Options

Does anyone enjoy reverse controls?

ReinaReina Posts: 280 โ˜…
Seriously, why is it still being put in the game? Is this a popular node? I personally hate it, feels like a really cheap way to make a fight more "difficult"

Comments

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,625 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I don't mind it. I used to hate it, but then I got practice against it.
    Still not the best at it, but I can live with it.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 630 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Im a lot better at it now so i think itโ€™s kinda fun now but i do still think it is a bs node regardless.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 385 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Wiccan, Juggs, ProfX, and Emma all love reverse controls
  • Options
    1199345 said:

I pulled Wiccan recently didn't look at his kit yet tho, why does he love them?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,625 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Reina said:

1199345 said:

Because he's immune to them.
  • Options

Reina said:

1199345 said:

that's awesome, glad I got him then def gonna use him on this Kindred fight
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 958 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I suck at reverse controls so bad lol
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 223 โ˜…โ˜…
    Ercarret said:

I can deal with a whole fight with reverse controls. What I hate are specials that reverse your controls when they activate. It makes them so annoying to bait out since you're constantly run the risk to just randomly run head-first into the special because you wanted to dash back just as they launched the attack.

This with the first hit of the special being unblockable is infuriating
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 854 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I don't think they're a bs node, on the contrary, I think they're one of the most skill based challenge nodes in the entire game.
    I'm not not an expert at it, but I can play around it decently enough, although I do feel like I'll have a major learning curve when I take the reverse controls path in necro
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,406 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Ercarret said:

I can deal with a whole fight with reverse controls. What I hate are specials that reverse your controls when they activate. It makes them so annoying to bait out since you're constantly run the risk to just randomly run head-first into the special because you wanted to dash back just as they launched the attack.

Emma frost enters the chat
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,417 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Reina said:

Reina said:

1199345 said:

You can, but unfortunately Kindred is immune to Incinerate, so you're going to miss out on half of Wiccan's damage.

He's great against Knull, though; as well as the usual buff-heavy cosmic champs.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Least it ain't Root
  • Options
    DeadManWadeDeadManWade Posts: 275 โ˜…
    Looks like someone's got their spandex in a twist over a little something called "fun." Yeah, I know, crazy concept, right? But trust me, there's more to this game than just breezing through fights like a smooth criminal. It's about strategy, baby! And yeah, sometimes that means facing off against some seriously annoying nodes. But hey, where's the thrill in easy-peasy lemon squeezy? Embrace the challenge, folks!
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I do enjoy it when it's while fighting Telepaths, like Emma frost and Onslaught
  • Options
    RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Posts: 23 โ˜…
    They don't really bother me, especially if it's caused by a node which causes the controls to be permanently reversed for the fight, they're easy to adapt to.

Though I do find them kind of annoying VS a champ like Knull who can inflict them regularly in fights meaning I have to quickly adapt to the reverse controls on the spot.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 445 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Root and reverse controls ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
  • Options

Looks like someone's got their spandex in a twist over a little something called "fun." Yeah, I know, crazy concept, right? But trust me, there's more to this game than just breezing through fights like a smooth criminal. It's about strategy, baby! And yeah, sometimes that means facing off against some seriously annoying nodes. But hey, where's the thrill in easy-peasy lemon squeezy? Embrace the challenge, folks!

lol what are you talking about? Everyone is being very civil
  • Options

Reina said:

Reina said:

1199345 said:

You can, but unfortunately Kindred is immune to Incinerate, so you're going to miss out on half of Wiccan's damage.

He's great against Knull, though; as well as the usual buff-heavy cosmic champs.
    Ended up going with Nimrod, ugh that fight was so unfun