**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

WoW still 10 energy a quest..why?

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 637 ★★★
Hello summoners,

I login today to check out the new WoW fight and noticed it's still 5 energy per step, why? Has Kabam listened to absolutely none of the summoners concerns over the last week or two, or is it yet another aspect of the game that has been thrown in the "too hard basket"?

Not impressed, Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,456 ★★★★★
    They said they're not changing the energy. How much have you used so far for this one?
  • Options
    30 so far, still figuring out the fight, I might wait until someone finds the best strategy and copy that if I have the right champs
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90

30 so far, still figuring out the fight, I might wait until someone finds the best strategy and copy that if I have the right champs

Seems like killmonger and angela are some of the best counters
    I think that it is also possible to solo it with Wong, but you have to play a lot more carefully and keep up your charges

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,456 ★★★★★

There's a giant thread on counters and already some youtube videos out there.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,197 ★★★★★
    I did it a run with Surfer and finished with a full yellow bar. Almost got the Odin solo as well, but got parried right at the end which transferred 20 shocks onto me, killing me pretty much instantly. Decided to just revive and get the last 10%
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    i did howard and scorp so far and its been super easy
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,748 ★★★★
    Fights are alot more easier this time, so 10 energy is fine if they keep it at this level. Just need to use the right counters, watch since videos and you'll get thru it.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

I login today to check out the new WoW fight and noticed it's still 5 energy per step, why? Has Kabam listened to absolutely none of the summoners concerns over the last week or two, or is it yet another aspect of the game that has been thrown in the "too hard basket"?

Not impressed, Kabam.

They said they wanted to collect more data on fights that weren’t as difficult as Abs Man so that they could get a feel for how much it was actually costing players to do the content.

I would not expect the energy cost to change any time soon.
    But won’t the data be compromised? Before because of the zero energy cost, you can go in and try as much as you’d like: see what works, see what doesn’t work. Then if you’re really having a hard time, you’d turn to YouTube to see what is best.

Now the best thing to do, in order to save energy, would be to wait for YouTube videos first before trying anything. It seems counterintuitive.
  • Options
    Ok so got through it with Angela, 5 star with 2 revives because I messed up after an sp3 and ate a combo. Even left suicides on, way better than Abs.

70 energy down, lol. It's a pain but is what it is I guess.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,529 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

Not impressed, Kabam.

They said they wanted to collect more data on fights that weren’t as difficult as Abs Man so that they could get a feel for how much it was actually costing players to do the content.

But won’t the data be compromised? Before because of the zero energy cost, you can go in and try as much as you’d like: see what works, see what doesn’t work. Then if you’re really having a hard time, you’d turn to YouTube to see what is best.

Now the best thing to do, in order to save energy, would be to wait for YouTube videos first before trying anything. It seems counterintuitive.
    What would be compromised here? This scenario would show that nobody is playing the content themselves until they're shown what to do (which is lame, imo), showing that the high energy cost isn't exactly great.
    Isn't that the bread and butter of most mcoc YTs?....
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

Not impressed, Kabam.

What would be compromised here? This scenario would show that nobody is playing the content themselves until they're shown what to do (which is lame, imo), showing that the high energy cost isn't exactly great.
    Not everyone has enough resources (revives, energy, etc) to keep throwing at it until they learn what to do
    Pretty bold of you to call it lame, since that’s the reason a lot of people follow and see content creators
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Some of you guys should learn how to read.

He didn’t say watching YouTube videos for help was lame… he said not even attempting the content before being shown what to do was lame.

Big difference.
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

He didn’t say watching YouTube videos for help was lame… he said not even attempting the content before being shown what to do was lame.

Big difference.

So if i watch a vid that tells me what to do and how to do it, i am being lame?...
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,748 ★★★★
    edited February 21

Siliyo said:

Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

Not impressed, Kabam.

Hmm i like to watch your YT videos and see how you do some fights. You need to stop posting them, so nobody is lame ... 🤔
  • Options
    edited February 21

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

So if i watch a vid that tells me what to do and how to do it, i am being lame?...
    Maybe I’m misreading, but to me that comment came off as the situation of it now not making sense to go in before seeing others do it first being lame, not the players who are in it.
  • Options
    edited February 21

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

If you didn’t try the fight and attempt to work it out by yourself, yes. I’d say lazy too.

If you attempt the fight, can’t figure it out, so go on YouTube for some help, then no, that isn’t lame at all.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 373 ★★★
    What @Karatemike415 said is right. Where's the fun in watching someone solve a puzzle before taking a crack at it yourself or going straight for the GameGenie when you buy a brand new game.

As for the data being compromised, they are both good data points to have. We have 10 energy and a tough fight vs 10 energy and an easier one. Seems like a good opportunity to compare results there.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

Maybe I’m misreading, but to me that comment came off as the situation of it now not making sense to go in before seeing others do it first being lame, not the players who are in it.
    Yeah I guess I can see what you mean .. its just weird..
    I guess I can see your understanding saying that high energy cost is lame and unnecessary since most people don't go do the content until someone else does...
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

Not impressed, Kabam.

The comparison isn’t to pre-energy cost and post. It’s Abs Man to Nebula. They’re trying to see how much energy it costs players on average. Abs Man is likely to have been a high end outlier and this Nebula is likely to be a low end outlier. I imagine they will want more data before making any decisions.
  • Options

Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

If you didn’t try the fight and attempt to work it out by yourself, yes. I’d say lazy too.

If you attempt the fight, can’t figure it out, so go on YouTube for some help, then no, that isn’t lame at all.
    Well wouldn't it make sense to lower the cost, so I can try more times?...Chances are with high energy cost, most people will go for a sure thing other than testing different stuff...
    Imo the energy cost is far too much.
    It doesn’t make any sense to me why they made it so expensive this time around.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

👆🏻
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Thecurler said:

Big difference.

My point remains
    I have zero doubts that the people that watch his content (not everyone of course) see his videos before attempting the challenges, so he’s calling what they do lame
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Big difference.

Well wouldn't it make sense to lower the cost, so I can try more times?...Chances are with high energy cost, most people will go for a sure thing other than testing different stuff...
    Imo the energy cost is far too much.
    It doesn’t make any sense to me why they made it so expensive this time around.
    That is the main topic of this thread...
    I honestly think the energy is lame, im not going to try all my options just to burn energy...
    I will wait.. see who got a good KO using what, and then go in myself...
    Seen 2 vids for M / Burst... Tried 1.. 4 times I sucked at it.. tried the 2nd 2 times got it done..
    I guess we are forced now to look at the solved puzzle instead of choosing our own adventure...
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Wicket329 said:

Hello summoners,

Not impressed, Kabam.

That’s what I meant. Not that it would be “compromised” but it’s going to have the opposite effect they intend (which you stated so well)