NERF ‘EM - New OP Defender Trend

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 152 ★★
Onslaught, Bullseye & Serpent are 3 examples of the ridiculous new way that Defenders are made. To put it simply, if skill can’t prevent you from taking unavoidable damage from these defenders, then it makes absolutely no sense for them to be made this way. The unavoidable damage makes you lose rounds in BG’s no matter how well you play.
Onslaught has a new version of unblockable and a reverse control that trigger when he throws a special, and to make it worse somehow, they are active at the same time… which in other words means that you’ll be losing that round because there’s nothing you can do once these overpowered abilities trigger.
Bullseye, if you fight him slow & well enough to avoid the overpowered intercept ability after he gains 1 bar of power… will throw his special into your block and do unavoidable damage that can guarantee your loss if you put any other defender down for your opponent that isn’t one of these new defenders.
Serpent and Photon can trigger unblockable and undexable specials which the community has complained enough about already for obvious reasons.

Now for those who say ‘just use a counter’… the fact that the new defenders are made with only a few certain champions that are able to fully counter them is a terrible and boring formula to make defenders with. What player wants to use the same 3-4 counters for the same defender over and over again because the other 200+ characters have no chance of winning the fight without inevitably losing half of your health.

Kabam is so out of touch with the community for thinking that players would find this new formula fun. Whales are the only players who have all these OP defenders instantly and put F2P & low spenders at a huge disadvantage in the main mode in the game… BG’s. If Kabam cared about community feedback… they’d nerf these unfair defenders and stop making defenders like this.

Comments

• NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 223 ★★★
    Milan agreed. AI lag and input issues. Personally I don’t care too much about the defenders. I know in older post Kabam has said AI and these other game issues are hard to address. So maybe there are alternatives to it. Really though the solution is fix the bugs/ fix the AI/fix the input issues and most people are a lot happier.

I love the aggressive node option for a stop gap. I think it would show that Kabam realize there is a problem and are meeting us half way.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    edited March 12
    Yup I understand this pain and frustration.

Just a suggestion....Storm handles Bullseye very well, and in various game modes, because of her ability to inflict a passive stun when he purifies a stun, gain prowess from blocking his hits, and from landing and receiving critical hits. Stack her prowess and let her Sp 1 or Sp 2 rip. I prefer her Sp 2, but that's just me lol. You're gonna take some block damage, but it's better than getting KOd. Using her is totally up to you.

I made this vid to show the community what she does to him.

https://youtu.be/QRXYeNazLo0?si=AgNQxnGcOqwUhTfj

And I think I know a couple others based solely on their utility alone. Gotta test them out first.

Onslaught, Bullseye & Serpent are 3 examples of the ridiculous new way that Defenders are made. To put it simply, if skill can’t prevent you from taking unavoidable damage from these defenders, then it makes absolutely no sense for them to be made this way. The unavoidable damage makes you lose rounds in BG’s no matter how well you play.
    Onslaught has a new version of unblockable and a reverse control that trigger when he throws a special, and to make it worse somehow, they are active at the same time… which in other words means that you’ll be losing that round because there’s nothing you can do once these overpowered abilities trigger.
    Bullseye, if you fight him slow & well enough to avoid the overpowered intercept ability after he gains 1 bar of power… will throw his special into your block and do unavoidable damage that can guarantee your loss if you put any other defender down for your opponent that isn’t one of these new defenders.
    Serpent and Photon can trigger unblockable and undexable specials which the community has complained enough about already for obvious reasons.

Now for those who say ‘just use a counter’… the fact that the new defenders are made with only a few certain champions that are able to fully counter them is a terrible and boring formula to make defenders with. What player wants to use the same 3-4 counters for the same defender over and over again because the other 200+ characters have no chance of winning the fight without inevitably losing half of your health.

Kabam is so out of touch with the community for thinking that players would find this new formula fun. Whales are the only players who have all these OP defenders instantly and put F2P & low spenders at a huge disadvantage in the main mode in the game… BG’s. If Kabam cared about community feedback… they’d nerf these unfair defenders and stop making defenders like this.

I agree for the most part., but they DO NOT need to nerf Photon. She was intended to be a pain in the (_¡_) defender, and great on attack, which she is. If they nerf her, they'll risk weakening her attack also. Too many of us have spent too much money on that high class chic lol.

A good counter to her is Shuri. Photon isn't shock immune, and awakened Shuri can block her unblockable specials.

I agree for the most part., but they DO NOT need to nerf Photon. She was intended to be a pain in the (_¡_) defender, and great on attack, which she is. If they nerf her, they'll risk weakening her attack also. Too many of us have spent too much money on that high class chic lol.

A good counter to her is Shuri. Photon isn't shock immune, and awakened Shuri can block her unblockable specials.

As someone who own a r3 photon on two accounts it would be pretty easy to nerf her defensively without changing anything else. Make her undexable condition only apply to the final hit of the sp1. I think it’s reasonable to day most people can dex, dex parry and, if they cant, the relative damage would be far lower. Also does nothing to her attack
    They don't need to nerf her period 😂
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 475 ★★★

As someone who own a r3 photon on two accounts it would be pretty easy to nerf her defensively without changing anything else. Make her undexable condition only apply to the final hit of the sp1. I think it’s reasonable to day most people can dex, dex parry and, if they cant, the relative damage would be far lower. Also does nothing to her attack
    They don't need to nerf her period 😂

I was only responding to the idea that you put fotrward that nerfing her necessarily would risk harming her offensive potential. I put forward an alternative which doesn’t do that at all and would probably be pretty well received I imagine. If your qualm is “no nerf at all” then can just say that and skip the first part (like you did here haha)
    FunnyDude said:

Storm is a solution only when there is no meta

What do you mean? She beats him in various modes
    What's the current meta in upper BG? @FunnyDude
    NüΚΞ said:

I have seen many take him. CGR, bishop, kitty, Beroman had a storm video out pretty quick after his release. I have used toad with success. I care more about input/AI/bug issues then champs personally

Toad is another good one
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★

Years and years of people complaining that Champs "suck". Now that they're adding stronger ones, people are complaining for nerfs. Huh?

I agree to a certain extent with this which is why I think Onslaught Photon Serpent etc are perfect as they are defensively but... Bullseye's just straight up bs and definitely needs a nerf on defense, it's too much imo. I'd rather they tune his damage a bit on offense and nerf him a bit on defense, the evade wastes waaay too much time as it is right now.
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 550 ★★★★

What's the current meta in upper BG? @FunnyDude

Try AW buddy, that's what I call meta
  • What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Member Posts: 41

FunnyDude said:

Victory track meta is nothing, Kabam can easily make Storm & Kitty useless, then what you are going to do?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian

FunnyDude said:

Victory track meta is nothing, Kabam can easily make Storm & Kitty useless, then what you are going to do?
    Just use your relic when he activates his evade and push him to sp2. If you're using someone like Venom or Archangel, he will be dead very soon after that.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★★
    edited March 12
    The combination of terrible AI and dropped inputs with micromanaging game modes and punishing defenders that ignore masteries just has the game feeling more cheap than skill based atm.

The AI and dropped inputs keep getting worse and not better too, to the point that now there’s unpredictable lag spikes ruining fights too. If we saw signs of this actually improving though it’d make the other pain points less severe
    Pikolu said:

FunnyDude said:

Just use your relic when he activates his evade and push him to sp2. If you're using someone like Venom or Archangel, he will be dead very soon after that.
    Doesn't Bullseye's awakened ability at sig 200 shut down AA? I thought it did.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    edited March 12

agree with bulleyes and onslaught. I mean, on defense onslaught "can be countered", still, that passive damage and wp lock is unnecessary. But on offense he is also a menace , and i do not have him yet so i am a bit tilted xD. Champs like photon, serpent is fine, they are skill rewarding fights. Some of my fav counters for serpent include Tigra, sym supreme (total shutdown)
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian

Pikolu said:

FunnyDude said:

I've seen people kill my bullseye in 28 seconds with AA.
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

FunnyDude said:

Is it happening consistently though? Cause it's 50% chance to purify 50% of all debuffs if people are getting lucky more often than not then that's weird.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

FunnyDude said:

Is it happening consistently though? Cause it's 50% chance to purify 50% of all debuffs if people are getting lucky more often than not then that's weird.
    There are more counters /options to bullseye than you think. You mainly need a bleed immune and you can play around the killer instinct by waiting it out. Yes it stalls the fight in BGs, but he has such a tiny healthpool that the fight ends really fast, and the sig 200 won’t be making much of a difference unless theyre using someone like scorp/ham who aren’t even ideal to begin with