Necro Modder detected

2»

Comments

• ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 499 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

GrO_ot78 said:

So, many comments are eventually deleted now, but this online troll's post with public shaming of other players remains?

Even if it breaks the forum rules ?!?

Weird…

Guardians can remove any comment on a thread, but not all threads can be removed by a guardian.
    Ngl, the weekend troll posts have been hilarious at times. I have mixed feelings about the fact that you guys can moderate them 😁
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    edited May 12
    GrO_ot78 said:

So, many comments are eventually deleted now, but this online troll's post with public shaming of other players remains?

Even if it breaks the forum rules ?!?

Weird…

My OG comment go deleted where I said that he is just salty over someone's progress without any proof without reconsidering his own skills in this matter
  • Cantona59Cantona59 Member Posts: 234 ★★★

“Infinite_Doom” is a modder. How can someone that’s level 46, and have around 500k total base hero rating beat necropolis? I’m 99% sure this is an modder. It’s funny that their total champs number is 245. Please ban this guy.

If I didn’t explore act 8 before doing necropolis, I would have also been around the level 46 region when I could have cleared.
    They have one of the cheapest counters, and 500k is similar to what I ended my Speedrun on.
    Not saying they aren’t a modder, each case has to be taken individually, but it’s definitely possible that it’s a real account.
  • DarkBlade6767DarkBlade6767 Member Posts: 2
    Cantona59 said:

“Infinite_Doom” is a modder. How can someone that’s level 46, and have around 500k total base hero rating beat necropolis? I’m 99% sure this is an modder. It’s funny that their total champs number is 245. Please ban this guy.

If I didn’t explore act 8 before doing necropolis, I would have also been around the level 46 region when I could have cleared.
    They have one of the cheapest counters, and 500k is similar to what I ended my Speedrun on.
    Not saying they aren’t a modder, each case has to be taken individually, but it’s definitely possible that it’s a real account.
    I did my Necro run first as I wanted to get past the hurdle that is doing my first path of Necro for that R3 gem. I am trying to do a Valiant run in under 2 months time, and I’m only now going back to 100% Act 8 since it’s a cake walk compared to Necro. Haven’t been using any XP boosts (I should be) and I haven’t gone back to 100% any of Act 4 or 5 where you get a ton of XP which explains why my alt is at such a low level.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

This is the same guy who has proof of FPS dropping with a screenshot...
    Come on guys lol...

To be fair, the screenshot does have a frame rate of zero.

The issue is that there’s no forum rule barring people from being confused or posting random irrelevant screenshots. There is a rule against accusing other players of prohibited behavior. All reasonably knowledgeable players would immediately see this as being vastly insufficient evidence to accuse someone of something, but this game’s player base is not composed of nothing but reasonably knowledgeable players. When you post a screenshot of Doom with less sparkles, that just makes you look weird. When you accuse someone of cheating without sufficient evidence, you could convince some people that you’re right and create problems for another player without just cause. That takes this type of thing beyond the realm of the amusing, and into the realm of the potentially dangerous.

I have no idea if the player referenced ever cheated in the game, but everyone starts with the presumption of innocence and the screenshot provides literally no information one way or the other. The OP should learn that quickly, because repeated violations of this rule is itself a potentially bannable offense.
  • StertslStertsl Member Posts: 106

DNA3000 said:

Come on guys lol...

The issue is that there’s no forum rule barring people from being confused or posting random irrelevant screenshots. There is a rule against accusing other players of prohibited behavior. All reasonably knowledgeable players would immediately see this as being vastly insufficient evidence to accuse someone of something, but this game’s player base is not composed of nothing but reasonably knowledgeable players. When you post a screenshot of Doom with less sparkles, that just makes you look weird. When you accuse someone of cheating without sufficient evidence, you could convince some people that you’re right and create problems for another player without just cause. That takes this type of thing beyond the realm of the amusing, and into the realm of the potentially dangerous.

I have no idea if the player referenced ever cheated in the game, but everyone starts with the presumption of innocence and the screenshot provides literally no information one way or the other. The OP should learn that quickly, because repeated violations of this rule is itself a potentially bannable offense.
    Banned from what? The forums? I can easily make another account
    And that acc will probably also get banned
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    Stertsl said:

DNA3000 said:

Come on guys lol...

And they can ban the in-game account if someone get's too out of hand. But hey, OP's gonna do whatever they want.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

JollyHawk said:

Stertsl said:

DNA3000 said:

Come on guys lol...

And they can ban the in-game account if someone get's too out of hand. But hey, OP's gonna do whatever they want.
    It’s too bad my in game account on this account only has a 3 star Hawkeye lol. Guess I’ll go cry about losing an account with 3 star Hawkeye
    Repeated abuse of the forums can at Kabam’s discretion lead to not just banning from forums, but also banning from the game, and in extreme cases players have had all their alts banned simultaneously.

It takes a lot to get there, but often less than the player thinks it would.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 914 ★★★

obsidiman said:

obsidiman said:

Other than your own speculation and conjecture, can you provide actual evidence that the player you called out has cheated or molded?

If you were looking for the best way to approach the forums on a weekend, you won hands down.

P.S. I'm a fan of Spider-Man, if you want to rant about how he's getting nerfed or taken away from my account in a feeble attempt at trying to stick it to me for disagreeing with your assertions of wrong doing with zero evidence.

Spider man is not even that good lol
    Wow my guy... you broke me. You're right and I'm wrong. I have been put in my place. Game, set, match.
    Spider man should be deleted from the game
    Getting more and more difficult to shake off these zingers. Each time you bash people for having ficticious comic book champions on a mobile game in their account, I cry a little longer and die a little more inside.
This discussion has been closed.