the problem with act 6-5-4

TrillibossTrilliboss Member Posts: 276 ★★★
as you might know recently in the forums there have been opened some discussions about people unable to complete act 6 why you may ask? well, its because the nerf of act 4-5, which made the difficulty of that part of story mode significantly easier and thats the problem, since it became easier there is no challenge at all,well maybe the collector but people can just spam revive and kill him (well thats the only way)by the way since there is no challenge the summoner wont be ready for what's coming and by that i mean act 6 since it has hard nodes and the champions pi increases and hard bosses too so the only way to fix it is revert act 4,5 to the previous one but of course leave the same rewards and the second thing kabam must do is stop nerfing content what is the point of that?? i cleared the un-nerfed act 6 (on my main) without so many problems and how did i did it? thanks to act 5 which helped me to become better i hope you agree with me

Comments

• TrillibossTrilliboss Member Posts: 276 ★★★
    of course this is my opinion so feel free to tell yours
  • Wong_98Wong_98 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I agree. They can totally update rewards as the economy goes along, but don’t nerf the story content to the ground. I know of people who started a new acct and could auto act 4 from the get go
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Unpopular opinion: I really want a game mode that consists of pre nerf act 6 just to see how much skill I've lost over the years😂 I miss those days.

But yes people in global are relentless about saying that act 6 needs another nerf but get mad when we say it's quite literally a skill issue, they shouldn't have nerfed story
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    edited January 27
    Kabam only nerfed act-5 to get another excuse to nerf revive honestly.
    There was NO other reason to nerf act-5 🤣
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Kabam only nerfed act-5 to get another excuse to nerf revive honestly.
    There was NO other reason to nerf act-5 🤣

And now we use less on those carinas challenges😂
    2 sides on a coin
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,395 Guardian
    I can see the reasoning with the act 4-6 nerfs. Acts 4 and 5 are basically the new act 3 when act 5 was released. You don't want players to get stonewalled in the early game, otherwise your new players will leave. However, a wall has to be placed somewhere, so instead of having it in act 5 like it used to be, kabam has moved it to act 6. While it is frustrating, it probably increases the retention rate of new players.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    You guys realize there are UCs running around with 7*s.... Complaining about any Act difficulty at this point is most likely a skill issue.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    I don’t think this is a problem since Act 6 was ridiculous back then before it was nerfed. But now we see players get 6 stars before getting uncollected
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★

You guys realize there are UCs running around with 7*s.... Complaining about any Act difficulty at this point is most likely a skill issue.

To me that over simplifies it and it’s more nuanced.

There’s a psychology to engagement. And kabam isn’t innocent in that regard. Pretty much when you start the game path 1 act 1 chapter 1 they tell you to defeat your opponents. Collect champs. Rank them up. Get higher rarities.

They make it easy initially so as to not turn new players off.

There is no pre-warning on day 1 hour 1 saying “by the way, start reading nodes and champ kits when you get to act 5”

It’s a gamble for kabam from the beginning. For absolute new players it’s a button mashing game and is treated as such and could even be successfully argued (IMO) they want it as such.

I didn’t go on the forums or YouTube for over a year after starting. I didn’t need to.

I would surmise most new players are the same.

Then. The game evolves. It requires more engagement. It - in a way - becomes work.

It’s no surprise to me a good chunk of players just don’t progress or stop playing at that point. The game no longer becomes what it was given to them as.

TLDR: kabam doesn’t metaphorically demand skill until half way through the game and that doesn’t come without some kind of cost. It really shouldn’t surprise or irritate people to the point it does regarding UC having 7 stars. In functionality it’s just a bigger 4 star if all they are doing is mashing and aren’t at that level of engagement. I mean, technically if you want to progress and the evolutionary aspect of chapter 5 doesn’t turn you off, you don’t need 7 stars anyway so it becomes moot.