**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EQ Adjustment for higher accounts?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
Idk if I missed something in a stream as to whether EQ is getting a valiant upgrade. But as it stands most everest content (that takes a lot of time) is tailored to higher level accounts. And with energy costs going up for wow and such it'd be REAL nifty if we could skip the thronebreaker energy sap and just do the paragon gauntlet each month. As a valiant player I really don't see much value in the slog of thronebreaker EQ. It isn't a challenge. The rewards are just ok. And it just eats time and energy I'd rather be spending on bgs and everest content. So was there mention or is there plans to take away the gate that is thronebreaker exploration?

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,014 ★★★★★
    I enjoy doing both the TBEQ and Gauntlet each month. Double rewards.
    I don't believe it should be changed.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Pandingo said:

Idk if I missed something in a stream as to whether EQ is getting a valiant upgrade. But as it stands most everest content (that takes a lot of time) is tailored to higher level accounts. And with energy costs going up for wow and such it'd be REAL nifty if we could skip the thronebreaker energy sap and just do the paragon gauntlet each month. As a valiant player I really don't see much value in the slog of thronebreaker EQ. It isn't a challenge. The rewards are just ok. And it just eats time and energy I'd rather be spending on bgs and everest content. So was there mention or is there plans to take away the gate that is thronebreaker exploration?

Like a lot of things in this game, energy is just another resource you need to manage. If you want the rewards, you got to put in the time & effort. Asking to bypass just sounds lazy & entitled
  • Options
    edited February 24

Pandingo said:

Like a lot of things in this game, energy is just another resource you need to manage. If you want the rewards, you got to put in the time & effort. Asking to bypass just sounds lazy & entitled
    With that mindset id argue that you should have to do all levels every month in order to do it all so go complete proven and cavalier 100% before doing thronebreaker or youre entitled, i dont want the tb rewards. Just like when i was tb i didnt want proven rewards. I don't have to do proven to do thronebreaker? So why should there be a gate? I'm not entitled to anything for free. I just don't wanna waste energy on something I find pointless. Charge an energy refill every two fights for paragon i don't care.
  • Options
    edited February 24

For now, it makes complete sense the way they have it. For higher tier accounts, the real rewards are from the Paragon Gauntlet. But they're not going to let you go straight to it, you have to work for it.

And creating an entire new difficulty level over Thronebreaker takes considerable amount of time - time which instead they've been using for Act 8.4, Necropolis, and Winter of Woe+

I'd rather they focus on that for the top tier people who are fishing for the hardest content.

I wouldn't consider it work. I don't think I've lost a champ in tb difficulty for a year. It's just tedious. And again if that's the case then shouldn't we still have tb locked unless you do cav and cav locked unless you do uncollected. So forth and so forth. Is it still locked or can tb just jump right in tb quest before they do the others? If you're tb you should then have to complete the tier before and THEN go to tb. If that's still the case then I withdraw my request.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    Deacon said:

Valiant was literally just introduced an hour ago it seems lol

I remember the Paragon day after times too

True. Doesn't hurt to ask though. Lol. I don't get anything extra for getting the key to Paragon. So it's not like I'd be at an unfair advantage if I didn't have to do tb.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Pandingo said:

With that mindset id argue that you should have to do all levels every month in order to do it all so go complete proven and cavalier 100% before doing thronebreaker or youre entitled, i dont want the tb rewards. Just like when i was tb i didnt want proven rewards. I don't have to do proven to do thronebreaker? So why should there be a gate? I'm not entitled to anything for free. I just don't wanna waste energy on something I find pointless. Charge an energy refill every two fights for paragon i don't care.
    If it helps, it's TB+ meaning TB and above. 🤷
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★
    If TB completion at least gave you key then you could go to paragauntlet but for now it's TB exploration for the key