PSA about Masteries and AW

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
The bug is back where you suddenly have multiple masteries missing in a war fight.. it had gone away for a bit recently, but it's back.. and this time there is no visual indication like before (Profile PI remains the same visually this time)... I just did a war fight and had no Stupefy, Recoils... Who knows what else was missing.. maybe crit masteries? And just in time for Season... 🤦

Comments

• FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★

i don’t know how strict their release schedules are but if masteries are bugged the season should be delayed until it’s fixed

No they wouldn’t, season schedule is not a thing Kabam can change, based on what has happened this year, they technically cannot change it.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    edited April 22
    Yeah, swapping in and out of presets was working for a time.. then it actually stopped happening for a while.. now it's back, and swapping in and out doesn't fix it.. it's completely random, I just don't know if I'm gonna have masteries active going into each war fight.. I've now done 4 fights and 3/4 I had missing masteries

The worst part is there's no way to *see* what's missing or even that something is.. because the trees all show complete and my PI is no longer affected.. last time this was a thing.. you'd see it reflected in your PI and know not to enter a fight until you reset it.. now, there's no way to know

This is insane.. war is a competitive game mode and some of us focus all our rewards towards meta champs designed around war, this has to be fixed
    edited April 22
    How can you enter a war fight.. not knowing whether you can parry or not.. whether you will have your full damage or not.. these are intense, competitive and often difficult fights already.. to not know which masteries will actually be active in your fight is just insane - masteries are a core part of the game.. if this isn't addressed in one way or another before season starts idk even know what to say
    I've basically just used all my 8.4 rewards preparing for the upcoming season..
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    No issues to parry and heavy for me.
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Member Posts: 355 ★★

Yeah, swapping in and out of presets was working for a time.. then it actually stopped happening for a while.. now it's back, and swapping in and out doesn't fix it.. it's completely random, I just don't know if I'm gonna have masteries active going into each war fight.. I've now done 4 fights and 3/4 I had missing masteries

The worst part is there's no way to *see* what's missing or even that something is.. because the trees all show complete and my PI is no longer affected.. last time this was a thing.. you'd see it reflected in your PI and know not to enter a fight until you reset it.. now, there's no way to know

This is insane.. war is a competitive game mode and some of us focus all our rewards towards meta champs designed around war, this has to be fixed

The same was happening to members of our alliance last war, one fight stun duration is normal, next fight it isn’t, then it’s normal again then it isn’t

Resetting stupefy mastery manually doesn’t solve the problem, it can randomly disappear in any fight and then start working again in the next one. If there was any way to fix it manually it would’ve been discovered by now, pretty sure there’s no way to check it or control it

We may do manual reset of masteries before fights but there’s no guarantee it will work
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    I switched masteries and had 60 on the notification on mastery so idk what that means

I switched masteries and had 60 on the notification on mastery so idk what that means

That *seems* to be a visual bug.. I think.. going back into mastery menu and then back out removes it

But there are multiple mastery issues active at different times I'm pretty sure..

The same was happening to members of our alliance last war, one fight stun duration is normal, next fight it isn’t, then it’s normal again then it isn’t

Resetting stupefy mastery manually doesn’t solve the problem, it can randomly disappear in any fight and then start working again in the next one. If there was any way to fix it manually it would’ve been discovered by now, pretty sure there’s no way to check it or control it

We may do manual reset of masteries before fights but there’s no guarantee it will work
    Yeah, so a history of my experience since loadouts were introduced:

- War defenders were "shrugging" stuns.. causing us to either get parried or eat attacks as a result.. you could try to adjust mid fight , but by the time you figure out what's happening you've already lost health, ground in the fight or even the fight itself.. (you will often try it again as you weren't sure why it happened and/or really need parry stuns for the fight dynamics) among other issues (MD has been mentioned as well and I know I was missing damage whether Recoils, crit masteries or whatever in some fights..)

- We then noticed our masteries "falling off" for lack of a better term (in any game mode) from time to time (log out.. come back later and they're just gone) The first clue was when you'd see your profile champ has changed.. and your PI was 4-5k lower.. as if no masteries are active at all.. the workaround was to just swap out into a different loadout and swap back.. that issue seemed to go away

But now the war defense issue is back this war.. the latest theory is that the defenders actually have 2 loadouts active... 10/5 Limber, 10/5 MD, etc. 🙃🙃
    People have reported seeing MD as if it's doubled, in addition to all the reports of stun shrugs, etc.

Needless to say, it's a huge problem that makes AW literally an invalid game mode until it's fixed..
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 334 ★★
    edited April 22
    It’s literally been happening mid fight. Will have 4 parries that work perfectly fine and then one that was basically a milli second then back to normal this was in a story quest though not Alliance war
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 334 ★★
    Wait is this the issue? Is it using the defence mastery page for attack also?

Grub88 said:

Wait is this the issue? Is it using the defence mastery page for attack also?

I thought of that (and noticed that), but while my defense loadout is without Recoils, it does still have Stupefy maxed and other similarities to my my offensive builds, but yeah.. either way, just to be safe I did select out of and back into my attack build prior to fighting - that wasn't it

It's been reported by CCP at this point is my understanding, we'll see if there's a response
    FunnyDude said:

i don’t know how strict their release schedules are but if masteries are bugged the season should be delayed until it’s fixed

No they wouldn’t, season schedule is not a thing Kabam can change, based on what has happened this year, they technically cannot change it.
    you guys can give me all the disagrees, but at end, I just spoke out the reality
    Haha.. not me, I'm too long winded for that.. I will generally type at least one paragraph if I disagree:)
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 804 ★★★★
    edited April 23
    It's not missing masteries. It's double masteries for defenders. They have your current loadout at matchmaking time and the AW defense loadout if you marked that check box for it.
    So defenders can have 10 points in limber, 10 in MD, 6 in inequity... u get the idea
    Not everyone has that AW defense box checked, thats why it's inconsistent from fight to fight
    edited April 23
    Crys23 said:

It's not missing masteries. It's double masteries for defenders. They have your current loadout at matchmaking time and the AW defense loadout if you marked that check box for it.
    So defenders can have 10 points in limber, 10 in MD, 6 in inequity... u get the idea
    Not everyone has that AW defense box checked, thats why it's inconsistent from fight to fight

Yes, I believe this is absolutely true as well and agree.. however prior to the last update we were actually having masteries go missing in different game modes, but this feels to be since corrected.. however this same issue with AW defenders was happening prior to the check box in defense, so I don't know if there is/was also an entirely separate issue that was causing double masteries as well

What was really fun (sarcasm) prior to the last update was if both your masteries were missing and the defender had double 😂.. but again I think the "missing" masteries was solved in the last update 🤞or.. the previous interactions in war *were* from missing masteries and now are from the check box.. no idea
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

Except when they *DO* change it, lol. Delayed until (at least) May 1st.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/365759/delaying-aw-season-49-to-resolve-mastery-issues#latest

FunnyDude said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/365759/delaying-aw-season-49-to-resolve-mastery-issues#latest
    Ok, the first time I’m WRONG about Kabam in the past a few months, good to know they still can do this.
    Now the question is, why did they even allow last season run till the end and let all the damage happen? Ego?

FunnyDude said:

See, this is why I said "technically", "fragile", because there is always a consequence, Kabam knows and I know Kabam knows.

I wish I'm wrong every single time and wish the best for the game, but the reality is ugly.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    I’m taking a break from game if Kabam go to paid switching and the issues are still there.