**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will this game ever have true, actual, real-time PVP?

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 477 ★★★
I’m talking about 2 summoner attackers fighting in a 2 player battle, why don’t we have that yet, and would it be possible to implement?

Comments

• Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Yeah, the actual fight mechanic is just too different and basic compared to something like Street Fighter or Tekken…
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 477 ★★★

Just imagine how it would be, both players just stay on block the whole damn time. Doesn't work

Well you need to actually attack to win a match, I dare you to hold block when I’m spamming basic attacks with my bullseye or Hulkling or Adam Warlock
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Booooooo
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★

Just imagine how it would be, both players just stay on block the whole damn time. Doesn't work

Well you need to actually attack to win a match, I dare you to hold block when I’m spamming basic attacks with my bullseye or Hulkling or Adam Warlock
    I'll just dex or light intercept you, but you are not AI, so you will try to hit me, but I'm not AI as we, I'll try to hit you as well.

Basically we both are intelligent enough to not make a move, lol.

Also imagine bout baiting specials, everyone wi only throw sp3, lol
  • Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 115
    Definitely not possible for this game but it would be funny/interesting if it were real and see how people would fight
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★

People would just dex or parry and immediately retaliate. Given how the combat system works in this game, in a real PvP match, whoever decides to initiate an attack is at a massive disadvantage.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,392 ★★★★★
    Servers go boom
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 114 ★★
    Both players will wait for each others' dash so they can intercept. This will result in a timeout or infinite staring at each other.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,061 ★★★★★
    Think of it this way, when they finally tried to allow us the "help all", it broke the game almost instantaneously. Those requests going back to the servers was enough to completely overload the servers in just a few minutes.

Not only that, the amount of issues that can arise from lag, peoples good or bad connections, the amount of people who would accuse others of cheating etc... isn't completely not worth even trying to implement this as a game mode.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,797 ★★★★★
    Yay so much fun 2 people holding block and hitting into it waiting for an opening....
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    As much as I like a true PVP live, I don't think the mechanics of the game would allow it and I'm not sure the server would support it right now. People are complaing that the Ai never throws a special as it is now. Can you imagine the other player holding block the whole time waiting for an opening and always holding there specials. There would be a million posts like:
    The other player kept holding block and saving their specials
    Why am I faced against a top tier player
    They picked Hyperion and I keep getting special 3 to the face
    They had a better draft than I did, it's not fair
    They have a 7 star rank 3 against my 5 star champ, it's unfair
    Why can't I face against someone of my level in skill and account level
    It's unfair......

The response is get good or You reached your limit so it's time to upgrade your champs.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,502 ★★★★★

I’ll just bring Hyperion and parry/dex you and just always smash you with my SP3
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★
    Nacho98 said:

Definitely not possible for this game but it would be funny/interesting if it were real and see how people would fight

Maybe a practice mode where you can invite friends/allymates for a duel. No rewards.
  • Options
    Double_HelixDouble_Helix Posts: 42
    The larger technical problem is the split-second / precise timing nature of the game coupled with remote lag playing another person across the internet. These types of games work very well with local multiplayer (e.g., two people on a Street Fighter arcade machine, or two controllers on the same Xbox). However, there are a whole bunch of issues that arise when, for example your block was a well-timed parry on your local device but was a few frames too late to be registered by the time your input arives on the other person's device. Now your two different game instances disagree on what state they are in, how much damage you took, whether your opponent is stunned, if you can attack, if they can attack, etc., etc. There are solutions, but they aren't easy and I can't ever imagine this game going there.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,693 Guardian

I’m talking about 2 summoner attackers fighting in a 2 player battle, why don’t we have that yet, and would it be possible to implement?

Never say never, but never.
  • Options
    LamenamechangeLamenamechange Posts: 2

That’s why street fighter had a timer. Kansan Has one too
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    Imagine trying to parry/dex with network lag. If your ping is above 10, it would be near impossible for either side to do all the really careful timing things you have to do in the game and it would be a nightmare.
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171
    Everyone will use Hyperion!!!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    I mean....if you want to kill the game, sure.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,693 Guardian

Although technically speaking if you really want to fight another player 1v1, you could always meet up at a Dave and Busters that has the arcade version.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 172 ★★
    edited April 17
    I think it would be an overall worse experience. Not just talking about ping advantages but how the meta would change. Literally just use Hyperion hold block in the corner and sp3 for the win. Also imagine just having guys who just hold block and then just re parry you.

It’ll just become a sweaty meta to whoever has the most patience. I for 1 wouldn’t want to be apart of it.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Bro, hide your email on your board profile page.