**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is Kate Bishop too Strong?

JethuaJethua Posts: 75
I feel like she was pretty under-used before necro, but after, she has become a staple of the game. Her util and damage may be a little too much though. Did we get lucky with the time of her balancing? How strong should a champ be relative to their comic/cinema standing?

Is Kate Bishop too Strong? 272 votes

Too Strong
13%
BigPoppaCBONEJerryJiverCat_MurdockMqc19Longshot_33KerneasMoosetiptronicRockyshockyJustcause102BeeweeAngusMac279captain_rogersMoghazyxLunatiXxAzenstarIoniqus_797ChrisRM93Musha27magnus_xixJack2634 36 votes
Strong but balanced
79%
GamerPantherusNZBigbowlrGolden_GuardianBendyFreakydxNigKDoggg2017AzKicker316Manup456fmussapGK_23Ragnarok13TerrayossNescioShshscKpthagreatThatGuyYouSaw235Hendross 215 votes
Meh
4%
MagicBentonMonk1Nojokejaymfrodo2377AleorSCP1504ThiartcTheExit27Gogidee_jay5Danish0528McocBestGamePpatel1984 13 votes
Could be better/use a buff
2%
GravityCoach_G1Guest120193746239DarknessFallsPissedOffParagonKingering_Kingshield311IlociaM97 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,577 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    Perfect as is
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,767 ★★★★★
    Too Strong
    I have not done Necro and my Kate is 6*r5 Asc. She wipes off 300k+ healthpools in just over a minute, and without getting a single damage.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,163 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    Her 7* version will be broken, that's for sure
    6* is sweet
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,587 ★★★★★
    Too Strong
    PT_99 said:

Which champ can consistently deal 3k dot per tick at 6* r5, on the first 15 seconds of the fight
    and up until the fight ends, even if it
    takes an hour?

Her Dot is just unreal, she is useful from act 1 to everest content, war, aq, bg incursions everywhere in the game. Top tier attacker, annoying in defense nd great Utilities.

I still can't believe she passed the nerf wave.
    Even tho shang chi is my fav skill, kate is just
    Another league and it's a massive L we lost her
    In polls.

Wait wtf, people picked shang over Kate for 7* ?
    It was in the month of may, when kate was too new. Kabam made these polls for titan crystals where among 4 champs you choose one per class. They had shang, kate and two others for skill and people choose shang chi over kate. I won't complain since kate is very new at the time and many players donno bout her potential.

I once choose FAM over kate in a nexus crystal when I was newbie paragon as I thought kate was some overrated champ. But anyways got her before my first necro run 🥰.
  • Options
    Too Strong

Honestly could use a little buff

Tf???
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,296 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    I think shes fine how she is as shes a high skilled champ to get her full damage but is awesome for any player as her high dot also its potent due to the sig and perfect release if u cant perfect release her dot values aint even that strong
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,815 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced

Which champ can consistently deal 3k dot per tick at 6* r5, on the first 15 seconds of the fight
    takes an hour?

Her Dot is just unreal, she is useful from act 1 to everest content, war, aq, bg incursions everywhere in the game. Top tier attacker, annoying in defense nd great Utilities.

In polls.

Tons of Champs in this game have energy resistance/coldsnap immunity. Plus she isn't the first champion to have a fast ramp, nor will she be the last (CGR, Juggs, Tigra, the list goes on). Her coldsnaps also don't just last the whole fight, you have to actively refresh it which isn't always possible.
  • Options
    Too Strong
    Zuro said:

takes an hour?

In polls.

Tons of Champs in this game have energy resistance/coldsnap immunity. Plus she isn't the first champion to have a fast ramp, nor will she be the last (CGR, Juggs, Tigra, the list goes on). Her coldsnaps also don't just last the whole fight, you have to actively refresh it which isn't always possible.
    Not tons of champ, maybe 20 champs have coldsnap immunity/high energy resistance, at max 30.
    I'm not saying she is the only nuke, but she has the highest consistent dot in game.
    It's not like it's very tough to maintain her coldsnaps, and you can just reactivate them just by throwing a special. She would be broken at doom/herc level if she don't have that perfect release mechanism. A busted champ with moderate skill level
  • Options
    Strong but balanced

Zuro said:

takes an hour?

In polls.

Not tons of champ, maybe 20 champs have coldsnap immunity/high energy resistance, at max 30.
    I'm not saying she is the only nuke, but she has the highest consistent dot in game.
    It's not like it's very tough to maintain her coldsnaps, and you can just reactivate them just by throwing a special. She would be broken at doom/herc level if she don't have that perfect release mechanism. A busted champ with moderate skill level
    I still don't think she is as busted as you try to paint her. She has plenty of bad/difficult matchups, plus often needs more skill than the more broken Champs. It usually takes my r5 ascended one at least 45 seconds to finish in a good matchup in bgs, meanwhile champs like Juggs, Tigra, Hulking, Cgr, etc., can easily finish fights faster than that. She is strong but balanced.

Also just because she has the highest consistent damage doesn't mean she is broken, as someone will have to have that spot regardless. For example if Kate got nerfed, would the new champ with the highest consistent champ be broken too?
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 471 ★★★
    Strong but balanced
    She has a ton of utility and damage she isn’t broken to where she needs nerf but she is definitely very good
  • Options
    Strong but balanced
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

takes an hour?

In polls.

I still don't think she is as busted as you try to paint her. She has plenty of bad/difficult matchups, plus often needs more skill than the more broken Champs. It usually takes my r5 ascended one at least 45 seconds to finish in a good matchup in bgs, meanwhile champs like Juggs, Tigra, Hulking, Cgr, etc., can easily finish fights faster than that. She is strong but balanced.

Also just because she has the highest consistent damage doesn't mean she is broken, as someone will have to have that spot regardless. For example if Kate got nerfed, would the new champ with the highest consistent champ be broken too?
    Highest consistent damage*
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,470 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    She’s a fantastic champ, but there is stuff she can’t take. She’s great for short and long form content, has a lot of great utility, but there are energy resistance champs and the like, and with additions like Serpent who counter her pretty well, I’m sure she won’t ever reach busted status
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 369 ★★★
    OP, where is this question even coming from? We should be focusing on champs that can be improved, not tearing down the ones that shine across a variety of modes.
  • Options
    Strong but balanced
    I would like to add that I agree that she takes a lot of skill to play, especially for a prolonged period of time. This debate came up on Lag’s channel as well. I think that maybe in terms of character she is a little bit too strong. For example, Iceman, an omega level mutant, has less potent cold snaps on a full rotation than kate on sp1. As a YA with a bow and arrow, her block proficiency is higher than Doctor Doom. Things like that.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,380 ★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    If she were another top tier toxic defender too then yes but in her current state nah.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Strong but balanced
    Don't mess with my Kate 😍🌹
    Or I'll use a Cryo Arrow
    😎🏹
  • Options
    Strong but balanced
    Also, she can manipulate the defender as so easily. She has unblockable without unblockable, taunt without taunt, passive stun/evade, etc. On top of her base util, she has a lot of secret util as well. Things like evade counter with one sp1. As long as you can play Kate nearly perfectly for a prolonged period of time, she is too good. I do think that in the hands of the average player, she is still strong, but not that level of strong.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    Too Strong
    Jethua said:

I would like to add that I agree that she takes a lot of skill to play, especially for a prolonged period of time. This debate came up on Lag’s channel as well. I think that maybe in terms of character she is a little bit too strong. For example, Iceman, an omega level mutant, has less potent cold snaps on a full rotation than kate on sp1. As a YA with a bow and arrow, her block proficiency is higher than Doctor Doom. Things like that.

There are champs that feel like their design was definitely a labor of love (Kate, Kitty, Hercules, Chee'ilth) and some who feel like their designer went "sigh I guess I'll go phone in some work on the champion I was assigned now" (Nova #Justice4Nova He doesn't even have a proper win pose! They gave him a recycled placeholder one that doesn't even make sense for the character.). She has a few too many tools that are a bit too potent.

Yes, I'm annoyed that she's so much better than Hawkeye and to such a ridiculous extent.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,940 ★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    Perfectly balanced, as all things should be