Why do I keep taking damage against Spider Ham in WoW?

dangarang122dangarang122 Member Posts: 417 ★★★
I build up to a SP3 and use it when the symbol for 3 comes, but for some reason, the power sting damage never reflects back to Spider Ham, and I end up dying instead. Anyone know why this is? Using Venom for this fight.

Comments

• FridgeFridge Member Posts: 10
    Even with a matching special attack number you still need 3+ debuffs (node reflects 35% of the damage per debuff)
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    - have the right special icon
    - have atleast 3 debuffs on yourself
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    Additionally, if you’re running the pacify mastery and the defender is stunned, it could mess with the node interactions.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Have you tried reading the nodes?

Sarcasm levels are high for me today apparently, read at your own risk. As others have said, it is most likely because you are using a special attack that isn't the one on the little number icon where buffs are below your champion health bar. This can cycle throughout the fight, so timing is important, but the reflection of damage also depends on the number of debuffs on you as you throw it. Because you aren't reflecting the damage, I'll assume that you either don't know what the nodes are doing or got unlucky and cycled the selected special attack by ending a combo with a different attack than before right before throwing the special.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    I watched this pretty closely, and i seem to take damage even when I met the above conditions (3+ debuffs, correct SP used). In my case, I *did* see the damage inflicted on Spider Ham, but I also took the damage. In other words, it was reflected, but not prevented.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    To max out the damage to him and minimize the damage you take, you need to get as many power stings on you as you can and use the Special indicated. His power stings do more damage the higher power when they pop, so go for the SP3.
  • MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Member Posts: 99
    Im suprised no one has mentioned this but you'll still take some damage if you have multiple taunts on you since it reduces your attack rating by over 50%. Best to throw the special with 1 or no taunts at all.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited April 6

Im suprised no one has mentioned this but you'll still take some damage if you have multiple taunts on you since it reduces your attack rating by over 50%. Best to throw the special with 1 or no taunts at all.

I didn't think hams taunts stacked, but I don't have much experience with him, but that would explain it since the one node caps the amount reflected if your base attack is less then 50% of its starting value.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Tbh I just used Titania and rushed sp3, ham was at 40% and then he just died for some reason 🤣

Other time used Herc for boom bam boom, sp1 sp2, punch punch, relic, boom sp1