Options

WTH?is it still April Fool's?

So I'm low on revives and won't use 1 on tb event quest atm.
I came up short twice on the boss in 2.2 after being left with little health by iron man infinity war.
I was low on health so I decided to start preparing to do my masters loadouts.
Health filled up so I went back to 2.2.
No iron man infinity war!
I checked the rest of the quest and there seemed to be other champs changed so I had a look at the previous quests thinking I had got mixed up with a different quest,but still no imiw!
Even stranger on the paths I had supposedly completed were a bunch of champs I have not fought today.
This has to be another candidate for weirdest glitch ever.

Btw has anyone else opened more paragon crystals without pulling a 7* than me ?I've pulled 323 no 7* and only 12 6*.all the 6* were after crystal number 238.
Kabam seems to like winding up mathematicians,Stephen hawking and the like by sending out their "crystal spin system" template email to assure us that a 1% drop doesn't mean you will get a 7* every 100 crystals.
Sorry kabam but that is exactly what it means.i know you think you're gods now but that doesn't mean you can decide to change basic math.

Comments

• Options
    Superdave1966Superdave1966 Posts: 76
    edited April 5

All this proves is that Paragon crystals are a waste of money.

Waste of time and money but even if everyone had an actual 1% drop rate you'd get a 7* eventually for all the grinding or cash.
    And they would still be a waste of money!
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,822 ★★★★★
    Shake it off shake shake shake it off 🎶🎶
    Haters gonna hate hate
  • Options

Haters gonna hate hate

Don't worry,I knew they were trouble when they walked in
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,822 ★★★★★

Haters gonna hate hate

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

All this proves is that Paragon crystals are a waste of money.

People spend money/units on paragon crystals? Yikes.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,227 ★★★★★

I came up short twice on the boss in 2.2 after being left with little health by iron man infinity war.
    I checked the rest of the quest and there seemed to be other champs changed so I had a look at the previous quests thinking I had got mixed up with a different quest,but still no imiw!
    Even stranger on the paths I had supposedly completed were a bunch of champs I have not fought today.

Btw has anyone else opened more paragon crystals without pulling a 7* than me ?I've pulled 323 no 7* and only 12 6*.all the 6* were after crystal number 238.
    Kabam seems to like winding up mathematicians,Stephen hawking and the like by sending out their "crystal spin system" template email to assure us that a 1% drop doesn't mean you will get a 7* every 100 crystals.
    Sorry kabam but that is exactly what it means.i know you think you're gods now but that doesn't mean you can decide to change basic math.

well you just don’t know how odds work then

• Options
    Gamer said:

Who's odds?yours and kabam's or mine aka the rest of the world and their teaching books!you strange person.
    1% of 100 is 1 so to use a percentage to advertise the likelihood of getting a 7* literally means 1 In every 100 crystals.
    My father was a racehorse trainer so I spent a lot of my life at racecourses so I guess I do know how odds work and paragon crystals don't say "drop rates 100-1 ,even though it would mean pretty much the same thing except a percentage should be more reliable.
    Try studying Newton's quincunx and learn how probability tallies with percentages.
    To advertise a 1% drop means it should be thereabouts whatever way most of the world looks at it.i certainly shouldn't still be waiting for my first 7* drop from 1 after now 324 paragon crystals.and 12 x 6* is way off 8% too.8% would be 26 x6* and a juicy 7000 7* shards as I have nearly all basic 6*
    Anyway I heard there's a guy on another thread arguing that black is white,sounds like he could use your skills
  • Options

Haters gonna hate hate

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes
    Karma is the guy on the screen coming straight home to me!
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,729 ★★★
    I opened 8 paragon crystals few days ago and got 7* Gamora 😊
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,699 Guardian

Who's odds? yours and kabam's or mine aka the rest of the world and their teaching books!
    1% of 100 is 1 so to use a percentage to advertise the likelihood of getting a 7* literally means 1 In every 100 crystals.
    My father was a racehorse trainer so I spent a lot of my life at racecourses so I guess I do know how odds work and paragon crystals don't say "drop rates 100-1 ,even though it would mean pretty much the same thing except a percentage should be more reliable.
    Try studying Newton's quincunx and learn how probability tallies with percentages.
    To advertise a 1% drop means it should be thereabouts whatever way most of the world looks at it.i certainly shouldn't still be waiting for my first 7* drop from 1 after now 324 paragon crystals.and 12 x 6* is way off 8% too.8% would be 26 x6* and a juicy 7000 7* shards as I have nearly all basic 6*
    Anyway I heard there's a guy on another thread arguing that black is white,sounds like he could use your skills

@DNA3000 , here is another one.

(tried pulling them into one of the other threads conversations, guess it just needs explanation here too)

But I’ll follow up up their horse racing logic…
    A certain horse seems to always go off at 4-1 odds.
    His first 3 races, the horse loses.
    On his 4th race, I dump all my crypto, gold, house title, etc, and put it ALL on that horse, because the world's teachings on odds all say that he is guaranteed to win that 4th race of his. 😀

(yes, I see that somehow there are saying a 1% chance is NOT the same as saying 100-1 odds. But basically, YES, it does mean that)
    It is on each, individual, instance. Not cumulative.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 721 ★★★
    edited April 6
    I posted a similar post. Just labeled Math. I know how math works. I know that just because it says (for example) 10% it doesn't mean 1 in 10. But statistically and theoretically speaking. Again. Theoretically. We could open 1 million and not get any. The stat is 1% of all crystals opened. My little bro opened 10 paragons and got 2 7*. Dumb luck. But consistent bad luck feels suspect. It's not 1 in 100. It's 100 slots on a big spinning wheel for each indidividial crystal. And you probably won't ever hit that 1% but maybe you will. The best advice has been givin. Don't buy things that aren't guaranteed. I spent 150 trying for a prowler. I got zero even 6* champs. Oh well. I should have spent the same on a xmagica guaranteed 7* crystal. Or better yet. Not spend at all. My biggest issue is still the data mining somebody did that showed non spenders or someone who used to spend but didn't for awhile and came back to amazing luck. And it's almost guaranteed. It's an algorithm patent purchased I believe.
  • Options

Who's odds? yours and kabam's or mine aka the rest of the world and their teaching books!

@DNA3000 , here is another one.

(tried pulling them into one of the other threads conversations, guess it just needs explanation here too)

But I’ll follow up up their horse racing logic…
    A certain horse seems to always go off at 4-1 odds.
    His first 3 races, the horse loses.
    On his 4th race, I dump all my crypto, gold, house title, etc, and put it ALL on that horse, because the world's teachings on odds all say that he is guaranteed to win that 4th race of his. 😀

(yes, I see that somehow there are saying a 1% chance is NOT the same as saying 100-1 odds. But basically, YES, it does mean that)
    It is on each, individual, instance. Not cumulative.
    That's exactly right buddy,but the big picture is that the end result should equal the percentage they advertise,otherwise it just isn't a 1% chance,they might as well just say the drop rates are nigel,because that makes as much sense.its not a 1% chance so call it something else.
    Odds are similar to percentage but not in a horse racing way,those odds are made up by the bookie as the amount they are willing to pay you,worked out by the horses chance of winning,but so the horse actually has less of a chance than its odds.
    Seems like kabam.are the bookie!
    Odds in the mathematical sense mean 100 to 1 is 1 in every hundred, the same way as a percentage is worked out.its a done deal,not a gamble.if you don't get roughly 1 7* in 100 paragon crystals,then the drop rate I'm afraid is just Nigel,nothing else.the drop rate of paragon crystals on my account is 0% atm.if I pull 1 tomorrow the drop rate for me is 0.325% and it won't become 1% unless I draw 3 more before I reach 400 crystals or 4 more by 500 paragon crystals.
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I posted a similar post. Just labeled Math. I know how math works. I know that just because it says (for example) 10% it doesn't mean 1 in 10. But statistically and theoretically speaking. Again. Theoretically. We could open 1 million and not get any. The stat is 1% of all crystals opened. My little bro opened 10 paragons and got 2 7*. Dumb luck. But consistent bad luck feels suspect. It's not 1 in 100. It's 100 slots on a big spinning wheel for each indidividial crystal. And you probably won't ever hit that 1% but maybe you will. The best advice has been givin. Don't buy things that aren't guaranteed. I spent 150 trying for a prowler. I got zero even 6* champs. Oh well. I should have spent the same on a xmagica guaranteed 7* crystal. Or better yet. Not spend at all. My biggest issue is still the data mining somebody did that showed non spenders or someone who used to spend but didn't for awhile and came back to amazing luck. And it's almost guaranteed. It's an algorithm patent purchased I believe.

Sadly this seems to be true here.i play legend of the cryptids and the algorithm there is brutal.i was f2p for years and considering I wasn't spending my luck was great.couldnt quite get to the top ranks but chugged along nicely.
    Then I came into a little bit of money and started to spend more,nothing ridiculous, and seemed to mainly get what i wanted reasonably cheap.
    Then there was a top card in my element which I had already complained hadn't been released before as there was one In both other elements for nearly a year.i don't know if that was relevant but I had really bad luck,had to empty 2 ticket boxes costing me over £200.ever since then I just don't get luck like I used to,if I want a card I generally have to empty at least 1 box of tickets.
    Here in mcoc was similar but I hadn't considered an algorithm,but it would make sense.i never spent much,then got sacked in to a few daily specials.
    Decided I wanted weapon x a while ago so bought all the offers.this last time I had a bunch of units saved and got knull from the titan crystal,but I had wanted a newer champ.near the end I decided to buy my way to another Titan.stupid because I had already predicted the outcome.Jabari panther.nearly quit.
    I also hadn't really factored an algorithm into free and grinded for crystals.surely to get someone to spend there needs to be a sweetener here and there?I got my 7* nightcrawler today.i don't need to buy another daily special,and there hasn't been anything to keep me interested.
  • Options
    doctorb said:

I opened 8 paragon crystals few days ago and got 7* Gamora 😊

Maybe I should try saving them up again,nothing has worked so I started opening singles but it might help to go back to opening multiples
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

Gamer said:

Who's odds?yours and kabam's or mine aka the rest of the world and their teaching books!you strange person.
    The standard Paragon crystal has 1% chance to drop a 7* champ. The odds of missing after 324 crystals is 3.85%, or about one in 26. in other words, if 26 players decide to open 324 Paragon crystals, there is a pretty decent chance that at least one of them will fail to find a 7* champ. Low odds, but not ridiculously low odds.

Already mentioned previously, but for completeness sake ask your father if a horse is posted with 22-1 odds and you see it lose 21 times, you can make a billion dollars by betting everything you have on the next race, because it is guaranteed to win.

This is also why even if you decide to throw out proper statistics, it is *impossible* for Kabam to rig the crystals to guarantee everyone sees a one in a hundred rate, even if they wanted to, without creating other problems. Imagine someone gets lucky and gets two 7* champs in a row, which does happen. The only way to average out to one in a hundred would be for someone else to not see a 7* champ in a hundred crystals for the average to return to one in a hundred. But then that player would complain they didn't see a one in a hundred drop and they would have no idea they were seeing that to counterbalance someone else's good luck.

The only way for everyone to see *at least* one in a hundred is if the actual drop rate is a lot higher than the actual posted drop odds, which is nonsensical.

Also, I've taught statistics. I have a pretty sizeable math background from both an engineering degree and using math professionally. I've never heard of "Newton's quincunx" in the context of statistical calculation. Sounds like it comes from his alchemy work, or something someone just made up to sound smart and unGoogleable.
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 83
    I know it sucks but the fact is only Kabam know the real percentage of 7 star dropping. It could be 1%, but could be 0.1% as well. They don’t provide any code to prove it so you just need to accept it
  • Options

I know it sucks but the fact is only Kabam know the real percentage of 7 star dropping. It could be 1%, but could be 0.1% as well. They don’t provide any code to prove it so you just need to accept it

Or don't!
  • Options
    edited April 6

Googled!