Battleground matchmaking

TonyStark_11TonyStark_11 Member Posts: 14
edited March 12 in General Discussion
How battleground matchmaking works?? I started in gold2.my PI rating is 14k. And getting opponents who did necropolis having all r4 and r5 in plat onwards.People are frustrated by this matchmaking.Earlier in season 6 7 , players were getting same level opponents in bg even in vibranium or ahead also. This matchmaking must be sorted out.

Comments

• shield311shield311 Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Matchmaking is random after platinum, im almost TB and I stop doing BGs for the season after platinum 2
  • TonyStark_11TonyStark_11 Member Posts: 14
    That is the issue.Why random matchmaking? So that means we can't score when we reach platinum? This is not good. This way I can't score 150k+. I'm facing legends continously in 13 matches in plat 2.So,only high PI players gets to diamond or vibranium?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★

That is the issue.Why random matchmaking? So that means we can't score when we reach platinum? This is not good. This way I can't score 150k+. I'm facing legends continously in 13 matches in plat 2.So,only high PI players gets to diamond or vibranium?

Yes, Kabam used to protect everyone till they reach platinum because after that actual COMPETITION starts and you will face anyone and that's ok.

But this season is chaos, random matches, cavs facing Valiants in silver ranks 😵‍💫
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    At the start of the season;

1. Start all valiants in V3.
    2. Start all paragons in D3.
    3. Start all thronebreakers in P3.

🎵 I got 99 problemes, but BG is not one of them 🎶
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Member Posts: 308 ★★

so you want to get to GC as cavalier while valiant and paragon struggle to get there ?
  • JTTvJTTv Member Posts: 11
    I constantly get players twice my team and it's total bs! Last match nobody under 23k!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Below P2 it should not be random. The match maker should still be trying to find matches closer to the player in strength. However, I have seen an increase in reports of these kinds of unbalanced match ups in the lower VT tiers in the last two seasons. As far as I am aware, the match maker itself has not been changed. However, what might have changed is the distribution of players. If far fewer low strength players are participating relative to high strength players, it is possible the match maker is having difficulty finding closer matches, and is widening its match criteria to give players matches.

In other words, the choice might be between giving players unbalanced matches, or letting them sit in the queue indefinitely.
  • TonyStark_11TonyStark_11 Member Posts: 14
    Hello, I'm not cavalier, I'm paragon, but my PI is only 14k, and I'm facing 20k+ players or ruler of necropolis every match in plat 2. I'm not dumb to ask for GC if I'm cavalier.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★

So, promoted to plat1…🥳🥳🥳
    But, not without a nasty aftertaste in my mouth…1 cav and 2 TBs in the last 3 fights…with mostly 5/65s and even 6*r1s in their decks.

This is no fun, neither for me nor for them.

Fix it, Kabam !!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    GrO_ot78 said:

So, promoted to plat1…🥳🥳🥳
    But, not without a nasty aftertaste in my mouth…1 cav and 2 TBs in the last 3 fights…with mostly 5/65s and even 6*r1s in their decks.

This is no fun, neither for me nor for them.

Fix it, Kabam !!!

How would you like them to fix this?

At some point the higher VT tiers will contain the stronger players. There's then two obvious options for weaker players:

1. They never face those players, they just get stopped permanently at that point without having any opportunity to advance, because the game decides that nope, those guys are too strong, so they can just sit there in the match screen forever.

2. They never face those players, instead they just fight each other and go right past those stronger players without ever having to face them at all.

The first option is worse than what we have now. The second option generates results so unpalatable that the devs actually removed it from the game twice already: once in alliance war, and once in battlegrounds itself.

So what would you suggest next? There are ways to tweak this, I've suggested a few myself. But *ultimately* no matter what you do, you eventually end up at one of three possibilities: one: weaker players must eventually face stronger ones. The other two are the ones listed above. The only thing you can tweak is where it happens, not if it happens.