The game should give us an option to go Valiant before first Woe ends

DodooDodoo Member Posts: 16
Now that players like me who are still far from exploring Necro, we should have some way to early access Valiant for the extra Woe challenge. I did the initial Necro completion so I have 1 R3 7* and I have 1.5 t4a from Christmas deals but there is no way I can buy 1.5 t4a now to get another R3. Now that I didn’t know when Woe is starting and that is a big difference in rewards, I am into this game but now I have nothing to do. There should be some money or units deal to buy t4a to be a Valiant in time before first Woe challenge is gone. I know that love market give some but that is only less than 1 t4a there which isn’t enough even if I bought them all

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    If you are willing to buy things like from the Christmas deals, why have you not bought units and used them to finish Necro? I get wanting to be able to access challenges, but this is one of the rare benefits to being Valiant. 8.4 will be coming soon, and you actually got a grace point this week if you completed the WOW onjectives for Paragon, plus the built in grace point, and you actually have until the fight that opens in the first half of March to get Valiant.

Also, as someone who is unwilling to spend on the game past the 10$ I spent back in like 2018, I only have 2 Necro paths left and am basically only hampered by relatively average (for an endgame player) skills, a lack of love for arena and thus a low unit stash, and a lack of revives. I'm about to go into my 5th Necro path next week, hoping to finish exploration before 8.4 drops.

There is an option to be Valiant: Explore Necro. You many not like the way that they provided, but the fact that Kabam provided a way for players to earn Valiant months ago for free (but with a significant skill/unit investment) before offering a payed option is a huge win in my book.

Did you just say you have nothing to do?..... Have you seen the Carina's Challenges? Raids? Have you finished all of the other Carina's? Fully run several sectors of Incursions? Played AQ/AW/EQ/SQ? Explored Act 6? Autofought Apothecary daily? There are literally a number of threads that detail how crazy busy the contest is, and none of them (to my knowledge) cite a 3rd objective of WOW as being able to fulfill all of their boredom.

TLDR:
    Problem 1. = "...nothing to do."
    Problem 2. = not Valiant.
    Answer = Explore Necro.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    edited February 21
    Dodoo said:

Now that players like me who are still far from exploring Necro, we should have some way to early access Valiant for the extra Woe challenge. I did the initial Necro completion so I have 1 R3 7* and I have 1.5 t4a from Christmas deals but there is no way I can buy 1.5 t4a now to get another R3. Now that I didn’t know when Woe is starting and that is a big difference in rewards, I am into this game but now I have nothing to do. There should be some money or units deal to buy t4a to be a Valiant in time before first Woe challenge is gone. I know that love market give some but that is only less than 1 t4a there which isn’t enough even if I bought them all

Valentines store had 3x 28,5k t4a fragments available, or 1,5t4a.
    This was exactly the amount of t4a you were missing to become Valiant 🤦‍♂️
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Dodoo said:

That was a Valiant offer, the 28.5k x3.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Dodoo said:

That was a Valiant offer, the 28.5k x3.
    My bad.
    Then his only option is to explore Necropolis or wait until 8,4 is released.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    So you wanna buy your way to Valiant, rather than playing your way to it?

Buy units and explore necropolis. Problem solved.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Dodoo said:

That’s kind of the point. You don’t get to have a road map on everything that’s coming next. You don’t get to say well, if I knew Winter of Woe was coming I would have tried harder to become Valiant. The Valiant rewards in Winter of Woe are there to reward those who chose to push for Valiant. Allowing players to see what’s coming first and the retroactively decide whether or not to push for Valiant misses the point of the rewards.

Nobody knows how much better the rewards will be for a new progression title, or when they will become better. But it is not like this should have been a surprise to anyone that the next set of challenge content to appear would have Valiant tier rewards. You have to think about, and then decide for yourself, whether to make the push or not, and when. The game is not going to give you second chances just because you played it safe and now regret it.