Options

I'm very worried about the attack and defense boosts for Sagas

I remember when the storm relic just came out, I just got Kitty Pryde at the same time and it was so overpowered and I thought kitty was way stronger than she was. Then the relic was nerfed and Kitty has never felt the same for me even years later.

I mention this because I feel that this is going to be the case for a lot of champions in the roster for these saga boosts. You may think that this is similar to when a champ works better in BG due to a node interaction. This isn't the case though.
1)While the metas for BG stick around for 2 weeks- a month, these boosts will be around for 3 months. I know we lose track of time while playing games and having fun but 3 months is still a very long time many players will get used to this new power boost.
2)These boosts will not only apply to BG but to arenas and incursions and aq and aw and the rest of the game.

I think this is a very bad idea. For one, players will need to memorise which champions get the boosts as this will be very important for competitive modes like BG and War. (Anyone else remember the frustration of the decay/placebo BG meta where you didn't remember who gets what and would get surprised with an unbeatable longshot?)

Secondly, this will make champions feel much better for the short term but they will feel much worse to play in the long term because you will always remember their potential for this short period of time and they won't ever live up to it again. Hence the kitty story. I also imagine this will mess up some playstyles considering that you may be able to do more DPS with a new rotation + these boosts. Then you'll have to go back to what you were doing before and I'm worried this will be jarring and annoying.

Some assurance from Kabam would be nice right about now.

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,796 ★★★★
    edited February 26
    It will make Bishop and Domino more powerful. We might see a 1s ROL WS solo this time around with Bishop.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I for one am so excited. Champs who have cool kits but subpar stats will gets lots of time to shine in these sagas (and we get free 7*s)
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Wicket329 said:

Why do you need to memorize this. The tag system exists in the game, the champs will be tagged.

Just wanted to add to this that there will be icons for Saga champions that you will be able to see in BGs and whatnot so you don't have to memorize the list of who gets the boost like the decay meta of BGs.
    Yaaayy. Though I loved that one season of bg where we had to memorise the champs. Feel like I am the only one who does tho
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,555 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Why do you need to memorize this. The tag system exists in the game, the champs will be tagged.

The same way you have to learn all of the other nuances of the game. For us vets, probably no big deal. For anyone new? It's another layer.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,231 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

So what you're saying is....

Players need to read?

Mcoc forum mentioned raahhh 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅😱😱😱😱🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅 Wtf is Reading 😱🦅🦅🦅😱😱🦅🦅😱🦅🦅🦅🦅
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,714 Guardian

I remember when the storm relic just came out, I just got Kitty Pryde at the same time and it was so overpowered and I thought kitty was way stronger than she was. Then the relic was nerfed and Kitty has never felt the same for me even years later.

I mention this because I feel that this is going to be the case for a lot of champions in the roster for these saga boosts. You may think that this is similar to when a champ works better in BG due to a node interaction. This isn't the case though.
    1)While the metas for BG stick around for 2 weeks- a month, these boosts will be around for 3 months. I know we lose track of time while playing games and having fun but 3 months is still a very long time many players will get used to this new power boost.
    2)These boosts will not only apply to BG but to arenas and incursions and aq and aw and the rest of the game.

I think this is a very bad idea. For one, players will need to memorise which champions get the boosts as this will be very important for competitive modes like BG and War. (Anyone else remember the frustration of the decay/placebo BG meta where you didn't remember who gets what and would get surprised with an unbeatable longshot?)

Secondly, this will make champions feel much better for the short term but they will feel much worse to play in the long term because you will always remember their potential for this short period of time and they won't ever live up to it again. Hence the kitty story. I also imagine this will mess up some playstyles considering that you may be able to do more DPS with a new rotation + these boosts. Then you'll have to go back to what you were doing before and I'm worried this will be jarring and annoying.

Some assurance from Kabam would be nice right about now.

I don't see how Kabam could reassure anyone that they wouldn't experience the problem you're articulating. I think what you are saying is a very real potential issue, but to be frank, that's also a them issue not a game issue. To say it is a bad idea to create temporary advantages because some people will be sad when they are gone essentially places a boring-filter on the entire game. Everything has to always work in exactly the same way with no surprises because people don't like surprises, and without ever going away because people don't like it when things go away.

Let me put it this way. One of the Saga buffs is going to be faster energy recharge. Is that a bad thing? Do you want Kabam to remove the faster energy recharge out of fear that players will get used to it, and then react badly when it goes away?
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    I don't really see the down side. Every 3 months there will be a new batch of boosted saga champs to fix what ails ya.