Options

Solo crystals update?

I don’t know about anyone else but I have like 10 million solo crystal shards cause they’re essentially useless, would like to see them updated or at least let us trade them in for something else

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,167 ★★★★★
    On one of the holiday streams it was mentioned they are looking at updates but not to expect them to be ground breaking.
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116
    An effort would be nice.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 468 ★★★
    do you ever use boost in the game? This is the main source of my boosts.

btw, I don't think Kabam will update it, instead they will create a new type of shard in the future.
  • Options
    HaloStrikeHaloStrike Posts: 12
    Maybe they can give an exchange option for those crystals once in a while. For example you exchange 10 or 100 of those greater crystals for a better version of those crystals. 5 & 6 Star Arena Boosts would be sweet!
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,174 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

btw, I don't think Kabam will update it, instead they will create a new type of shard in the future.

This might be a good time to once again bring up my auto boosting idea. So many people including myself never use boosts because of how inconvenient and annoying it is to activate them. They should make an option where the game will automatically apply boosts in your inventory to the team you're entering the arena with. Could even be a sigil perk if they felt like it
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 468 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

FunnyDude said:

This might be a good time to once again bring up my auto boosting idea. So many people including myself never use boosts because of how inconvenient and annoying it is to activate them. They should make an option where the game will automatically apply boosts in your inventory to the team you're entering the arena with. Could even be a sigil perk if they felt like it
    You can't survive in top tier alliance if you don't boost, this is the reality.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,174 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

ahmynuts said:

FunnyDude said:

You can't survive in top tier alliance if you don't boost, this is the reality.
    I have never heard of an alliance requiring you to boost in arena
  • Options
    themikithemiki Posts: 60
    I’m sure the shards everyone is holding takes a toll on Kabam servers. I’d think they’d acknowledge it and push some kind update for us to get rid of them. I don’t do arena so don’t really care about those boosts, but I wouldn’t mind better tier sig stones.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    I assume the OP has max sig all of his 2-5 star champs then? If not, why not pop the crystals just to do that?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,076 ★★★★★
    themiki said:

I’m sure the shards everyone is holding takes a toll on Kabam servers. I’d think they’d acknowledge it and push some kind update for us to get rid of them. I don’t do arena so don’t really care about those boosts, but I wouldn’t mind better tier sig stones.

Nope! Kabam has said previously that it’s the variety of unique crystals that people have that burdens the servers, not the amount. That’s why they occasionally come through and auto-open old crystal types
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    Teleus said:

I assume the OP has max sig all of his 2-5 star champs then? If not, why not pop the crystals just to do that?

It's extremely wasteful. If I did that I would have 1000s of 10% and 20% champion boosts and 10% attack and 15% health that would expire in 14 days. Plus all my 3 and 4* are max sig.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    As so many have said, this crystal simply cannot be updated, there are too many people that have hoarded too many of them (like me and you)

Might as well burn them up. I don't see a trade in happening either, for the same exact reason.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 420 ★★★★
    edited February 5
    I understand there's a hoarding issue here, but couldn't they come up with an upgraded version and sell them for 100K or even 1M? It's better than just having all these shards sit there useless.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,086 ★★★
    I said it in a similar post to this a few days ago: Force the community to open them. Set a deadline by which you can either open them all, and if not all fragments will expire. All this in exchange for a rehaul of that system with a possible added higher tier. Then start fresh with accumulation from there moving forward. Allows it so people aren't taking advantage of their hoarding, and we have a new solo crystal(s) to save up for.