Kabam continue to wet the bed

Comments

• Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 824 ★★★
    No way am I grinding for objectives that should be achieved already, I've put my ticket in and it's up to Kabam whether they want to do the right thing and fix the situation.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,625 ★★★★★

No way am I grinding for objectives that should be achieved already, I've put my ticket in and it's up to Kabam whether they want to do the right thing and fix the situation.

You are missing the point, those rewards are not targetted for you, they are targetted to people who became Paragon while the event was live. Its up to you to farm them or pass, you are not entitled to them.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Errr the time one was not out of context... A lot of people were shocked about that one...

I believe Jax’s comment falls into a slightly different category as the context doesn’t really change the substance of the criticism in that no context changes the invalidity of those particular words chosen.

Even though in both of these cases I both explicitly stated the context in question and specifically describe how both contexts are absent and relevant, these two replies fail to acknowledge either. Mind you, they don't disagree with what I said, they literally imply I didn't mention anything at all.

Which on the one hand is something I would ordinarily want to dispute, but on the other hand, for the purposes of anyone that I have any chance of reaching at all on this topic, actually make my argument better than anything I could say.
    DNA3000 said:

Errr the time one was not out of context... A lot of people were shocked about that one...

I believe Jax’s comment falls into a slightly different category as the context doesn’t really change the substance of the criticism in that no context changes the invalidity of those particular words chosen.

Even though in both of these cases I both explicitly stated the context in question and specifically describe how both contexts are absent and relevant, these two replies fail to acknowledge either. Mind you, they don't disagree with what I said, they literally imply I didn't mention anything at all.

Which on the one hand is something I would ordinarily want to dispute, but on the other hand, for the purposes of anyone that I have any chance of reaching at all on this topic, actually make my argument better than anything I could say.
    I don't think the 2 situations are even comparable.
    One is about an ingame champ .. the other is about player behavior.
    They can defend a champ utility all they want and people may still think its trash; but the unfortunate comment about time being irrelevant kinda makes f2P grinders feel bad. I don't think Cyclops feelings can be hurt.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,475 ★★★★
    If a side quest requires entry tokens to complete them then it’s guaranteed to be garbage
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

You are missing the point, those rewards are not targetted for you, they are targetted to people who became Paragon while the event was live. Its up to you to farm them or pass, you are not entitled to them.

Sorry, but you’re not exactly ‘targeting’ a specific aspect of the player base when you roll something out to everyone. What this does is involuntarily cause everybody who is not progressing to assess whether or not they should retroactively complete this by exploiting a loop. This is bullsh*t design.

Kabam is notorious for doing this. This is why there is a lot of outrage when summoners see an offer that doesn’t make sense, or when an AW meta is created for the top 1% then rolled out to everybody.

DNA3000 said:

In both cases you described the context you applied to the statements. That does not mean the context was a shared context for the comments by all. This thread isn’t about those topics but I don’t agree with the context you applied to either one.

On this topic, Kabam tried to fix an unforseen issue and ended up giving everyone the option to pick up some extra rewards if you want to grind it out. That seems like a good move and I’m glad players that moved up a level didn’t get short changed this month. Good on Kabam for finding a quick solution and implementing it even if it meant giving out more rewards than they intended this month.

What you call unforeseen issue, I call poor execution. This to me looks more like an experiment on the player base than anything. I refuse to believe that they were naive enough to execute this without considering the consequences, which I stated above.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 803 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

DNA3000 said:

In both cases you described the context you applied to the statements. That does not mean the context was a shared context for the comments by all. This thread isn’t about those topics but I don’t agree with the context you applied to either one.

On this topic, Kabam tried to fix an unforseen issue and ended up giving everyone the option to pick up some extra rewards if you want to grind it out. That seems like a good move and I’m glad players that moved up a level didn’t get short changed this month. Good on Kabam for finding a quick solution and implementing it even if it meant giving out more rewards than they intended this month.

What you call unforeseen issue, I call poor execution. This to me looks more like an experiment on the player base than anything. I refuse to believe that they were naive enough to execute this without considering the consequences, which I stated above.
    I think there should be a “what happens if someone progresses during this event?” checkbox during the review process whenever they roll out a new format to try to prevent this. In this case it looks like an oversight. You can call that poor execution.

I think assuming this was intentionally done to give people even more to do during an already busy time and give out more rewards than initially announced is crossing into tinfoil hat territory.

To me, it seems like they made a mistake, recognized it, and (for Kabam) very quickly came up with a player friendly solution. There are plenty of valid complaints about the game. I don’t think complaining that this fix is forcing you to think about grinding for even more rewards is one of them.

What are you proposing? Are you asking that they retroactively give you the same score you had in your current progression for all progression levels? So you are upset they didn’t just hand out a pile of extra rewards and instead you have to do some minimal grinding if you want them?
    Rookiie said:

Sorry, but you’re not exactly ‘targeting’ a specific aspect of the player base when you roll something out to everyone. What this does is involuntarily cause everybody who is not progressing to assess whether or not they should retroactively complete this by exploiting a loop. This is bullsh*t design.

Kabam is notorious for doing this. This is why there is a lot of outrage when summoners see an offer that doesn’t make sense, or when an AW meta is created for the top 1% then rolled out to everybody.
    Its an actual pro player fix, yes its flawed but it actually benefits some players... You seem to be pretty agitated about it, which probably means you need or want the lower tier rewards too...Then get going and do them... They could have just let the month go the way it was.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Its an actual pro player fix, yes its flawed but it actually benefits some players... You seem to be pretty agitated about it, which probably means you need or want the lower tier rewards too...Then get going and do them... They could have just let the month go the way it was.
    The point here really is that if you've already done the higher tiers and gotten the points, and these events already should have been in the gMe from the start, why should ANYBODY have to do it all again?

Anybody who's already gotten the points in their highest tier should have been given the completion of lower tiers that should have been there from the start of the event.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 16
    SlyFoxZ said:

Just fight the 3 fights and start over before collecting the reward. Do it 40 times and you'll have 120 points!

It will be funny if any mod actually recommends it and this is what everyone is officially supposed to do to solve this situation.
    Anyways, i will try it out today.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 513 ★★★
    SlyFoxZ said:

It's definitely doable.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wait how are you doing this?

I've been using the flowers daily and have 64 points and only have this left to do.

Rookiie said:

The point here really is that if you've already done the higher tiers and gotten the points, and these events already should have been in the gMe from the start, why should ANYBODY have to do it all again?

Anybody who's already gotten the points in their highest tier should have been given the completion of lower tiers that should have been there from the start of the event.
    They could have done nothing, leave the event as it was and told new Paragons to go kick rocks...
    Its allowing new and mid Paragons to get an extra AG at the expense of some effort.
    You don't wanna do it don't... Simple as that.

Rookiie said:

They could have done nothing, leave the event as it was and told new Paragons to go kick rocks...
    Its allowing new and mid Paragons to get an extra AG at the expense of some effort.
    You missed my point.

Nobody should have to do it again, they should have been there from the start, as they intended, unless I misread the mail as to why they put it in a week later.

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

Nobody should have to do it again, they should have been there from the start, as they intended, unless I misread the mail as to why they put it in a week later.
    Yes you misread the mail, its intended for people who changed progression during the event, not meant for you.

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

Yes you misread the mail, its intended for people who changed progression during the event, not meant for you.

If it wasn’t meant for me, then don’t roll it out to me. I think the only person missing a point here is you. You’re acting like @GroundedWisdom, this was poorly executed, it’s as simple as that.

Mind you, there aren’t enough Krakoan Flowers to get all the points. The only way to get them is to go in, fight and restart the quest. This is stupid design and clearly not well thought out.

Don’t come out with all these BS arguments such as: it’s not meant for you. Like I said - don’t roll it out to me if it’s not meant for me.
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

If it wasn’t meant for me, then don’t roll it out to me. I think the only person missing a point here is you. You’re acting like @GroundedWisdom, this was poorly executed, it’s as simple as that.

Mind you, there aren’t enough Krakoan Flowers to get all the points. The only way to get them is to go in, fight and restart the quest. This is stupid design and clearly not well thought out.

Don’t come out with all these BS arguments such as: it’s not meant for you. Like I said - don’t roll it out to me if it’s not meant for me.
    Rofl so it bothers you that much that they rolled it out for you? Hahahahaha sure lets tailor the game just for you...
    Yeah lets do that, not roll out lower EQs for you.. lower SQs.. let's make sure the game is designed and tailor just so you can be happy...

Rookiie said:

DNA3000 said:

I think there should be a “what happens if someone progresses during this event?” checkbox during the review process whenever they roll out a new format to try to prevent this. In this case it looks like an oversight. You can call that poor execution.

I think assuming this was intentionally done to give people even more to do during an already busy time and give out more rewards than initially announced is crossing into tinfoil hat territory.

To me, it seems like they made a mistake, recognized it, and (for Kabam) very quickly came up with a player friendly solution. There are plenty of valid complaints about the game. I don’t think complaining that this fix is forcing you to think about grinding for even more rewards is one of them.

What are you proposing? Are you asking that they retroactively give you the same score you had in your current progression for all progression levels? So you are upset they didn’t just hand out a pile of extra rewards and instead you have to do some minimal grinding if you want them?

You started off well and then your argument descended into a crapshoot.

Yes we both agree that it is poor design, so why did you flip a switch and start asking me if I wanted rewards for doing nothing? Pick a side and let’s continue the debate accordingly.

1) It is poorly designed and executed.
    2) There are not enough Krakoan Flowers to get the points.
    3) To get the points you need to exploit a flawed loop by fighting, quitting before exiting then doing it again.
    4) If I’m not the target audience, don’t send it to me.
    5) If you’re going to send it to me anyway because you’re too lazy to figure out your target audience, then add the points I’ve already accumulated at my tier.

Because they haven’t acknowledged 1) and decided not to do 5), it looks to me like an experiment. Which, if you have any experience in startups or corporate, you would realize that they are more likely to perform experiments on their users; regardless of the user’s whims. So that’s your tinfoil hat argument down the drain. If anything, you’re the one with the tinfoil hat.
    edited March 16

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

Rofl so it bothers you that much that they rolled it out for you? Hahahahaha sure lets tailor the game just for you...
    Yeah lets do that, not roll out lower EQs for you.. lower SQs.. let's make sure the game is designed and tailor just so you can be happy...

It’s not about making me happy. It’s about targeting audiences, that’s what we’re talking about.

Here’s what I’m trying to say: by rolling out a flawed system to me, which wasn’t intended for me, looks more like an experiment on the user base than anything else.

Eg. Let’s see what % of Paragon players are willing to spend additional time grinding for lower tier rewards.

I know it sounds silly, but that’s where my thoughts are based on this poorly executed design.
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

It’s not about making me happy. It’s about targeting audiences, that’s what we’re talking about.

Here’s what I’m trying to say: by rolling out a flawed system to me, which wasn’t intended for me, looks more like an experiment on the user base than anything else.

Eg. Let’s see if Paragon players are willing to spend additional time grinding for lower tier rewards.
    If they need the items they will its simple as that.
    You have new and mid Paragons who would probably make use of an extra AG. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

Thanks for the insight, I hadn't realized that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★

They have acknowledged 1 in the mail. You have totally misunderstood what this is.

They designed this month to only give rewards for your current progression. That was the intent for this month.

They realized during the event that if someone progressed a level, they could no longer finish the chain they had been working on.

To solve this problem, they decided to unlock all the progression rewards for everyone.

This was never intended for this month. They only intended you to get your current progression.

They had 3 choices. Pull and analyze the data to see who progressed than then limit the fix to those players, do nothing and those players are out of luck, or just unlock all levels for everyone knowing this means players are able to get more than intended this month.

They chose option 3 which was the quickest, least margin for error missing someone who was affected, and most player friendly because it means everyone can get extra.

So you’re mad they went with the best option for everyone because it’s causing you to consider grinding out extra rewards…

Thanks for the clarification. Less of a courtesy then. Even still, if someone wants to do them all, it will take more effort than intended.

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

You missed my point.

Eg. Let’s see what % of Paragon players are willing to spend additional time grinding for lower tier rewards.

I know it sounds silly, but that’s where my thoughts are based on this poorly executed design.
    Also, if you're going to insult someone using my name, don't tag me while you do it.

Sorry @GroundedWisdom, that was in bad taste. Just a reference to how you sometimes miss the other person’s point. Doesn’t justify using your name though.
    Peace and love ☮️ ✌🏼

They have acknowledged 1 in the mail. You have totally misunderstood what this is.

They designed this month to only give rewards for your current progression. That was the intent for this month.

They realized during the event that if someone progressed a level, they could no longer finish the chain they had been working on.

To solve this problem, they decided to unlock all the progression rewards for everyone.

This was never intended for this month. They only intended you to get your current progression.

They had 3 choices. Pull and analyze the data to see who progressed than then limit the fix to those players, do nothing and those players are out of luck, or just unlock all levels for everyone knowing this means players are able to get more than intended this month.

They chose option 3 which was the quickest, least margin for error missing someone who was affected, and most player friendly because it means everyone can get extra.

So you’re mad they went with the best option for everyone because it’s causing you to consider grinding out extra rewards…

I don’t know - we can agree to disagree. If some part of the player base is happy - so be it. I don’t have to be happy. I know I am not doing the grind, and frankly I don’t care for the rewards. That’s not my issue here.

My issue is the conduct, or lack thereof, on Kabam’s part. As part of poor design and execution, one would expect compensation. So while you may argue for Kabam and say option 3 is easiest, I actually think they could have done the courtesy of allocating our current number of points to the newly unlocked objectives. There aren’t enough Krakoan Flowers to get them naturally by the end of the month, and opening the door for summoners to track backwards through an incomplete loop to get those rewards flat out sucks, and looks intentional to me.

I don’t like it, one bit. And that’s the hill that I’m going to die on.