Better Defender? Red Skull vs FAM

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    Red Skull
    Polygon said:

@WinterFields @ItsClobberinTime @Skyfaw @GrO_ot78 @ZEN @Jack2634 @AadhyVan

You’ve all made great points in favor of Red Skull, but would you r5 him over FAM given that red skull would mainly be used for Domino with FAM being way more versatile on attack?

Also is Red Skulls dupe noteworthy enough to make investing in the 6* worth it given the 7* being in the Titan Pool? It could help his ramp up but I’m not sure how many fights it would be useful in besides Domino. Not that hes a bad attacker just that usually there will be other better attackers for the matchup

Hmmmm that's a tough one but I'd say FAM just because I doubt he'll be a 7* anytime soon whereas Red Skull will enter the basic pool this year.
    As for the dupe, he doesn't 100% need it but it's very nice to have. Sig level doesn't matter but that extra armor buff every 10 hits does help a lot with his ramp up and gives you more room for error in case you block too many hits and lose too many armor buffs.

Couple things to keep in mind though:
    1. Damage-wise, for BGs sized health pools they're both the same really, their rotations are pretty much the same just in different order: sp1 sp2 for FAM, sp2 sp1 for Red Skull, fights are usually over afterwards.
    2. They tackle different defenders, Red Skull can do Domino but not Bishop, FAM can do Bishop but not Domino etc.
    3. Utility-wise they're pretty close, armor buffs and power control. The only thing that makes FAM superior is that nobody in the game is immune or resistant to his damage, Red Skull is screwed against shock immune/resistant.
    4. Defensively, Red Skull is imo superior just because he's tankier and harder to counter. As I mentioned before if you don't have a counter FAM just requires you to keep intercepting and he'll die pretty fast, Red Skull on the other hand is a tank regardless and his specials waste a lot of time so that alone makes him slightly better imo.