Advantaged left-handers ?

TholkoTholko Member Posts: 8
Hello, a question just crossed my mind : do you think left-handed people have an advantage for defense in general ? Dexterity, parade... For me, right-handed, defense seems to be the most difficult.

Comments

• 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 266 ★★
    Left handed (really mixed) that dexes with left here. For me, it's better when I dex with left because I save myself from special by accidentally blocking if I don't dex in time.

What's parading? I'm fairly new to this game and haven't seen it talked about anywhere.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Wait, you guys don't dex with your right thumb? It is the superior form of dex because if you dex with your left thumb, you trigger a block input for 1 frame and that can cost you taking a hit into block instead of dexing, or losing your ferocity with Lady Deathstrike.

Is this real? Or are you pulling my thumb? I dex with my left thumb.
    I'm wondering the same. I have always used my left thumb to dex.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,277 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Wait, you guys don't dex with your right thumb? It is the superior form of dex because if you dex with your left thumb, you trigger a block input for 1 frame and that can cost you taking a hit into block instead of dexing, or losing your ferocity with Lady Deathstrike.

Pikolu said:

It is real. It's much better to dex with yojrnright thumb. But it is more comfortable to do it with your left
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

It is real. It's much better to dex with yojrnright thumb. But it is more comfortable to do it with your left
    Hmmm…I’m going to start trying this. I’m about to have to switch up 9 years of playing lol

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Hmmm…I’m going to start trying this. I’m about to have to switch up 9 years of playing lol
    Prepare to feel like you've never played this game before
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

It's something I learned with Juggs. Dexing or just dashing back with left counts as a millisecond block so you lose an unstoppable buff. It doesn't happen when you dex with your right thumb
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Try left foot braking, even as a lefty, and get back to us 😂

Or don’t if you value your face, steering wheel and windscreen😬
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,230 ★★★★★
    I don’t see any advantages in mcoc being a lefty.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    I wondering which of the top players left handed. Are any of the top BG players left handed? If left handers are superior most of them would be left handed.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Member Posts: 166 ★★
    Wait what how. I'm either gonna need bigger hands or a smaller phone 🤔
    This has further fueled the other halves argument to why he's better, lefty and now wins on bigger hands.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Chikel said:

Pikolu said:

It's something I learned with Juggs. Dexing or just dashing back with left counts as a millisecond block so you lose an unstoppable buff. It doesn't happen when you dex with your right thumb
    That doesn't happen to me when I dex with my left hand. I only lose an unstoppable buff if I forget to release after the dex and actually hold a block. But just a swipe back to dex alone does not automatically trigger a block that removes unstoppable.
  • TholkoTholko Member Posts: 8
    Whoaaoo, I didn't think my stupid question was going to be discussed. I am French and our MCOC forum is inactive. I won't respond to all of you but I took note of some useful and relevant things. THANKS.

• FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 90
    Chikel said:

Pikolu said:

I have been dexing with my left thumb for a while, and never lost an unstoppable that way
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,317 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Or losing juggernauts unstoppable. Which is why I dex with right when using lady d and juggers and left otherwise
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Lol bold use of the word superior. Certainly a thing that people should try, but tbh I have big hands, and it's never been a problem for me.
  • Adrianz1Adrianz1 Member Posts: 64
    Up untill late November i didnt knew we can dex from the right side, now on iphone even the slightest swipe(intended hold for heavy actually) gives me a dash back, after 4 years i need to learn this aswell!

Pikolu said:

Lol bold use of the word superior. Certainly a thing that people should try, but tbh I have big hands, and it's never been a problem for me.
    Just because you don't get impacted by the block input doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others and varying levels of occurrence. The game can register swipe inputs as block inputs if you press the screen a fraction of a % too hard or too long when initiating the swipe. Swiping back from the right side completely alleviates this factor and takes the stress off especially for champions like lady d who rely on not blocking at all.

We've seen so many times "my character blocked when it should have dexed" etc etc. Or people accidentally firing specials or tapping onside the bounds of the special bar and eating combos to the face
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I tried asking this question in my alliance LINE chat and all I got were troll answers. I'm like "no, I'm actually serious. Do you guys use left or right thumb?"
  • LeoZedLeoZed Member Posts: 653 ★★★

Pikolu said:

Yeah me too and it works just fine... Think it's time to change your phone
  • PieceofmindPieceofmind Member Posts: 6
    I just think that when nodes or abilities says “inverted controls” it should say “inverted directions”. Inverted controls would be for lefties, attack with left, block/parry/dex with right.
  • HendrossHendross Member Posts: 956 ★★★
    Lefties have been oppressed for so long, I think a little advantage on defense is warranted.
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★

Left handed (really mixed) that dexes with left here. For me, it's better when I dex with left because I save myself from special by accidentally blocking if I don't dex in time.

What's parading? I'm fairly new to this game and haven't seen it talked about anywhere.

I think they mean parry. I don't know OP's language but in French, 'parade' is the word for parry in fencing and similar sports
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,385 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I'm left-handed and will say no for two reasons.
    1. If anything, it's worse because you're more prone to hitting or mashing the left side of the screen on instinct, causing accidental blocks and inputs or just weird stuff to happen
    2. Because you should be dexing with your right hand anyway.

Pikolu said:

This might be why i cant fully dex certain specials for example apocs sp2, i always thought it was a lag spike but it might be registering the block.

I will say this though, dexing with left thumb is definitely safer though cause you can be blocking while doing it in case you mistime the dex