The mystery of the unknown damage

jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
edited April 26 in General Discussion
Unfortunately i don't have video for this, so it may be impossible to answer this question. But I'm curious if anybody would know what's happening here.

This fight took place in AQ map 6. There are no damage-relevant nodes involved - just a bubble shield.

This fight was very straightforward - parry into 5-hit combo, and it ended with the first sp2. In this fight, Namor never had a DoT effect on him while he was attacking. And yet, at one point in the fight, i took a big burst of damage, and i have no idea where it came from. Any thoughts?

Comments

• FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★
    edited April 26
    If Namor has shocks on him and is attacking he reflects damage based on his sig. That would be my guess. Since he wasn’t shocked though, no clue. Weird.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    Yeah, that's why i really wish i had a video. He died with the very first special, and he doesn't have any regen or prowess effects. So where would he have gotten shocks on him before the end of the fight?
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    jdschw said:

Yeah, that's why i really wish i had a video. He died with the very first special, and he doesn't have any regen or prowess effects. So where would he have gotten shocks on him before the end of the fight?

It's 100% reflected damage, there's not a shred of doubt about that.
    Did he dash into you when you launched the special? Or something like that?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Post the nodes?
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    edited April 26

When i actually fought this yesterday, it had rubber band rather than shielded maneuvers. But i don't think either of them explain the dmg.

Namor did not dash into the special. I threw it at the end of a combo.

But yeah, i mean, i agree that it must be reflected damage. I just can't think of what was reflected.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★
    Even just an intercept could account for it. But agree with above that it's definitely reflected damage.