8.1&8.2 nerfs anywhere in near future?

Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 262 ★★
Going back to 100%act8. After being spoiled with the 3 paths in 8.3&8.4 8.1&8.2 take forever. I won't hit val if I 100% it anyways. Wondering if there's even a slight consideration in lowering the amount of paths? Or is that only a thing for going forward

Comments

• Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 262 ★★

It just takes a little more time. The fights aren't tough. There is absolutely no need for nerfs.

Nerf wasn't the right word. Maybe reduction lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

It just takes a little more time. The fights aren't tough. There is absolutely no need for nerfs.

Nerf wasn't the right word. Maybe reduction lol.
    But why? Act 8 isn't hard. It's less energy than act 6 as well. They haven't done anything with act 7 soni doubt you'll see any changes to act 8 for a very, very long time.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

I hate this trend of asking for easier things everywhere.

Unfortunately we live in 2024 so I don't think they're going anywhere
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Too many participation trophies. It's a joke.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Rather than waiting/hoping for content to be nerfed... what about them seem so daunting? If there is something specific, people can help with suggestions... but there really is nothing about acts 7/8 that needs nerfing... they are already issuing "challanges" on top of them.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Capitalist propoganda.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    I can understand act 6 but act 8 is so easy
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

So is act 6 after it got nerfed 276 tines.
    To be fair, the first iteration of act 6 kinda sucked lol. Worst nodes they ever made

It’s probably too easy now though
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

To be fair, the first iteration of act 6 kinda sucked lol. Worst nodes they ever made

The nodes weren't change except for the champion
    Pre nerf act 6 had attack ratings and health 3 times higher than current one (6.4.5 Symbiote boss had 40k attack rating)
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    Yes it's takes longer but it's easier anyway, plus there's 8.4 exploration rewards to work towards. You have a clear incentive I don't see what the problem is
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    OP isn't asking to nerf the nodes or difficulty level, OP wants 3 paths per section of Act 8.1- 8.3 like ACT 8.4 that's all. I agreed that it shouldn't be nerf since the rest of so many summoners already complete it and it's not fair to cut the paths in half now. I hope that any future Acts are only 3 path per section.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I swear Kabam only wanted 2% of players to finish act-6 during release period and they achieved that goal 🤣
    Were rewards at that time ground breaking?
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

I swear Kabam only wanted 2% of players to finish act-6 during release period and they achieved that goal 🤣
    Were rewards at that time ground breaking?
    And not one person in that 2% have ever ever complained about bg matchmaking. They developed skill instead of making excuses.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★

Going back to 100%act8. After being spoiled with the 3 paths in 8.3&8.4 8.1&8.2 take forever. I won't hit val if I 100% it anyways. Wondering if there's even a slight consideration in lowering the amount of paths? Or is that only a thing for going forward

Instead of piling on, I'm going to take a shot at answering the question. Redoing 8.1 and 8.2 (which both suck, IMO. 3 paths is the way) isn't likely because revising them to match 8.3 and 8.4 would cut into 9.1 and other future efforts for little to no benefit for Kabam and for players. I'm not going back and messing with either one. Not because they're too hard, they're just not fun. They're excessively repetitive and a drag. Even if they made changes to align with 8.3 and 8.4, I'm not getting enough out of it to bother for the foreseeable future.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 ★★★★
    When are they nerfing act 9?. I know it isn't released yet, but I want it nerfed already :)).

In all seriousness, I miss og Act 6. That was the best story content. Doing legend runs for 6.3 and 6.4 was a blast.