**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

🤣🤣🤣 as a valiant player 🤣🤣🤣

PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
edited February 5 in General Discussion
I knew we'd see something like this when they changed the Google play points offers. And I got some guff for saying it was coming. And I GET that it's supposed to be a 'bonus' for spending money. But as the number of ftp players rises among long time players two 5 stars and some Six star shards ain't finna make me consider spending. 😅 the 2500 relic shards are ok but for 200? Nah. Right. Units. So IF you're gunna spend. Awesome. But if it's incentive? Swing and a miss

Comments

• Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    I don’t mind it, this makes it easier for me to save my money. I much prefer this over the last Fourth of July deals where you almost feel like you need to spend in order to stay competitive.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Pandingo said:

I knew we'd see something like this when they changed the Google play points offers. And I got some guff for saying it was coming. And I GET that it's supposed to be a 'bonus' for spending money. But as the number of ftp players rises among long time players two 5 stars and some Six star shards ain't finna make me consider spending. 😅 the 2500 relic shards are ok but for 200? Nah. Right. Units. So IF you're gunna spend. Awesome. But if it's incentive? Swing and a miss

Spending in MCOC has always been less about forcing players to spend, and more like the candy bars in the check out aisle. The offers are there to tease players into buying. For that to be effective, the game has to provide enough resources in the game to get many people most of the way to their goals without quite getting there. If you're just nowhere near, the amount you need to spend to get there can be high enough to be a barrier to spending at all. Conversely if you can get there without spending, who would?

The early game is, on a relative basis, far easier and far faster than it used to be. The incentive to spend is thus much lower, because most players can see a path to get to their goals without spending, relatively fast. The market point system seems to roughly align with light to moderate but continuous spenders at or below Cavalier. The players buying the Cav daily deals constantly, say. For those players, the system might be a significant reward for spending or incentive to spend.

I would imagine that this is a first step, and probably limited by the tech available to implement offers in the store. But if it is successful, I would expect to see more progression-specific versions of this sort of thing over time.
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 68
    Don't forget the three 3*s on tier7!! The "Bread n Butter" right there!
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Reference my relic related rant on another thread for more on my frustrations here...

4 weeks and $800 for a 6* relic.....and we have no concrete info on what their future holds.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    Nothing in there worth spending for.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Always complaining about free stuff. If you don't like it, why not just move on?

It really feels like Kabam is listening to sensible players and making the game less Pay 2 Win when possible. This could have been a deal targeted at the whaliest of whales.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    BeastDad said:

Nothing in there worth spending for.

Think of all the things actually worth spending for in the game, in your opinion. Estimate how many people are spending money to get them. Multiply the two together, let me know when you reach $20 - $25 million. Per month. Every month.