Options

Security questions

Can we do something about Kabaam support. I played the game since 2015 and the idiots want me to know all the questions a out 10 years ago.

And in the vault side quest the game freezed and when I restarted the game it had gone to a lane already cleared. The support wont help me at all.

Seriosly, can we all do something about this until they change the way to confirm you own account. This need to stop, everyone get **** by Kabaam everytime. What can we all do ? Starting with bad rewives?
GET INVOLVED PPL

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,850 Guardian
    On the one hand, this is something that I have in fact had many discussions with the developers about over the years, and more recently with the advent of the web store, looking for ways to improve this process.

On the other hand, calling Kabam idiots when you’re the one that managed to completely forget how to authenticate your own account is leaning a bit into the land of irony. I’m finding it difficult to scrape up sympathy here.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★
    Lol
  • Options
    RoysanRoysan Posts: 3
    Bro, my first 2 purchases..... 10 years back. I can only see my transactions back to 2016 with my bank.

I started the game with an e-mail i had 10 years back, after a while a connected the game to my gaming hub.

When I started to play the game, you want me to remeber it ? Seriosly ?

Im not to here to argue with ppl like ypu.

I posten this cause there need to be a change in confirming your own account.

They are happy when we spend money on the game but when something happens you get 0 help.

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,902 ★★★★★
    Cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face.
  • Options
    RoysanRoysan Posts: 3
    DNA3000 said:

Roysan said:

Bro, my first 2 purchases..... 10 years back. I can only see my transactions back to 2016 with my bank.

I started the game with an e-mail i had 10 years back, after a while a connected the game to my gaming hub.

They are happy when we spend money on the game but when something happens you get 0 help.

Both Google and Apple keep records of all of your in app purchases, and it is even possible to determine when you first downloaded the game. I’ve helped other players navigate that process successfully.

However, you seem to not want to deal with people like me, so I will take my leave of this thread and leave you to find your own solutions.
    Ill be gladly to talk to you if you can help me. But my buys in Google and iTunes just shows me my purchases from 2017. Trust me, i tried as hell to find everything.

But honsetly, you think this is the best system Kabaam has and can use ? I want a change in how to recover an account.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,850 Guardian
    Roysan said:

DNA3000 said:

Roysan said:

Both Google and Apple keep records of all of your in app purchases, and it is even possible to determine when you first downloaded the game. I’ve helped other players navigate that process successfully.

However, you seem to not want to deal with people like me, so I will take my leave of this thread and leave you to find your own solutions.
    Ill be gladly to talk to you if you can help me. But my buys in Google and iTunes just shows me my purchases from 2017. Trust me, i tried as hell to find everything.

But honsetly, you think this is the best system Kabaam has and can use ? I want a change in how to recover an account.
    I did say that I have discussed ways to improve the system with Kabam directly, as I believe there are issues regarding how they currently authenticate accounts. However, devising a suitable alternative is tricky, because it has to first be resistant against people trying to hijack other player's accounts.

[I had an idea which I mentioned to the devs, but as it is a security related thing, it would not be appropriate to discuss it here now. However, I have reason to believe it would work, also for reasons inappropriate to discuss here.]

As to purchases, my own iTunes account history shows all my MCOC purchases, and it also shows when I first downloaded (and presumably started playing) the game. The very first time I downloaded the game, my iTunes records show a zero dollar "purchase" for MCOC. That's the only time such a thing shows up, which is how iTunes records the first download of a free app (it is considered a purchase but for no money).

It is a pain in the neck to reach if you have a ton of history, but it is there. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/118212

I've been told Google Play has similar features, but I don't have a Google Play account to test. Or rather, I do, but I've never played MCOC on Android to see what the records would look like.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Roysan said:

DNA3000 said:

Roysan said:

I did say that I have discussed ways to improve the system with Kabam directly, as I believe there are issues regarding how they currently authenticate accounts. However, devising a suitable alternative is tricky, because it has to first be resistant against people trying to hijack other player's accounts.

[I had an idea which I mentioned to the devs, but as it is a security related thing, it would not be appropriate to discuss it here now. However, I have reason to believe it would work, also for reasons inappropriate to discuss here.]

As to purchases, my own iTunes account history shows all my MCOC purchases, and it also shows when I first downloaded (and presumably started playing) the game. The very first time I downloaded the game, my iTunes records show a zero dollar "purchase" for MCOC. That's the only time such a thing shows up, which is how iTunes records the first download of a free app (it is considered a purchase but for no money).

It is a pain in the neck to reach if you have a ton of history, but it is there. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/118212

I've been told Google Play has similar features, but I don't have a Google Play account to test. Or rather, I do, but I've never played MCOC on Android to see what the records would look like.
    The purchase history certainly helps, but it’s challenging for those of us with multiple accounts (I have documented all security answers for my main account, that is not an issue). There is no way to separate purchases or know for certain when a subsequent account was created when using the same Apple ID. Do you have any thoughts around this or have there been discussions around this problem?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★
    Don't buy accounts kids