C’mon Kabam, let us have nice things! (Luke Cage’s ALMOST perfect buff)

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★
Loved 99% of what I saw in the Luke Cage buff. Then noticed 1 thing…

Top: current Bottom: buff

Adding 10 seconds to the cooldown at max sig? No bueno 😢 (The paused during stun is fine). If the cooldown would stay as is, it would be the perfect player friendly buff.

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

Adding 10 seconds to the cooldown at max sig? No bueno 😢 (The paused during stun is fine). If the cooldown would stay as is, it would be the perfect player friendly buff.

Definitely seems like one or the other would be fine.
  • LeoZedLeoZed Member Posts: 653 ★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

Ok then let's remove all the other buffs and restore this... Hope it would be perfectly fine with you... His buff is good and his kit is now playable.. people always seem to complain even if someone does something good right?? @Kabam Miike @DNA3000 please take care of this.. don't buff Luke Cage.. People are unhappy here..
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    His indestructible becomes a passive, so your nullifiers can no longer remove it. Do you really want to deal with a stall LC in BGs going uninteractably indestructible every 25 seconds?
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited February 6
    Pikolu said:

His indestructible becomes a passive, so your nullifiers can no longer remove it. Do you really want to deal with a stall LC in BGs going uninteractably indestructible every 25 seconds?

I mean, AbsMan's ability to reduce it by 90% duration would still apply wouldn't it? Class disadvantage sure, but doable.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

I mean, AbsMan's ability to reduce it by 90% duration would still apply wouldn't it? Class disadvantage sure, but doable.
    I believe abs man specifically targets buffs, so he couldn't reduce that duration

Pikolu said:

As an opener: the buff is looking good.

Regarding the cooldown, you have a valid point. But wouldn't a nice compromise be:
    Cooldown lasts 44.97-25 seconds. When defending, cooldown lasts an additional +10s.
    Something you have to keep in mind is, the stronger on offense a champion gets buffed (looking at you Iron Man) the weaker their failsafes are to compensate. 35 second cooldown is still plenty of time to bait out only a special or 2 before you can push them to sp3 again.
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Regarding the cooldown, you have a valid point. But wouldn't a nice compromise be:
    Cooldown lasts 44.97-25 seconds. When defending, cooldown lasts an additional +10s.
    Something you have to keep in mind is, the stronger on offense a champion gets buffed (looking at you Iron Man) the weaker their failsafes are to compensate. 35 second cooldown is still plenty of time to bait out only a special or 2 before you can push them to sp3 again.
    Agree with this statement but I just don’t see the need for the pause during stuns. Especially in the current AI state. It punishes players for stingy AI
    BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Agree with this statement but I just don’t see the need for the pause during stuns. Especially in the current AI state. It punishes players for stingy AI
    I actually forgot about that part 😅 never really tested his indestructible out since it is mostly just a failsafe on offense.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

It's to stop him from being able to tank an sp3, stun lock until his indestructible has recharged, tank another sp3 and repeat

BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

It's to stop him from being able to tank an sp3, stun lock until his indestructible has recharged, tank another sp3 and repeat
    Yep that part is clear. I don’t think in the current AI state though that both extending the timer and punishing players for using a parry to help reset the timer makes sense. One or the other should accomplish that in a more balanced way.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    I’ve been watching DLL’s context videos a lot lately. He sheds a lot of light on the process of designing/reworking champs and the thoughts on why champs have this or that. I hope I’m reflecting this accurately, but for Luke he mentioned Luke being a much more potent attacker and much more consistent at controlling fights. He also has more consistent damage and is able to close out fights much faster. This makes the need for him to lean on his indestructible not as important. They upped his attack value a lot so they had to compensate in other ways, and that’s by increasing the cooldown. They did make it passive though so it’s so much better than before. Also they added new abilities like block proficiency and made his physical resist part of his base stats. This buff looks great and I hope it sticks. I used to love using Luke as a brawler and if the buff stays the way it is now, I could see myself ranking him up and using him.