**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is RNG broken or fixed?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
I've noticed recently that there are WAY more options and opportunities to get prerelease crystals. What used to be 11 opportunities has now skyrocketed to near 100 between 5* bundlex8 (game and summoners market) 6*bundle (game and market) 10 in black market
And now 5 in market with no bundle. However. Watching ALL the streams and with my own experience. I just opened 25 wow crystals and 10 heart crystals and relieved 30-4* 4- 5* and 1- 6*. Now. I should know after 10 years not to spend on the game. But I know they purchased their own algorithm. And I know as a psych professional that addiction causes you to think, 'oh my pulls were so bad if I try again there no chance it'll be that bad.' And when you pair that knowledge with the large increase in opportunities and the seemingly WAY worse rng. It seems fixed. So spend how you will. But tread carefully. Because ftp is looking better and better every crystal I spin. (Also all of my recent selector crystals have been only 5* champs on Sunday daily deals) it just seems the math isn't mathing anymore

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Why spend on crystals unless you can whale out on 1000s? Always spend on guaranteed value and you won't be disappointed with your purchase.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,149 ★★★★★
    Math is perfectly mathing
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

Read up on this it might help you out
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    YES!! I can get a guaranteed 5* wohoo!!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    I think it's broken beyond repair and the only way to fix it is to buy all the bundles being offer. This will please the RNG (Kabam themselves) and you will be reward during the next spending event. I heard from Whales that this is the only way for your RNG to be fix. Good spending......
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Alliance mate bought out the crystals, didn't even get a 6*, reinforced my stance on never spending a single unit on a crystal.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    How can RNG be fixed?
  • Options

How can RNG be fixed?

Algorithms. Not true rng. Like for magic arena mobile their land drops are 'rng' but it's not a true random rng like mtgo. A random number generator doesn't necessarily mean it's true random. Some numbers are assigned higher probability percentages, its math beyond my puny brain. But 1s and 0s are involved I'm sure. 🤣
  • Options
    edited February 9

I think it's broken beyond repair and the only way to fix it is to buy all the bundles being offer. This will please the RNG (Kabam themselves) and you will be reward during the next spending event. I heard from Whales that this is the only way for your RNG to be fix. Good spending......

This is the winning method. Unfortunately I do a budget and I'm sticking to it. I should probably reevaluate the budget and redirect my hobby money into mtg. Something with at least some kind of roi. 🤣
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

How can RNG be fixed?

Algorithms. Not true rng. Like for magic arena mobile their land drops are 'rng' but it's not a true random rng like mtgo. A random number generator doesn't necessarily mean it's true random. Some numbers are assigned higher probability percentages, its math beyond my puny brain. But 1s and 0s are involved I'm sure. 🤣
    I hope you know that there is nothing that is "truly random" when it comes to computers. All RNG done by a computer is done by an algorithm of some sort. You can just search DNA's responses in other threads about RNG, but long story short, these algorithms are "Random Enough" to suit our needs.
  • Options
    I have a hard time believing this hasn't been altered. @Pikolu has generally been very unbiased. But the math is just not mathing. With the seriously degrading ai issues (I seriously had to dodge for 2 min and 28 seconds to bait a special) it isn't hard to believe this is an issue they are just ignoring because it's 'working as intended' but I made the mistake of getting 12 more crystals to get shards for another 7* and I STILL didn't open a single 6* from the featured paragons. 10 more 4* and 2 5* this is just insane. Yes. It's time to stop. It was my choice to spend not looking for any answers. But I'll be researching rich the man's best methods of ftp. Because I just can't justify such a terrible roi anymore. 😅 not that I expected any roi since we don't own what we purchase here
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

Read up on this it might help you out

Knew what that was the moment I saw it was a link
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I have a hard time believing this hasn't been altered. Pikolu has generally been very unbiased. But the math is just not mathing. With the seriously degrading ai issues (I seriously had to dodge for 2 min and 28 seconds to bait a special) it isn't hard to believe this is an issue they are just ignoring because it's 'working as intended' but I made the mistake of getting 12 more crystals to get shards for another 7* and I STILL didn't open a single 6* from the featured paragons. 10 more 4* and 2 5* this is just insane. Yes. It's time to stop. It was my choice to spend not looking for any answers. But I'll be researching rich the man's best methods of ftp. Because I just can't justify such a terrible roi anymore. 😅 not that I expected any roi since we don't own what we purchase here

Math is mathing. Again, I'd strongly recommend not buying any paragon crystals because their return on invest is very bad. I didn't get a single 7* from all the ones I opened after the paragon crystal event, and now have gotten 2 7*s from my last 24 paragon crystals I opened in prerelease bundles.

Trust me, I definitely understand how much it sucks to be on the wrong end of RNG, but it isn't broken and is working as it should.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,315 ★★★★
    edited February 14
    In kabam store, there is still offer for the pre-release Ironheart paragon Invincible Industrial crystal bundle.. $49.99 +tax if you have deep pockets.. 7* % chance is low.. rng is so painful, trollover makes it seem like you will get a 7*..

To be fair, I have gotten 7* champions from paragon basic/feature crystal.. 8x to be exact.. I just got Paragon Jan15,2024.. so that's pretty decent odds.. right?!?
  • Options
    Athos69Athos69 Posts: 38
    I’ve been buying every pre release bundle for over 4 years and only got 2 of the highest rarity champs (Odin and qs as 6). Not sure how many crystals that is but my rng is not good as I’ve had nothing for 2 years now 😂 Gotta say it would b nice if after say 1 year of buying and getting nothing we could get a selector or something. I’m totally done with them now they added all the extra crystals as i ain’t gonna buy them all for a load more 4 stars. Should have stopped earlier obvs but hey ho. Maybe this crystal was not meant for me or my progression or my wallet. Not every crystal is for everyone 😂
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

I should know after 10 years not to spend on the game. But I know they purchased their own algorithm. And I know as a psych professional that addiction causes you to think, 'oh my pulls were so bad if I try again there no chance it'll be that bad.'