Loadouts changing cost

AdeebAdeeb Member Posts: 11
I don't know if anyone from kabam will see this or not but i wanna highlight 2 things about this new loadouts feature.

1. As we have 3 loadouts so like everyone I made a main mastery, a recoil mastery and a war defense mastery. Then I went to war map for deploying my with the new mastery I have build for defense only and it was asking me to activate that mastery & without activating war mastery I can't use it for war defense. So when I activate the war mastery it became my primary mastery. After deploying all the champs I had to change it to my main mastery again. So my point is whenever you'll deploy your defense champs if you wanna use your war especial mastery it'll cost you 35 units and after deploying if you wanna switch to your regular one it'll cost you 35 units again. In a simple words it'll cost you 70 units to deploy your champs on war map. Every season all the alliance bring some differences in their war defense, sometimes they change the defense for multiple times and everytime it'll cost you 70 units. Now if you can't use your war mastery then what's the point of having it?

2. Arena is a big source of units for every ftp player. Recoil mastery makes arena grinding easy for the players. Now there are 2 types of arena. Featured & basic. It’s really hard for a ftp player like me to play both of them. Still if I wanna play both of them, it isn’t possible finishing all the milestones in a single run. I have to play arena twice a day. So for finishing both of the arenas i have to do 4 runs. Now if i wanna use recoil for playing arena so that i can grind easily is it possible switching the mastery every time? We get 270 units from 2 arenas and if I wanna use recoil only for arena then it'll cost me 280 for 4 runs and even if I complete all the milestones in a single run it'll cost me 140 units 2 completing both of them because after every run i'll have to switch it back to my regular mastery so that I can play other contents. Is it logical?? If I can't use recoil then what's the point of having a recoil loadout? We have 3 loadouts now but ftp players like me still won’t be able to use these loadouts properly because of the cost. I'm not saying to make everything free, i'll spend units for mastery changing as we used to do but this loadouts changing cost just made this feature valueless for the ftp players like us. Having 3 loadouts or having 1 loadouts is still the same for us. And i'm sure any ftp player will agree with me.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,408 Guardian
    It is 35 units to swap. If you swap anything out in the offense tree before, you were looking at losing out on 70+ units for a one-way swap.

Also the defense mastery loadout won't cost you anything, it will just use that for your defenders in AW everytime, so you can actually have different masteries in AW defense than you normally run.
  • Double_HelixDouble_Helix Member Posts: 56
    OP - note that the checkbox to set a mastery as your War Defense loadout isn't live in game for a few more days.
  • Ragnarok13Ragnarok13 Member Posts: 67
    edited April 7
    Maybe don’t switch so much and you won’t burn units.

Maybe don’t complain about something that now costs less units than it previously did.

Maybe … enjoy the video game.

Controversial, I know.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,408 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

It is 35 units to swap. If you swap anything out in the offense tree before, you were looking at losing out on 70+ units for a one-way swap.

Also the defense mastery loadout won't cost you anything, it will just use that for your defenders in AW everytime, so you can actually have different masteries in AW defense than you normally run.

This is really not the week for MCOC forums and math it seems
    Has it ever been?
  • UyuSsmaNUyuSsmaN Member Posts: 16
    How to apply different loadouts to different areas of the game like AW Defence , Arena, etc

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,790 ★★★★★

OP - note that the checkbox to set a mastery as your War Defense loadout isn't live in game for a few more days.

Android doesn't have the check box.

Wont recommend swapping masteries like changing underwear. Change them like you change engine oil, only when needed for efficiency.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    The AW Default Defense Checkbox won’t be live for another couple days, April 16th.

As for setting other permanent Masteries for specific content, and have it automatically applied (like the soon-to-be AW Defense, and like BattleGround), nope.
    For other content, it will eventually cost to do that switching each time.

Note, FREE Switching has been extended thru May 1st.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/364956/mastery-loadout-update-details-new-end-date#latest
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

This is really not the week for MCOC forums and math it seems
    Has it ever been?
    Math, Reading, all the basics have no place here.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Android doesn't have the check box.

Wont recommend swapping masteries like changing underwear. Change them like you change engine oil, only when needed for efficiency.
    The OP probably changing his oil everytime he fuels up by the sounds of it. 🤣
    Gotta be expensive!