**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4-Star Psylocke in 5-Star Crystals [Under Investigation]

Comments

• BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    lol could u imagine opening a 5 star and getting a 4 star
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Chris_L_H wrote: »
    has anyone actually pulled her? If not, I lean toward it being a visual bug only.

Yes, someone pulled her :(
    icokup7s7env.jpg
  • “The Champions displayed on screen are meant more for entertainment than actual Champions contained in the Crystal. This animation can display Champions that are not available in the Crystal as well as possible Champions that can be received that are not displayed, but the displayed Champions have no effect on the actual Champion you receive.”

That is the response I got from support.
  • “The Champions displayed on screen are meant more for entertainment than actual Champions contained in the Crystal. This animation can display Champions that are not available in the Crystal as well as possible Champions that can be received that are not displayed, but the displayed Champions have no effect on the actual Champion you receive.”

The response I got from support lol

Merely the response I received from support
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    9tyspnmos9gt.png
    Really kabam? This is your next masterplan to exploit players?
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    lol
  • Gagan93Gagan93 Posts: 8
    which kabam employee should i tag for this?

i think "mike"
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,376 ★★★★★
    Feel sorry for people if they pulled 4 star and would have been 5 star one
  • MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    MrMojo wrote: »
    It's a visual error. I have yet to see someone actually pull her.

If you don't have any evidence to back that statement up, then you should STHU.

I'm curious whether or not you have any evidence that he's wrong.

I'm not the one making the claim that the above is a visual error. I'm just calling for GW to back up his post with evidence, especially since he always asks for others to do the same.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    still better than 5* Antman and 5* She Hulk :p
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    still better than 5* Antman and 5* She Hulk :p
    Im wuld be happy for this two.
  • Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I merged all of the active threads about this to keep things from getting confusing. We're aware of this, and are looking into it. In the meantime, I recommend not opening any more 5* Crystals. Thanks for hanging in there.

Do you know if this glitch affected anything about the other 5-Stars in the pool as well or the chance of getting the newer 5-Stars? Will there be some sort of reimbursement to people who opened 5-Star Crystals after the maintenance or who even got the 4* Psylocke?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Anyone have a screenshot of the allaince feed saying An alliance member opened a 4-star Psylocke from their 5-star hero crsytal? Would think that would spread like wildfire but have yet to see a pic.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    I don't think it's a visual bug as I saw both 4* and 5* versions of Psylocke in there. If it were purely visual then I don't think you'd see the 5* version.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I merged all of the active threads about this to keep things from getting confusing. We're aware of this, and are looking into it. In the meantime, I recommend not opening any more 5* Crystals. Thanks for hanging in there.

What about those they already did? Tough luck?

Everyone gets a free 4* Psylocke and people that bought the 5* crystal get their shards back?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Well, seeing them is different. The Spin is a computer-generated list of possibilities, but the actual outcome is determined when you click Spin or Open. The roll doesn't reflect the actual outcome. Now, if someone pulls an actual 4*, then I would be inclined to believe it's an algorithm glitch.

On what basis are you saying this? You speak as though you know for a fact how the crystal pools algorithm works. Have you seen and analyzed that algorithm? Or are you just making a, possibly educated, guess?

@GroundedWisdom is saying it on the basis of his belief that everything Kabam is perfect and glitch free. Kabam wolfe confirmed it is under investigation and recommended not opening 5* crystals right now in this thread: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36282/4-star-psylocke-in-5-star-crystals-under-investigation/p2
  • Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry for the confusion it's caused, but the display of her being in the crystal doesn't mean she's in it. Regardless, I've brought this to the team to be looked into.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Somewhere earlier in the week someone posted that they had gotten a 4 star from a 5 and they were brutalized as a liar. There is another string on this that says a mod has posted a warning g.to hold of opening 5s? Any truth to that? Can't find it if it is. But I am not so sure it is a visual bug. Sombody typed in a 4 star code in a 5 star crystal it seems...
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Wow. Next will be a 1 star in a grandmaster crystal.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    If anything, it would be a visual error. Rarities don't jump pools. The roll is just a visual effect, and not representative of the actual outcome.

There are 4 and 5*s of the same champions (eg.psylocke) in It!
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I wonder if they will gift the summoners who had problems with this bug
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    quote="Slux83;c-217021"]
    has anyone actually pulled her? If not, I lean toward it being a visual bug only.

icokup7s7env.jpg
    [/quote]
    There ya go,False Believers!
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    quote="Slux83;c-217021"]

icokup7s7env.jpg
    There ya go,False Believers! [/quote]
    I'm sorry bro, I feel sorry for you. Bring that up to KABAM ASAP.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry for the confusion it's caused, but the display of her being in the crystal doesn't mean she's in it. Regardless, I've brought this to the team to be looked into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki7zRivXOrc

Check out the 3:49 mark in this video for the first of several 4* champs actually in the 5* reel.....
  • Well, seeing them is different. The Spin is a computer-generated list of possibilities, but the actual outcome is determined when you click Spin or Open. The roll doesn't reflect the actual outcome. Now, if someone pulls an actual 4*, then I would be inclined to believe it's an algorithm glitch.

On what basis are you saying this? You speak as though you know for a fact how the crystal pools algorithm works. Have you seen and analyzed that algorithm? Or are you just making a, possibly educated, guess?

I'm not new here. I have a base understanding of how RNG works with games like these, and I have an understanding of servers. I also have all the information that the rest of us have at my disposal.

The crux of the matter is that you only have a "base understanding". Further, that understanding is in relation to how RNG works generally in games and about "servers" - that is not in anyway specific to the particular game that we are play, or even the particular crystal that everyone is talking about. At the end of it all, you do not know for a fact that the crystal pool and spin works in the way you describe. You cannot say with 100% certainty that a 4* psylocke not in the crystals and/or that it is just a visual glitch.

For that reason alone, it is in the best interests of the forum-going community that you refrain from making baseless assertions as you have above. It is potentially extremely misleading since you have no verifiable basis for making such statements. There is a risk that a less aware forum member mistakes your statements as gospel truth, relies on it and suffers as a result. Obviously you are entitled to express your opinions. All I'm saying is that when you do so, make it clear that they are just opinions and not purport to make them seem like indisputable fact.

As shown with the screenshot above, people are pulling 4*s from 5* crystals, which means it was in the pool which does impact your resulting champ you pull.

Thank you Benjamin Lee. People should be careful when stating things as opinion and what they know as fact. Unless you are the actual developer of the logic for this patch that was put in last night. Then I believe you have more grounds to make statements as fact. Also, GroundedWisdom, if you are so certain, why don't you put your actions where your mouth is and open a 5* crystal now?