**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

R5!!! Or not…

neglass7neglass7 Posts: 214
I’m super pumped that I finally have the resources for my first few R5s. However, I immediately second guessed it thinking about saving for Valiant instead. I have some awesome 6* R4/3 champs, but no 7*s that really stand out to me yet to invest in (and I’m also nowhere near a t4). And I can’t say I’ve really hit anything as a casual player that my R4s couldn’t handle.

Is Valiant worth it enough to try to get ASAP? Or should I wait until the point that resources are more easily attainable?

R5!!! Or not… 70 votes

R5 the top 6* champs and don’t overthink it
34%
Talha305RajaFoxhero007OpandemonioJustcause102Deaconcaptain_rogersDeadpoolmercs88Dfour24ErcarretSparx265AzenstarCrcrcrcMusha27DeepworldMessy151willrun4adonutLickyTrongNovProjecteXdoggy 24 votes
Valiant is worth it, start saving the cats for 7*
64%
SIlverProfessorAzKicker316Ragnarok13Usquebathrcm2017LiquidkoldMaicoñ97OwlkitAyden_noah1CosmicSpider5Java_JunkieSoulOfDarknessGreekhitAerokNoob_Master69RenaxqqTheExit27BeastDadSaltE_Wenis69ChrisRM93 45 votes
Other?
1%
Pikolu 1 vote

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275
    Rush valaint, its worth it, but you should fully explore necro you can get 7* from the original pool on 100% and you need another one you like so try to get shards. Either way you dont need resources for the valaint, cause you get the rank up gems 1-2 ,2-3 for 2 champs from the necro, so all you need to do is necro or you can wait a month or 2 for 8.4 then you can get valaint
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

It's rather pointless to save the resources for Valiant, even though I recommend you to beeline towards that title as such. The reason is that you currently only get there via rank-up gems that don't require any resources anyways. Currently you need to explore the Necropolis to become Valiant, unless you bought some deals previously. With 8.4 coming out soon, you'll have another way to get an r3 gem and will therefore only need to complete Necropolis.

But both Necropolis completion and exploration comes with a generic r2 gem, so you never have to actually spend any resources on ranking up your r3 champs. You can safely rank up your 6*.

I would recommend ranking up someone who can help you clear Necropolis. I'm not sure who that would be, though. I mainly used Aegon myself.

My ignorance is showing… 😂
    Thanks! This is the info I didn’t know I needed to know.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,977 ★★★★★
    It is mutually exclusive as @Ercarret said. Also, more r5s give you more firepower(necessary for bgs) and in your roster chavez is easy r3 material
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    So you don't need resources such as rank up materials to get Valiant, as has been pointed out but do you do bg's and such?

Do you have the champs to go through necropolis?
    If you have Aegon, shuri, Kate, torch etc I would focus on ranking them.

If not, either save until you do if you plan to 100% necropolis, or take that Scorpion up!
  • Options

So you don't need resources such as rank up materials to get Valiant, as has been pointed out but do you do bg's and such?

If not, either save until you do if you plan to 100% necropolis, or take that Scorpion up!

Thanks! I do BGs very casually, but if the rewards are really beneficial, maybe I’ll start doing it some more.

I do have Aegon, Shuri, and Torch as 6*s but not fully ranked. I’ll do some more research into champs for Necro before making a decision.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    You won't get Valiant by saving resources. It'll either be spend money, 100% necro, a run of Necropolis and Act 8.4 when it comes out.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Use only gems on 6* not the materials
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    7*'s are ore valuable, I am not wasting resources on 6*'s unless they are game changers.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    neglass7 said:

Thanks! I do BGs very casually, but if the rewards are really beneficial, maybe I’ll start doing it some more.

I do have Aegon, Shuri, and Torch as 6*s but not fully ranked. I’ll do some more research into champs for Necro before making a decision.
    I would definitely check out some necropolis guides, and focus on champs for necropolis especially given it sounds like you have the champs you'll likely need.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 154
    I would say only R5 if you have a Rank up gem or if it's herc
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,679 Guardian
    Other?
    7*s are vastly stronger than 6*s. Most r1 7*s have almost the stats of a r5 6* (with the exception of sunspot who has higher stats than the r5 6*) so it is silly to use catalysts on your 6*s unless they need high sig or aren't in the 7* pool yet.