Options

Help with CGR rotation

shield311shield311 Posts: 282 ★★
edited April 29 in General Discussion
I've attached a clip on one of many fights I've tried after newly acquiring cgr from poolies event, I watched a few yt vids and read about its rotations and tried many but mostly the damage isn't a crit and does very low damage as shown in the video.

Would be glad if anyone threw some light on proper cgr rotation for BGs and average act 7 and 8 battles and mistakes made in the duel.

https://youtu.be/T21-0WIoVCg?si=W2-UMklPJqE2T_i1

Comments

• Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 635 ★★★
    edited April 29
    i use in BG and mid fight
    Parry heavy , Mllll , powergain , Mllllm , sp2 ,
    again whole combo of MLLLL if he not dead relic into MLLLM , dead

also
    u will be at 5 judgments so after sp2 if u use MLLLL again power gain before relic use

if u use heavy before Powergain so Aptitude buff will help to gain more power. so when u do MLLLM combo for vigilance u will be at 2 bars of power.
    also don't use dex before sp2
    use parry or double parry
    use thor relic will help more and easy access to judgments.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,220 ★★★★★
    Error you made in your vid:
    Went sp3 without using the aptitude, it had expired.
    You dexed meaning no precision during your sp2.
    Your fight is immune to armor break, where most of CGR damage comes from.

In a BG type of health pool just start with parry heavy for aptitude. Then MLLLL for power gain, then MLLLM straight into sp2. All without dexing before that sp2.
  • Options

Go to youtube search SLAYER OF GODS ,
    You'll find a full playlist of LITERALLY EVERYTHING,you need to know about CGR, that dude spent years exploring his kit , his entire channel was based on this.

alright thanks, will check him out

• Options
    xLunatiXx said:

In a BG type of health pool just start with parry heavy for aptitude. Then MLLLL for power gain, then MLLLM straight into sp2. All without dexing before that sp2.

ah, the sp3 was accidental tbh, im still learning cgr so I gained too much power and wanted to sp2 there, goofy gameplay from my side, ill practice him a bit before taking him in main roster, thanks
  • Options
    TheSaith said:

i use in BG and mid fight
    Parry heavy , Mllll , powergain , Mllllm , sp2 ,
    again whole combo of MLLLL if he not dead relic into MLLLM , dead

also
    u will be at 5 judgments so after sp2 if u use MLLLL again power gain before relic use

if u use heavy before Powergain so Aptitude buff will help to gain more power. so when u do MLLLM combo for vigilance u will be at 2 bars of power.
    also don't use dex before sp2
    use parry or double parry
    use thor relic will help more and easy access to judgments.

noted, tysm :smiley:
  • Options
    DeadManWadeDeadManWade Posts: 275
    xLunatiXx said:

Your tips are like chimichangas for the soul - much appreciated! B)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,441 ★★★★★
    Whatever @Priyabrata said, and after your sp2, Parry 5 hits + relic and another 5 hit opponent is cooked
  • Options
    EdarimEdarim Posts: 30
    TheSaith said:

if u use heavy before Powergain so Aptitude buff will help to gain more power.

no .. the aptitide buff has no effect on the powergain. use the heavy right before the sp2 to increase the dmg

• Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 ★★★★
    Edarim said:

TheSaith said:

if u use heavy before Powergain so Aptitude buff will help to gain more power.

no .. the aptitide buff has no effect on the powergain. use the heavy right before the sp2 to increase the dmg

Actually it does. CGR gains 20% buff duration for each judgement on the opponent. If you do the power gain as the first judgement, you don't get the added duration, so you will have less power
  • Options
    thanks alot guys, i checked out slayer's yt channel and posts, i can use cgr much better now, still trying not to dex before specials so yeah that takes practice :)
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 861 ★★★★
    shield311 said:

thanks alot guys, i checked out slayer's yt channel and posts, i can use cgr much better now, still trying not to dex before specials so yeah that takes practice :)

Gotta get those re-parries going my guy.
    They're extremely helpful for the no dex short fight rotation. Although with CGR's damage a lot of medium range fights are just short for him lol
  • Options

shield311 said:

They're extremely helpful for the no dex short fight rotation. Although with CGR's damage a lot of medium range fights are just short for him lol
    welp, i'm facing the main issue, I keep dexing attacks, everytime opponent charges heavies or dashes at me, I just always end up dexing somehow :sweat_smile: kinda annoying honestly, its just been such a old habit that I almost always end up dexing everytime opponent interacts..
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 861 ★★★★
    Happened to everyone when they first pulled him man. It's a learning curve and a very helpful one at that, take the time.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,459 ★★★★
    shield311 said:

shield311 said:

welp, i'm facing the main issue, I keep dexing attacks, everytime opponent charges heavies or dashes at me, I just always end up dexing somehow :sweat_smile: kinda annoying honestly, its just been such a old habit that I almost always end up dexing everytime opponent interacts..
    Just hold block. You'll get used to it.
  • Options
    shield311 said:

When you start fights, do Heavy, MLLLL, MLLLM Sp2.

https://youtu.be/Zi8QVQUsfEU
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 273 ★★
    @SlayerOfGods if it isn’t the OG himself
  • Options
    VxnxmVxnxm Posts: 13
    He is immune to armour break which is where most of the damage comes from
  • Options
    DeadManWadeDeadManWade Posts: 275

shield311 said:

When you start fights, do Heavy, MLLLL, MLLLM Sp2.

https://youtu.be/Zi8QVQUsfEU
    Hey there, @SlayerOfGods! Thanks for dropping by with your expert advice, but you know me, I like to spice things up a bit! How about I start fights by doing a pirouette followed by a cartwheel, then maybe a backflip just for fun, and THEN hit 'em with the Heavy, MLLLL, MLLLM Sp2? Gotta keep 'em on their toes! But hey, always appreciate the tips, especially from someone who slays gods for breakfast!