**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just a Question/Feedback about the AW map layout

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
edited February 10 in General Discussion
I knew better (how the teleports for mini islands work), but I think I just had my head down and was so focused on my fights and planning them in my head before going into each one that I accidentally did the minis in the wrong order.. totally my mistake. I exited a mini fight and immediately realized I did them in "the wrong order" for how the teleports work and there was nothing I could do.. just simply couldn't reach one of my assignments at this point. So I moved on to the final island and now someone else has to pick up the one I missed..

So the question/feedback is:
Is there a reason the teleports to the mini islands are restricted and have to be accessed in a specific order? Is it to prevent a player from visiting the same island twice? That's all I can think of.. Thanks!

Comments

• Options

Is there a reason the teleports to the mini islands are restricted and have to be accessed in a specific order? Is it to prevent a player from visiting the same island twice? That's all I can think of.. Thanks!

So, sounds like maybe you are assigned to do 3 of the 6 island mini's ? Instead of spreading that around to more players ? So would have to do them in order.

Yes, partly.
    As you said, so that a single person can’t do all 6 Minibosses on the 3 mini islands. Or can’t do both of them on the same island.
    Same as how you cannot do both sides of the final Boss island.

But also, setup that way with multiple “forward-only” portals so that short-handed alliances can choose to skip 2 of the 3 mini islands if they need to.

And lastly, to allow early arrivers to go to whichever mini island they are assigned to (or want to go to, if no assignments), without waiting for late-comers who are assigned to the nearer mini islands to first do them before the next islands can be done.
  • Options
    (edit) (mind-bent, alternate universe where there was only 2 paths on those islands)

Meant so can’t do all 9 fights across all 3 mini islands.
    Or all 3 on same island.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★

So, sounds like maybe you are assigned to do 3 of the 6 island mini's ? Instead of spreading that around to more players ? So would have to do them in order.

I wasn't assigned a fight on all 3 of the lower islands this time, just 2 of 3 in this case.. but the order still must be followed when doing anything above 1 of the lower islands. The order is right side, left side then middle. So unfortunately there are multiple ways to mess up the order when doing 2 or 3 (anything more than 1).

My mistake was left side first (I knew the order, but was just focused on the fights themselves and made a blunder).. from here you cannot reach the right side.. another mistake someone could make is middle first.. you cannot reach either of the left or right from here.

But yes, in AW, often times assignment is calculated by probability of success for any given map vs equal distribution of fights.. maybe there is not a better way to regulate it than the current system.. not sure
    Thanks for the reply!