**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

hmm.. i like these new carinas challenges.. but this response from kabam miike is distasteful.

ra_wrra_wr Posts: 63
edited February 16 in General Discussion

not his entire response. just the one paragraph i have screenshotted.

what stash of potions and revives are you mentioning? back to back to back everest content IS fun, but damaging to our stash of revives and potions we may or may not have. ESPECIALLY due to the removal or grinding potions and revives, AND not receiving a heads up about this content way in advance (2-4 weeks in advance).

also, designing content not to be made itemless is a vague statement. what are you designing content off of? content like this should be made on the basis of "doable WITHOUT an abundance of revives and potions IF skilled enough" if your designing content that is intentionally made for the user to revive constantly, then i want no part of that and im sure many of us wouldnt want to be either.

Comments

• Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★
    KarateMike said this was supposed to release back in like October, but delays happened, so that stash. Lags' challenge is obviously easy, Mike's done his for a total of <20 and Fin said he did his Tigra one (1 R5 Tigra 1 R4 Jabari no relics or boosts) for 24 when he submitted it, and MSD's done both of Fin's challenges for 23 revives total (just over a third being team revives)
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★

KarateMike said this was supposed to release back in like October, but delays happened, so that stash. Lags' challenge is obviously easy, Mike's done his for a total of <20 and Fin said he did his Tigra one (1 R5 Tigra 1 R4 Jabari no relics or boosts) for 24 when he submitted it, and MSD's done both of Fin's challenges for 23 revives total (just over a third being team revives)</p>

Yeah, but these are people that do Necropolis itemless (MSD has a video of an Itemless Necro path)… So if they are doing it in 23/24 revives, we will need hundreds!
    I keep seeing these arguments, and they aren’t quite right. MSD is an insanely good player, no doubt about that, but videos like the one mentioned in this comment weren’t done live, and they absolutely weren’t accomplished on a first attempt. They took tons of practice, with a team optimized for that specific goal.

Compare that to these challenges, which the content creators are going in on one attempt, not taking however many they may need to get the perfect try. I bet you that, given time to redo it over and over, MSD could do it reviveless. Not itemless, Fintech came on the forums and said itemless isn’t really possible due to unavoidable damage in some fights, but reviveless is possible.

I’m just saying, even the best players in the world make mistakes, have dropped inputs, or just get unlucky. A single run by them should not be the measuring stick.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    edited February 16
    I don't mind his comment, but I do agree with the OP.

I am trying to save up for a 4th path in Necropolis, but so much content in so little time is overwhelming, especially since it is untested, extremely difficult, and very buggy. I think we've had a new bug every day this week.

Fortunately Carinas is permanent.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 361 ★★★

KarateMike said this was supposed to release back in like October, but delays happened, so that stash. Lags' challenge is obviously easy, Mike's done his for a total of <20 and Fin said he did his Tigra one (1 R5 Tigra 1 R4 Jabari no relics or boosts) for 24 when he submitted it, and MSD's done both of Fin's challenges for 23 revives total (just over a third being team revives)</p>

Yeah, but these are people that do Necropolis itemless (MSD has a video of an Itemless Necro path)… So if they are doing it in 23/24 revives, we will need hundreds!
    FWIW, I was in this camp as well. But after watching MSD do the Tigra Jabari challenge, and seeing the general strategy, it really doesn't seem that bad. Several of the fights were done in like 2 minutes or less, and the strategy is mainly just "build to SP2, dash back and throw it". Some fights require a bit more finesse, like MODOK, Warlock, and Dormammu, but most a fairly straight forward.

And watching KarateMike do his Classic Threat challenge, it really showcases the value some of the older Champs still have. BW with her DAAR is huge, and everyone (still) writes her off.

All in all, while the challenge still has some big sticking points, I don't really think it's as bad as everyone was making it out to be on release.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★

So the “permanent content” remarks only matter to people who can’t stand having something unfinished in the game- which by and large aren’t the people voicing concerns.

Fair enough, although a 7 masacre, if only there, may hold value. But there's no reason to go back and waste resources on vol 1 or 2 because they are mostly locked to 3s or 4s. Just like I'll never go back and do abyss or variants - juice aint worth the squeeze.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,411 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I keep seeing these arguments, and they aren’t quite right. MSD is an insanely good player, no doubt about that, but videos like the one mentioned in this comment weren’t done live, and they absolutely weren’t accomplished on a first attempt. They took tons of practice, with a team optimized for that specific goal.

Compare that to these challenges, which the content creators are going in on one attempt, not taking however many they may need to get the perfect try. I bet you that, given time to redo it over and over, MSD could do it reviveless. Not itemless, Fintech came on the forums and said itemless isn’t really possible due to unavoidable damage in some fights, but reviveless is possible.

I’m just saying, even the best players in the world make mistakes, have dropped inputs, or just get unlucky. A single run by them should not be the measuring stick.
    Im damn sure zemo against domino isn't possible without a revive.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,076 ★★★★★
    Kabam must realise that "stash" does not exist anymore after revive farm nerfs on repeat.

I'm fine with hard content, it is what it is, more Arena grind or just something but whatsup with random 6* champion selection rewards?

The challenge is hard but reward is, what?? Is the rewards some easter egg or something funny?

(Reward Selector have 6* Jabari, people on forums are crying their hearts out after pulling 7* Jabari 😵‍💫)
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

The challenge is hard but reward is, what?? Is the rewards some easter egg or something funny?

(Reward Selector have 6* Jabari, people on forums are crying their hearts out after pulling 7* Jabari 😵‍💫)

the selectors are for the 6 star champions required for the challenges. it’s so players who don’t have them or don’t have them max sig to help complete the challenges

• Options

“It’s permanent content” -
    Seeing this thrown around like it’s a trump card. Like all Everest content, there comes a point where the rewards become irrelevant due natural game progression. That’s a built in timeframe that can’t be escaped. Given the rewards in these challenges- the rewards are almost to that point already.

So the “permanent content” remarks only matter to people who can’t stand having something unfinished in the game- which by and large aren’t the people voicing concerns.

In Necropolis first and now with these challenges, Kabam has done a good job of future-proofing the rewards for several years. In Necropolis, the most valuable rewards that will remain relevant long into the future are the Launch Pool Selector, both versions of Maestro, the class specific crystals, and most valuable of all, the extra Mastery point. The Maestro and mastery point are especially valuable because they are and will be unique to Necropolis forever.

Kabam Crashed has already stated on the forums that it will likely be several years before these three champions will be accessible through any means other than this set of Carina’s Challenges, and he’s specifically the guy in charge of what 7* champs become available. If you want one of these champs, then the rewards are and will be valuable. If you don’t care about them, then the rewards are already bad and you can skip it.

So, yeah, it’s permanent content that will retain its value for at least two years. That’s pretty damn good when compared to the usefulness of other older content.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,076 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

the selectors are for the 6 star champions required for the challenges. it’s so players who don’t have them or don’t have them max sig to help complete the challenges

I don't think anyone is hooraying after completing a hard quest just to add 20 sigs in a hero.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,421 ★★★★★
    ra_wr said:

what stash of potions and revives are you mentioning? back to back to back everest content IS fun, but damaging to our stash of revives and potions we may or may not have. ESPECIALLY due to the removal or grinding potions and revives, AND not receiving a heads up about this content way in advance (2-4 weeks in advance).

also, designing content not to be made itemless is a vague statement. what are you designing content off of? content like this should be made on the basis of "doable WITHOUT an abundance of revives and potions IF skilled enough" if your designing content that is intentionally made for the user to revive constantly, then i want no part of that and im sure many of us wouldnt want to be either.

You're mad because he says use some items?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 935 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Seeing this thrown around like it’s a trump card. Like all Everest content, there comes a point where the rewards become irrelevant due natural game progression. That’s a built in timeframe that can’t be escaped. Given the rewards in these challenges- the rewards are almost to that point already.

In Necropolis first and now with these challenges, Kabam has done a good job of future-proofing the rewards for several years. In Necropolis, the most valuable rewards that will remain relevant long into the future are the Launch Pool Selector, both versions of Maestro, the class specific crystals, and most valuable of all, the extra Mastery point. The Maestro and mastery point are especially valuable because they are and will be unique to Necropolis forever.

Kabam Crashed has already stated on the forums that it will likely be several years before these three champions will be accessible through any means other than this set of Carina’s Challenges, and he’s specifically the guy in charge of what 7* champs become available. If you want one of these champs, then the rewards are and will be valuable. If you don’t care about them, then the rewards are already bad and you can skip it.

So, yeah, it’s permanent content that will retain its value for at least two years. That’s pretty damn good when compared to the usefulness of other older content.
    Locking 3 7* champs behind content for years when we have ascended 6 star versions available is not enticing for 99.99% of the player base.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Locking 3 7* champs behind content for years when we have ascended 6 star versions available is not enticing for 99.99% of the player base.
    Then this content is not targeted at them today. As I said, it will retain its value, but if you don’t think it has value to begin with, then there’s not much to retain.

Personally, I’m very excited at the idea of having a guaranteed method of getting and awakening a 7* champion that I love. I still haven’t 100% decided which one I’ll take, but that’s part of the fun for me.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

ra_wr said:

You're mad because he says use some items?
    I could be wrong on this, but I’m going to guess it was more how it was presented/reads? *as in it could potentially sound condescending to some folks* 🤷‍♂️