**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A question on AW

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,799 ★★★★★
edited February 23 in General Discussion
Five opponent Summoners on attack.

How to cover six lanes with five attackers?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 23
    Can retreat several nodes?
    I’ll try it in next war.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    edited February 23

I’ll try it in next war.

You can retreat back to the last “split point”, even if that is several (empty) nodes worth on the path.

You can not have entered into any actual fight, but if a “non-full” opponent leave entire segment path empty, you can travel one, backup with Undo, then take the next path over on that section.
    All of that would count towards Explore % (and full Attack Bonus points for those empty nodes).

Only 1 Undo allowed per person, per War or AQ.

**But, seems like recently there have been a lot, ok well as least enough to make them stand out, of basic level questions from this Forum Account.
    (which I had previously thought I remember in the past was a rather high level, and knowledgeable, player here. Upwards of maybe a DNA or Pikolu ?)

Have you taken over this Forum account from the original “winterthur” person that maybe originally had it here ?? (not talking about the Game Account, although that would be against ToS as well, just the Forum account here asking questions)

Or had you taken a rather lengthy break, and a lot of new stuff is in game since return ?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,411 ★★★★
    Damn... why didn't I think of this?!?

We had a half empty war a few days ago, what a strategy!! 😅

I mean, it shouldn't be a thing, but it is so imma have to try that next time we get a half empty war.
  • Options

I’ll try it in next war.

Have you taken over this Forum account from the original “winterthur” person that maybe originally had it here ?? (not talking about the Game Account, although that would be against ToS as well, just the Forum account here asking questions)
    Ouch. 😉
    Or had you taken a rather lengthy break, and a lot of new stuff is in game since return ?
    I am aware of the Undo last move (have not made a mistake that requires this but did not know it was so extensive to be able to travel two paths. Is this even intended or game team just left it this way? Till someone like me asked of it again? Is this an exploit? Can I report the other team?
  • Options
    It's intended.

Since you get “Explore” for traveling an empty path, and your energy is consumed.

If you use Undo, you do NOT get your travel energy back, so the Explore points still count.

(Long answer)

As well as those nodes being marked as traveled, so that if someone else were to come along later on and take them as well (even after you used your Undo), they would not be charged any Energy because those nodes had already been explored (even though you had backtracked from those nodes).

If they intended on an Undo really acting like a total Undo, then there would be an issue with someone else doubling up on that path.
    Say 2 people travel that path. #1 is charged energy. #2 gets to move for free. Then after #2 had followed, #1 decides then to use Undo. Well #2 is still there at the end, having gotten to save energy. But now you want #1 to get their energy returned back to them (as if their travel didn’t count) ? And what about the “Explore” that got credited at first, do you take that back even though #2 had subsequently also traveled it ?
  • Options
    I would have thought Undo is applicable at the forked path, and not on the straight path with three nodes. After passing the first node of that path, what is the purpose of Undo?

Anyway it is what it is and thanks for the explanation.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★
    I didn't know this either.
  • Options
    Tested. :D

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★
    Tested as well. Thanks again for posting @winterthur
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming for yourself something that a lot of people have done since UNDO became available in AW a long time ago, especially in maybe mid-tier wars that are more likely to have some alliances short of 30 people.
    (or for those other alliances changing members and maybe getting caught with new ppl unable to place).

Note, since it is only 1 UNDO per war per person, a person can NOT use it on multiple sections within a single war.
    ie, if you use it once on an initial section path, you can NOT then also use it again when you move up to the 2nd section, NOR again once you hit any mini-islands with empty nodes.
    Someone else in your alliance would have to use theirs on that 2nd section, and a 3rd person would have to use their on a mini-island (if there continue to be more empty segment paths throughout the map).
    It is only ONCE per person, per war.
  • Options
    How can I tell if I still have an Undo?

Playing with alts get confusing. :(
  • Options

Only way you can tell if you still have UNDO available, is to look after moving past next split point, and see if you have the YELLOW DOT available to go backwards.

So basically, NO (not like how you are asking). No other way to visually see, no indicator in AQ/AW Member Roster or any other status indicator.

Tip, you can see for anyone on a particular section (left/center/right sections) if the node map had a segment (both potential fight nodes on a segment path) that DOES NOT list any “fight / bonus” indicator for those 2 nodes.
    And if only 2 players covered all 3 sections on that segment, that indicates one of those 2 ppl must have used their Undo on it.
    Just doesn’t say *which* player that was.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited March 25

Click on the previous node behind you or where you teleported from and this will pop up. The node will be colored yellow

• Options
    In this War, Opponent had champs placed on boths paths of first row island "IsA".

I have four attackers.
    Two used their Undo allowance on "IsB" and "IsC".

On the second row islands, Opponent has again champs on both paths of "IsD". "IsE" and "IsF" are empty.

I should be using attackers that had used Undo to advance on "IsD".

Two other attackers with free Undo to move into "IsE" and "IsF".

Since, I forgot which attacker has Undo and which don't have.

Guess I need to ✍️ it down since my memory is failing me. 🤔🙃

• Options
    For future.
    Keep your attackers at end of their “islands”, instead of advancing onto the joint junction between 1st section and 2nd section.
    That way, you can tell which ones would have used their Undo (especially since looks like you are on the 6-path lower Tier Map instead of the higher 9-path Maps)

Then when ready (and with enough energy) to advance fully into 2nd section, you can better know their status, and jump them into the joint (single junction) 2-step node, and then jump again into the next section based on where they are coming from.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Let someone with a neutralize champ take it, works better.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    I main my R2 7* Wiccan and just make a beeline for every Gorr and Hulkling out there - dude rinses them without breaking a sweat
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 710 ★★★

Kabam u have got to be kidding me for a hour ive been trying to beat this war boss but his health wont got below 50% 156 hits was my longest run in that i manged 12 sp1 8 sp2 and 6 sp3 with doom bit his health wouldnt go below 50% his regen just stayed there even thou i was constantly nullifing it just poped straight back up ive wasted 40 plus revives not a dent in his health broken war war boss as this whole aw season has been broken im very surprised it has not been cancelled considering seasons have been cancelled for way less

So because you're having trouble with an AW boss that you (or an alliance mate) should be fighting with a different champ, AW and the whole season is broken and should be cancelled? Kind of sounds like a full blown case of sour grapes to me.

Interesting take/complaint @Charliejiggens...
  • Options
    Now that Season 48 is done and dusted, this Undo trick nab a couple of wins and the reason for being able to stay in Silver 2 and getting Silver 1 rewards.

Does it qualifies as Best-Kept-Secret?