Options

If we are going to be beta testers….

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 820 ★★★★★
You all need to quit having changes to the game late in the week or - in the case of masteries - have the deadline expire on Monday. Launch changes on Monday or Tuesday at latest and have the rest of the week to work on the bugs.

And never ever cut something off - like free mastery changes on Monday - when there are basically 3 days of unanswered forum posts from over the weekend.

Comments

• Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,331 ★★★
    What I see is so many posts about the horrible SQ and now Masteries, but not a single word from Kabam guys till now.

But, the support is giving keys.

So ,exist a problem...
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,331 ★★★

Kabam left us on read on their own forums??

Maybe some guy create a "Bycott" topic and they appear...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,180 ★★★★★

You all need to quit having changes to the game late in the week or - in the case of masteries - have the deadline expire on Monday. Launch changes on Monday or Tuesday at latest and have the rest of the week to work on the bugs.

And never ever cut something off - like free mastery changes on Monday - when there are basically 3 days of unanswered forum posts from over the weekend.

What do you mean late in the week? The update on Wednesday?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 820 ★★★★★

It was a general comment… we have had events and war changes launch on Friday. The specifics mentioned was the Monday cutoff on masteries.

And Wednesday is too late in the week since basically by midday Friday, all hopes of a fix are lost for the weekend.

Sorry, us beta testers want more favorable working conditions
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★

If we are going to be beta testers doesn't that account to unpaid labour?

Volunteer work. 🤗
  • Options

It was a general comment… we have had events and war changes launch on Friday. The specifics mentioned was the Monday cutoff on masteries.

And Wednesday is too late in the week since basically by midday Friday, all hopes of a fix are lost for the weekend.

Well their plan wasn't to have issues with the update. It's never the plan but bugs are gonna bug. Kabam has a history of making things right in situations like this.

If there hasn't been an update, it means there's nothing to share. My guess is that once they figure out the issue, we'll get another free week of mastery changes.

New content has always dropped on Wednesday since the game started.

I don't know what events you're talking about but war changes that happened recently were to fix the global tactic that was way over tuned. It's not a normal thing for it to happen.

You're acting like you haven't been a "beta tester" since starting the game. Can you tell me what difference releasing mastery setups today vs last Wednesday would change? Given they didn't fix them in the 2 and half days we've had them during the week, what would 1.5 extra days have done?

The community has this habit of making these doom and gloom posts and then Kabam fixes the issue and generally on bigger issues like this, compensates or extends events. Like last month, the event was extended 2 extra weeks and we were given more objectives with free stuff basically.
  • Options

Well their plan wasn't to have issues with the update. It's never the plan but bugs are gonna bug. Kabam has a history of making things right in situations like this.

If there hasn't been an update, it means there's nothing to share. My guess is that once they figure out the issue, we'll get another free week of mastery changes.

New content has always dropped on Wednesday since the game started.

I don't know what events you're talking about but war changes that happened recently were to fix the global tactic that was way over tuned. It's not a normal thing for it to happen.

You're acting like you haven't been a "beta tester" since starting the game. Can you tell me what difference releasing mastery setups today vs last Wednesday would change? Given they didn't fix them in the 2 and half days we've had them during the week, what would 1.5 extra days have done?

The community has this habit of making these doom and gloom posts and then Kabam fixes the issue and generally on bigger issues like this, compensates or extends events. Like last month, the event was extended 2 extra weeks and we were given more objectives with free stuff basically.
    Nice strawman - the issue i specifically addressed was the masteries being cut off today and we are all going to be stuck shelling out units. Thus the countless threads over the weekend with a Monday deadline.

But boy you sure whacked that strawman good. Even with the caveats of “there were never changes… except that one time… and this other time”
    I addressed your complaint. I also never said "there were never changes". But whatever homie. You do you.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,923 ★★★★★
    Ehh gotta admit they are leaving a lot of room for either a bug to affect a player, or human error to miss out on things...
    The magik heist thing with just a grace.. this sq with no room for error... I havent even try the mastery loadout cause I expected this.
    The war multiple issues. This last couple of months have not been the greatest.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,782 Guardian

If I'm going to be a beta tester, I want to get paid.

I don't know of any games with a beta that pays the beta testers. Alpha testers, on the other hand, is a completely different thing.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 587 ★★★★

If we are going to be beta testers doesn't that account to unpaid labour?

we're paying paying them to be beta testers

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,764 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

I don't know of any games with a beta that pays the beta testers. Alpha testers, on the other hand, is a completely different thing.
    I don't even know if "alpha testing" is still a common term. Beta test, and beta testers, is still a common term of art, but I personally have rarely if ever heard of "alpha test" in an official capacity. I have heard of games in "early alpha" but in that state of development things are still in sufficient flux that there often isn't a specific "test phase" of development. People are just testing stuff all the time.

I've been in a ton of beta programs, some pre-beta programs, and a couple early alpha ones. I have never once been referred to as an "alpha tester." The alpha testers are typically the developers themselves, and internal developmental QA.

The most compensation I ever got from a beta test was the beat bump. It was not uncommon for MMOs to offer their beta testers a significant boost to their accounts prior to launch. In some cases there were beta perks they received on launch day, and in other cases the beta players were given a head start. There were a couple games (I can't recall off the top of my head which ones) that allowed the beta players a three to seven day head start where they could play the game on live accounts after the beta wipe before it was open to the general public. I don't if this is still a thing these days, as I haven't been an active beta tester for online games in years (essentially pre-mobile).
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

I don't even know if "alpha testing" is still a common term. Beta test, and beta testers, is still a common term of art, but I personally have rarely if ever heard of "alpha test" in an official capacity. I have heard of games in "early alpha" but in that state of development things are still in sufficient flux that there often isn't a specific "test phase" of development. People are just testing stuff all the time.

I've been in a ton of beta programs, some pre-beta programs, and a couple early alpha ones. I have never once been referred to as an "alpha tester." The alpha testers are typically the developers themselves, and internal developmental QA.

The most compensation I ever got from a beta test was the beat bump. It was not uncommon for MMOs to offer their beta testers a significant boost to their accounts prior to launch. In some cases there were beta perks they received on launch day, and in other cases the beta players were given a head start. There were a couple games (I can't recall off the top of my head which ones) that allowed the beta players a three to seven day head start where they could play the game on live accounts after the beta wipe before it was open to the general public. I don't if this is still a thing these days, as I haven't been an active beta tester for online games in years (essentially pre-mobile).
    Star Citizen PC game has been in Alpha since 2012 so technically anyone playing is an Alpha tester by OPs logic.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,764 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

Star Citizen PC game has been in Alpha since 2012 so technically anyone playing is an Alpha tester by OPs logic.
    Star Citizen is not something I would consider a representative example of the games industry.

And to be fair, there is an idea within the OP that I happen to agree with, namely that in my opinion Kabam should consider the best timing to roll out new features that contain release day risk, moreso than I think they do now. Maintenance day used to be Tuesday for (presumably) common industry practice reasons - it was a relatively "safe" day to do stuff. Stuff now often releases at times when, if a problem happens, it is not easy to respond to.

I know for a fact there are times when they are highly cognizant of this, and deliberately schedule things to try to account for this. But they could do a better job with it in my opinion.