’s helpful against Magik to reduce the pain of her limbo damage and unlike YJ’s power sting when an opponent uses an L3, the weakness triggers before the animation instead of after which can help a lot. The choice is yours but the more you know.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I did around 4.7M for Yondu, per replies in Trucos FB, the potential cut-off is likely to be around 4.1M-4.2M (some ppl missed him @ 4.1M). I hope the mid-week 4* Basic Arena for Yondu is lower than the weekend one. Hopefully 3.5M for OP. All the best!
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Duping by a basic arena is just like using an awakening gem. You dupe with Sig 1. Don't we always use awakening gems? So saying that it is not useful to get Sig 1 only is not correct. You are actually awakening him. Now it is upto you if you would want awakening of that particular champ. I would say yondu is pretty good defender so why not awaken him he ll become slightly better than already good. I got him round 1 and duped my yondu r4/40. Let's see how it works out. I did 5.199 million.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★

The difference between unawakened and sig 1 is huge. I hardly ever go for 4*s from arena anymore.

Eh, depends on the champ. SL or Voodoo, for example, are definitely worth grinding for to awaken.

But champs who don't rely on their sig ability to be good, they just catch a slight bump in performance...like Xbones or Drax certainly aren't worth the time and effort (unless they can be obtained within your normal arena output).

• Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

The difference between unawakened and sig 1 is huge. I hardly ever go for 4*s from arena anymore.

Eh, depends on the champ. SL or Voodoo, for example, are definitely worth grinding for to awaken.

But champs who don't rely on their sig ability to be good, they just catch a slight bump in performance...like Xbones or Drax certainly aren't worth the time and effort (unless they can be obtained within your normal arena output).

Drax isn’t worth the dupe? My friend you clearly don’t understand how good his sig is.