Longest Necropolis Run

Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
Could I quite possibly have the longest time in Necropolis?

I started the quest when I had time to complete it, but then I realized in the middle of ramping Aegon up that I forgot to equip him with a relic, so I had to quit. Restocked revives, went back in because revives were expiring, but then did not have time to do the path and could only do a bit here and there.

It took me 11 days to complete path 4 in necropolis. Does anybody have a longer time?

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Lol I don't know if I have the patience for that.

On a related note, who else did you bring with Aegon for Path 4? I've seen Pika use basically just him, but almost everyone else brings people for Silver Centurion, Stryfe, and Galan.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Matty_Ice said:

I started the quest when I had time to complete it, but then I realized in the middle of ramping Aegon up that I forgot to equip him with a relic, so I had to quit. Restocked revives, went back in because revives were expiring, but then did not have time to do the path and could only do a bit here and there.

It took me 11 days to complete path 4 in necropolis. Does anybody have a longer time?

I heard rumors of people doing a fight or two a week. I'm guessing the record is probably at least on the order of a month if not more, but I don't have a specific example to point to.

It is also possible that there exists a player who entered Necropolis when it launched but then took a break from the game and is still in it now. If they eventually return and finish, the record for longest Necropolis run could be indefinitely long. You can imagine say, a student going in there and then getting busy with school or something like that, where they didn't pause because they couldn't do it, but simply got distracted away from the game.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

Lol I don't know if I have the patience for that.

On a related note, who else did you bring with Aegon for Path 4? I've seen Pika use basically just him, but almost everyone else brings people for Silver Centurion, Stryfe, and Galan.

My team was:
    R5 Ascended Aegon
    R4 Torch
    R4 Doom
    R1 Proxima
    7* R1 Wiccan

I used torch for Diablo and Stryfe. And tried using doom on silver centurion. Doom and torch being R4 just didn’t have much damage. So I ended up just muscling through silver centurion and Stryfe with Aegon. Silver centurion was 7 or 8 revives and Stryfe was around the same. Wiccan was for Galan and last phase of GM.

I’ve seen people with R5 ascended Doom just smack that centurion fight. If torch was R5 he would have done much better on Stryfe.
    DNA3000 said:

Matty_Ice said:

I heard rumors of people doing a fight or two a week. I'm guessing the record is probably at least on the order of a month if not more, but I don't have a specific example to point to.

It is also possible that there exists a player who entered Necropolis when it launched but then took a break from the game and is still in it now. If they eventually return and finish, the record for longest Necropolis run could be indefinitely long. You can imagine say, a student going in there and then getting busy with school or something like that, where they didn't pause because they couldn't do it, but simply got distracted away from the game.
    That’s absolutely nuts. If you played the game casually, I’m sure a fight or 2 a week would not be a big deal to wait in the quest that long.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    Someone who severely underestimated their revive requirement, and doesn't care for other content could well be parked there while grinding arena.
    If you don’t care for other content or you’re ok missing out on it, I guess 11 days would be nothing.