**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Did you know McoC? Ep.2 Quake and Toad! No need to fight 😨

peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…

No need to land a hit!!! The end for Mcoc?

You need to watch these vids below

https://youtu.be/yErJkBc3-y4?si=bGZS8H5xiwss6F8l
Toad

https://youtu.be/RlU4GcV9SAk?si=5u_F8YqtFWNv5fth
Quake (only the 1st one, till 1:42)

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Comments

• Options
    edited March 26
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    That toad one is pretty cool. Not about to rank him because of it, but still cool.
  • Options

I'm sorry....What??

Did you watch both videos?
    You will need to understand πŸ‘
  • Options

That toad one is pretty cool. Not about to rank him because of it, but still cool.

Tried this Toad secret and won some fights.

Not possible on BG though
  • Options
    LolπŸ™„
    The guys here didn't pay attention to this one and don't know what happens

A modern and sucessfull fight game as McoC can have some bizarre things as this shown here.

Toad and Quake dont need to do one single hit to win. How in the actual universe f * of gaming this is ever possible these days?

Maybe a bad coding? Or the whole champ attributes + nodes + synergy+ some other things that do a monster confusion?
    @Pikolu @DNA3000

Do you know that these champs can have this secret way to win, @Kabam Miike ?

Really an interesting thing to debate, but maybe some guys just even enter because of pre-concept against something

I just dont want to know, that it's because im not from a Paragon level , and as that troll said "nobody asked you", because you're really missing this post πŸ‘
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Tried this Toad secret and won some fights.

Not possible on BG though
    It’s not a secret, it’s a defensive ability. You can’t just facetank hits like that in any relevant content and expect to survive it, but it makes him a more potent defender (unlike Sunspot, as discussed in another thread).

OP, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game, but this isn’t anything. This is like bringing a max sig 6* r5 Iceman into Act 1 and being astonished that opponents are getting killed off without you hitting them.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think you're seeing why Quake isn't released as a 6*
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,248 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I'm sorry....What??

Did you watch both videos?
    You will need to understand πŸ‘
    I was responding to your incomprehensible title
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 174 β˜…β˜…
    Welcome to 2019 everyone
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Just wait until you find out torch can kill RoL juggs by just standing there and getting punched
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    RE: Toad. YES, things like that had been published up here when they first came into game.
    (Not sure if it was Toad or someone similar, but remember one where even as a 2* they were taking on heavy opponents, because of Regen or not losing health, or not being able to get hit, etc).

As for Quake, is it your video here, or someone else’s Quake β€œdid you know” post (there have been too many Quake posts recently), where the person is claiming that VERY FEW PEOPLE EVEN KNOW THIS SECRET (that Hold-Heavy by Quake can auto evade, and thus never take a hit. And aftershocks, etc, can take out opponent all by itself).

This one on Quake is SOOO WIDELY KNOWN, that to claim that nobody knows it is just strange.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Toad and Quake dont need to do one single hit to win. How in the actual universe f * of gaming this is ever possible these days?

Many champs can defeat their opponents without landing a single hit. Void for example can do that. Hilariously, in some situations Symbiote Supreme can *insta kill* his opponent immediately at the start of the fight.

How does this happen? Well, MCOC is not a punching game. The object of the game is not to land the most punches. There are many ways to deal damage, and basic attacks are just one of them. Sometimes a champ can deal damage without landing hits. Sometimes that method of dealing damage can, if it is used skillfully enough, kill the target. The question is not how or why this is possible, but rather is it something that is reasonable given the circumstances it works in, how effective it is, and how much skill it takes to pull off.

You can slowly kill something with Void without using any basic attacks, but for most fights this will take forever. Theoretically you could also do this with Mojo, but again, this will most likely take a huge amount of time, and in both cases you could get cornered by the AI.

Quake is considered a dangerous case because while it can take a long time, and it does take a significant amount of skill, when that skill is reasonably perfected it can be used across a large number of opponents in a large number of situations in ways that almost completely eliminate any chance for the AI to turn the tables on the player. That's not true for Void or Mojo or Toad.

Toad in RoL is a special case. Damage is low in RoL, and SP3 is turned off. Outside of RoL, Toad isn't an autowin. You still have to play him, and you can try to play him as an attacker in the same way without throwing any attacks, but good luck getting that to work in any reasonable content. As a defender, the "counter" to Toad is to just fight him in the middle of the map. So while Toad does have some interesting corner case fights that are fun to watch on video, in practical terms he isn't a particularly unbalanced champ.
  • Options
    edited March 29
    Thanks everyone. Clicked Insightful on your comments 😊

This "Did you know Mcoc" series is for newbies "like me" πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ As the 1st episode months ago was Falcon going backwards and activating the scan, and Kate Bishop/Hawkeye , that pressing the left button change the Arrow and even enters in slow motion.

After that ,searched for more "secrets" like that with no luck. Till I had found Toad and Quake win without doing any hits...

And now you tell me more champs do this 🀣

@Terminatrix what did you don't understand on the title?
    I was telling in a few words, you dont need to actually fight...how to do a giant topic title and people understood? Adding info inside with videos. πŸ‘

☝️☝️
    And...
    Did you know is a known website for gamers with curious secrets https://didyouknowgaming.com/archive
    Enjoy their archive...