Why antman relic not useful on scorpion ?

Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Member Posts: 77
•Not sure if we have discussed on this already or not.
•Scorpion got sting debuffs ( shock, rupture & poison) .
•But still doesn't work with antman relic makes the relic useless with him.
& apart from him , antman himself & ham.. there's very less champs that have access to stings that can work with antman relic
BUT,
•want to know, why scorpion sting debuff doesn't add up with antman relic which makes the relic on scorpion useless.??
Is it because these are not normal power stings like ham got or some other reason?

PS: apologies in advance if it's already covered ☮️, would be nice though to hear from kabam side itself to get some clarity on this topic✌🏻.

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,312 ★★★★★
    The only good champs that can use the relic is ham nd cassie, or maybe antman depends on do you consider him good or not.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    Power sting = power sting. Scorpions debuffs != powersting. The game pretends like they are when an enemy throws a special
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

The only good champs that can use the relic is ham nd cassie, or maybe antman depends on do you consider him good or not.

Torch works as well
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,312 ★★★★★

Torch works as well
    Torch won't work as of I last checked. Maybe it works after this update?
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Power sting = power sting. Scorpions debuffs != powersting. The game pretends like they are when an enemy throws a special

Power sting=Power Sting
    Scorpion Debuffs= Poison/Shock/Rupture That Deal a burst of Poison/Shock/Rupture damage when the opponent uses a special
  • Mario_ClarMario_Clar Member Posts: 175

& apart from him , antman himself & ham.. there's very less champs that have access to stings that can work with antman relic
    BUT,
    •want to know, why scorpion sting debuff doesn't add up with antman relic which makes the relic on scorpion useless.??
    Is it because these are not normal power stings like ham got or some other reason?

PS: apologies in advance if it's already covered ☮️, would be nice though to hear from kabam side itself to get some clarity on this topic✌🏻.

It has never worked in Human Torch, Void, Scorpion, much less the synergy of Mr Fantastic
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    edited January 23

also works with Yellowjacket, who is better than people think: has easy slow, petrify, the power stings that can stun if not popped (when awakened), plus the highest energy and physical resistance in the game, which makes him quite tanky

It's actually a bit of a game-changer for him, if you like Yellowjacket. Because his big problem is lacking a Taunt to make opponents use Specials; and a 4* or higher Ant-Man relic gives him that.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 428 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

yeah, misleading, but not actually "power stings".
    same as cheating against Apoc's no purify rules with a Cleanse champ (Jibari/ Zeno/ et al.).
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    What’s a good relic for scorpion then?
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★

I use the s99 relic it makes him partially immune to Dex (100% if you play right) makes him more useful for matches like mojo and Dormammu
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★

BUT,

It has never worked in Human Torch, Void, Scorpion, much less the synergy of Mr Fantastic
    I can see why Void and Scorpion don't interact with the relic, but is there a (known) reason why HT or the Mr F synergy isn't interacting with it? Working as intended or a bug?

Hulk or Spider-Man 2099
    phil56201 said:

BUT,

I can see why Void and Scorpion don't interact with the relic, but is there a (known) reason why HT or the Mr F synergy isn't interacting with it? Working as intended or a bug?
    It may be because they are passive debuffs, since the relics came out it doesn't work on those Champions
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    Always wondered if Nova Flame Torch worked with the relic - I think I have it on him atm but only beacuse Ant Man is one of the few relics i have in every rarity
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 358 ★★★
    Yeah checked the description-all the abilities specifically state Power Sting Debuff, HT and the Mr Fantastic synergy give Power Sting Passives, which are not debuffs and thus don’t count.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Between S2099 and Hulk relic, which would go best for Scorpion with the other going on Titania?

Between S2099 and Hulk relic, which would go best for Scorpion with the other going on Titania?

That relic is great on both champions, and I have 5* and 4* relics equipped on Scorpion and Titania respectively. But if you don't have 2 Hulks, I think Titania benefits from the S2099 relic way more, so I'd give Hulk to Scorpion.

It may be because they are passive debuffs, since the relics came out it doesn't work on those Champions

Yeah checked the description-all the abilities specifically state Power Sting Debuff, HT and the Mr Fantastic synergy give Power Sting Passives, which are not debuffs and thus don’t count.

Thanks, guys. That is indeed the answer. All this time I never even knew they were passives. Guess I should have paid a little more attention to the icons or paused the game to get that info.
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★

also works with Yellowjacket, who is better than people think: has easy slow, petrify, the power stings that can stun if not popped (when awakened), plus the highest energy and physical resistance in the game, which makes him quite tanky

It’s also a great relic for Wasp, who I personally like a lot
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 590 ★★★

ahmynuts said:

Power sting=Power Sting
    Scorpion Debuffs= Poison/Shock/Rupture That Deal a burst of Poison/Shock/Rupture damage when the opponent uses a special
    This.

You notice it is poison/shock/rupture damage when fighting someone like Diablo or ibom, you can load them up with poisons but they take no extra damage when activating specials.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

phil56201 said:

BUT,

Just a friendly reminder: there is no such thing as a passive debuff in MCOC. If it is a passive effect, it is not a debuff by definition. So if an effect is described as a passive effect, things that only affect debuffs cannot affect it, not because passives are an exception, but because passives are never debuffs.

"Passive" "Buff" and "Debuff" are types. Every effect can be at most one of them. It is also possible to be none of them in some special cases, like some node effects, but at least the way the designers design effects today, no effect can be more than one.